So you’ve made it into the Fortnite Online Test 2, the second phase of our Alpha. Congratulations and welcome to the party! We’re so glad you are here. We’ve put together a list of all the things you’ll need to know to get started below. If you see something missing, leave a comment!
Hours of operation:
- OT2 begins March 24 and ends on April 14.
- Hours are 12 p.m.-12 a.m. EST every day.
Downloading the game:
- Refer to your Alpha email and follow the link and instructions to activate your account. This should be followed by an email with a link to download the game.
- You can also access the download link via the account tab on Fortnite.com. If you have any trouble with this process please email email@example.com.
Once you’re in the game:
- You will be taken through some quick tutorials that will introduce you to your homebase, creating your first hero and learning the basics of gameplay. After that you are able to go online and start joining games, or even make your own.
Joining a match and adding friends:
- To add a friend you’ll need their game ID or email address to search for them in the friends menu.
- To join a friend’s match, select their name and left click to join or send them an invite to your game.
- If you want to look for a public game first, check out the global chat window in the bottom left to see if anyone is looking for players to join them. Or you can just select "Join Public Match" which will add you to a match that is looking for heroes.
Getting involved and leaving feedback:
- Once you have an account, check out our private forums HERE to chat with others in OT2! This is a great place to discuss strategies, meet friends, or leave us feedback. Our community team and some of our developers will also be there to answer your questions.
- The best place to leave feedback is by using the feedback option in the game menu. This feedback will go straight to our developers to review. In addition, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org when you aren’t in the game to tell us your thoughts.
- If you’re having a technical issue with the game that requires action from our support team (can’t login, stuck, etc.) please email email@example.com.
Where to get news and updates:
- OT2 news and information will be here on our Fortnite Alpha blog as well as posted to our private forums and in the Fortnite launcher.
- In addition, we’ll be having weekly private streams. Links to the stream will be posted here so make sure to check back with us.
Remember, you won’t be able to play until March 24 but this information should get you all set up to begin playing first thing when OT2 goes live! We can’t wait to save the world with you.