The Fortnite Boogiedown Contest Rules
#boogiedown Contest Rules
1. ELIGIBILITY: The #boogiedown (“Contest”) is open to adults who are Fortnite Licensees throughout the Contest Period (“Contestants”). Contest is open to participants worldwide, but is void wherever restricted or prohibited by law. The Contest is sponsored by Epic Games, Inc., located at 620 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518 (“Sponsor”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, the legal, promotion and advertising agencies of any aforementioned entity, and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, mother, father, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, uncles, aunts, nephews, nieces, grandparents and in-laws, regardless of where they live) and those living in their household (whether or not related), and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of the Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent and representative of any aforementioned entity are not eligible. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest Period begins on March 30, 2018, at 10:00 AM Eastern Standard Time (“EST”), and ends on April 10, 2018 at 11:59 PM EST (the “Contest Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. By participating, Contestants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges and/or Sponsor, which are binding and final on matters relating to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Online Submissions only. To enter the contest, you must publish an original piece of content to Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with #boogiedown in the text box before the end of the Contest Period.
Create your Submission: Make a short video of a dance or gesture that you think would be great as a Fortnite emote. You may include multiple people in your submission.
One (1) Submission per individual. Any attempted submission after the first shall be disregarded. All submissions must be created on or after the start date of the contest (March 30, 2018 10:00 am EST).
All contact information provided must be current, accurate, and valid. Submissions must be received during the Contest Period. No other methods of delivery will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Contestant it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or violating these Official Rules. Submissions will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, or unintelligible submissions and those Submissions are void and will not be accepted; nor is Sponsor responsible for any problems, bugs, or malfunctions Contestants may encounter when seeking to enter their Submissions.
4. SUBMISSION GUIDELINES: There are some limits on what you can do:
- Submissions must be directly accessible by Sponsor and any other person from the link you provide.
- Submissions must be shared on one of the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram
- Submission must not be an obvious extension of Epic Games’ official content.
- Submission must include original content only.
- Submissions should not require any additional software to run.
- Submissions may not contain personal attacks on anyone or any discernable product, including competitor products.
- Submissions may not depict nudity, animal cruelty, or illegal activity or substance, or offensive or obscene subject matter as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Submissions shall not portray Sponsor in a negative light.
- Submissions must be appropriate for a broad audience.
- Submissions may not feature any trademarks (including logos) other than those owned by Sponsor.
- Submissions must be original plays, achieved/created by the person who submits the entry. Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize Submissions from any source, nor may Submissions include third-party copyrighted material or artwork without the copyright holder’s permission. By entering, you warrant that your Submission does not infringe any third party’s rights, and that you have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties to submit the Submission.
- You hereby agree to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of the Submission.
- Although Sponsor is not reviewing Submissions for copyright violations, if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it is believed your Submission constitutes or may constitute copyright infringement, the Submission will be disqualified.
- Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes, in its sole discretion, doesn't meet this criteria, and to delete any such Submission from any and all location(s) under Sponsor’s control.
5. JUDGING: All entries will be prescreened to insure the entries have correctly met the Submission Guidelines and meet with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”).
Qualified Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a panel of qualified judges, according to the following criteria:
- Up to 50 points for Fun
- Up to 50 points for Positivity
- Up to 50 points for Originality
The highest scoring Qualified Submission will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner, the ninety nine (99) next highest scoring Qualified Submissions will be deemed Winners (collectively, “Selected Contestants”). Amongst Winners, Qualified Submissions will be further categorized as:
- four (4) highest scoring Winners will be deemed the “Secondary Prize Winners”
- the next five (5) highest scoring Winners will be deemed the “Tertiary Prize Winners”
- the next twenty (20) highest scoring Winners will be deemed the “Quaternary Prize Winners”
- the next forty (40) highest scoring Winners will be deemed the “Quinary Prize Winners”
- the next thirty (30) highest scoring Winners will be deemed the “Senary Prize Winners”
In case of a tie, the tying Qualified Submissions will be rescored with the judging criteria described above (i.e., creativity, quality, and Fortnite-ness), using a scale of up to 60 points for each criteria, with the highest scoring Qualified Submission as the chosen winner.
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, the creator’s name and profile information online (including Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, YouTube channels, and third-party websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Selected Contestant. Contestants understand that users of these sites may share, comment on (including negatively), and re-post their Submissions. Any requests by Contestants to have a Submission removed from consideration will be accommodated to the extent practically possible. Sponsor is not responsible for third party re-posting of Submissions.
Selected Contestants will be notified via the same platform through which they submitted their Qualified Submission (i.e., Twitter, Facebook or Instagram message) on or about April 22, 2018 and will be required to respond (as directed) to the notification within seventy-two (72) hours of attempted notification. The failure to respond timely to the notification may result in forfeiture of the Prizes; and, in such case, Sponsor may choose the next highest scoring entry from among the remaining eligible entries. The Selected Contestants may be sent a declaration of eligibility / liability / publicity release (“Release”). Unless restricted by law, Selected Contestants will be required to complete and return the Release within seventy-two (72) hours of the date Release is sent.
6. LICENSE: As a condition of entry, Contestants hereby grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty free license to use, modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any and all media throughout the world and for whatever purpose Sponsor deems. If Contestant is a Selected Contestant (i.e., Grand Prize Winner, Honorable Mention, or Runner-up), instead of the license described above, Contest grants to Sponsor an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, and royalty free license to Sponsor to use, modify, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, distribute, perform, and display the Submission in any and all media throughout the world and for whatever purpose Sponsor deems. Should any Contestant be unwilling or otherwise unable to enter into this license, or provide permissions and or releases, or otherwise cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, Contestant with the next highest score will be chosen from the remaining entries until one who is able to meet all requirements can be selected. Potential prize winner must provide Sponsor with all signatures on required paperwork and return all documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules in order to be eligible to receive the prize. Contestants may not sell, assign or transfer any of their rights in their Submissions under these Official Rules.
CONTESTANTS WILL NOT BE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
While Sponsor will seek to post the Submission in the form as provided at the time of entry, all Contestants agree that due to technical limitations and internal standards, Submissions may be altered from their original form and that Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including adding its logo or other trademarks. Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select an image to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
One (1) Grand Prize: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
- You submission turned into an in-game emote
- Boogie Bomb Model (ARV $150)
- 10,000 V-Bucks (ARV $100)
Four (4) Secondary Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
- Boogie Bomb Model (ARV $150)
- 10,000 V-Bucks (ARV $100)
Five (5) Tertiary Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
10,000 V-Bucks (ARV $100)
Twenty (20) Quaternary Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
6,000 V-Bucks (ARV $60)
Forty (40) Quinary Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
2,500 V-Bucks (ARV $25)
Thirty (30) Senary Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, prize includes:
- 1,000 V-Bucks (ARV $10)
8. CONDITIONS: Contest is subject to these Official Rules. By participating, Contestants agree: (i) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (ii) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Selected Contestant agrees to release Sponsor from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Sponsor shall not be liable for: (i) telephone system, telephone, or computer hardware, software, or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of a prize, or from participation in the Contest; or (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, should it receive fewer than 40 entries or receive no entries that have a judged score above 60 points, or due to circumstances beyond its control, including natural disasters. Submissions will not be returned and may be destroyed, but are still subject to the license contained herein by Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit an Entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such Entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, undermine, or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. The internal laws of the State of North Carolina will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest.
Sponsor is not responsible and shall not be held liable, and your entry may be disqualified and may not be considered for any Prize, should your Submission be removed from any third-party photo hosting site for any reason (including without limitation DMCA take-down).
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention, or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or via a bot script, device, or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys’ fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
9. PUBLICITY: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, likeness, and/or hometown name of any Contestant, including his/her photo, for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, but only in connection with publicizing the Contest, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
10. WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL: Except as prohibited by applicable law and as a condition of participating in this Contest, each Contestant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives any right s/he may have to a trial by jury in respect of any litigation directly or indirectly arising out of, under or in connection with this contest, any document or agreement entered into in connection herewith, any prize available in connection herewith, and any of the transactions contemplated hereby or thereby.
12. OFFICIAL RULES and WINNERS LIST: The winners list can be obtained through the mail by sending the request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: #boogiedown - Winners List, Epic Games, Inc., 620 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518. Requests must be received no more than 90 days after the end of Contest.
© 2018 Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.