X

Issue with MSI afterburner, overclock settings, and Epic Games Launcher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with MSI afterburner, overclock settings, and Epic Games Launcher

When im not gaming, i run a cryptocurency miner on my graphics card and Ive noticed that whenever i try to run my Zcash miner that if Epic Games Launcher is open my clock rate on a GTX 1080 Ti drops from 1911mhz (overclocked at +150mhz) to 1481mhz and my power usage gets stuck at about 60% instead of going all the way to 100%. Closing Epic Games Launcher seems to allow MSI afterburner to control the graphics card again properly and it correctly applies my overclocking settings again. I opened and closed the launcher a few times and can see in the graphs on MSI afterburner when i open the launcher it drops clockspeed and as soon as i exit the launcher, afterburner goes back to the correct settings. Possible issue with the game launcher? this issue is seen when a game is not running, only with the epic games launcher running in the background where there should not be a significant load on the graphics card. Exiting the launcher and opening the launcher shows a clear repeat-ability in this issue on my system.
Working...
X