Fortnite Creative - Creator Content Rules and Guidelines
Fortnite Creative aims to be a safe and welcoming environment for everyone, so content must follow rules to ensure this.
These Community Rules for Creators outline appropriate ways to create and share content for Creative Islands on Fortnite.
CONTENT RULES & GUIDELINES
- A Safe Environment - Don’t contribute to content involving or promoting illegal activities, including harassment, bullying, assault, doxing, swatting, gambling, illegal drugs, animal cruelty, fraud, hacking, and piracy. Content that condones or incites violence against others has no place here.
- Keep Personal Info To Yourself - To help avoid deceptive practices (phishing, buying/selling account information), do not disclose or request personal information through Island messaging.
- Intolerance and Discrimination - Fortnite welcomes diversity in race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, national origin, and other groups. Content should not demean, marginalize, use hateful language against, or belittle other users or groups.
- Love… Don’t Hate - Don’t create content that includes hateful symbols or depictions or content that glorifies or incites violence.
- Bullying and Harassment - Respect others that participate in your creation. Interacting with others in a way that is predatory, threatening, intimidating, lewd, demeaning, derogatory, invasive of privacy, or abusive is against the rules.
- Give Credit Where It’s Due - Don’t impersonate other users, streamers, celebrities, government officials, Epic employees, or anyone else. And don’t take credit for another user’s creation. Pretending to be someone else in order to deceive or defraud others is not okay.
- Play By The Rules - Do not create Islands that promote the use of known cheats, exploits, glitched items, server crashes, and bugs. Do not use your island as a way to scam other players, including dishonest practices, such as exploiting the Support-A-Creator program or featuring clickbait advertisements.
- Appropriate Language Only - Don’t name your island or include on your island obscene text or symbols, nor spelling variations or visual depictions of text aimed at evading these rules.
- All Bets Are Off - Don’t implement gambling, raffles, or casino style games that involve real money or V-Bucks.
- Not for Sale - Don’t sell, trade, or give away in-game items or game codes outside of channels approved by Epic.
- No Contest Zone - Don’t create promotions offering prizes.
- Keep It On The Island - Do not include offsite web links anywhere on your Island. Note: Promotion of social media handles/channels on the following platforms is fine provided they are not accompanied by a URL.
- Keep It Fortnite: When promoting your experience inside Fortnite, the assets (such as thumbnail images or videos) you use to represent your Fortnite experience must look and feel like Fortnite: you must not mislead players as to the sort of experience they will receive. You may not incorporate photographs.
- Stay Within Spec Guidelines - Make sure the Islands you’re creating do not cause server issues -- intentionally or not. Framerates should stay above 30 FPS. Use your best judgment!
- Align with the Game Rating - Fortnite is a teen-rated title (ESRB Teen 13+, PEGI 12+). Do not create content that isn’t appropriate for a teen audience. For example, content “made for kids” or “adult content” (no nursery rhymes, no pole dancing).
If Epic is made aware that Island Creator Rules are being violated, Epic will take action on a case-by-case basis. We’ll look at a variety of factors, including the severity of the issue, whether you’re a repeat offender, the impact on other players and other factors. Action taken can be anything from a warning, or ineligibility for appearing in Discovery or to be featured, all the way up to a permanent account ban.
If your account is permanently banned, you may lose all rights to Epic games, virtual items, account balances, or other items that you may have earned or purchased. If you have multiple accounts, we may take action against all of your accounts.
We are all a part of this community, and it is up to us to keep it friendly, fun, and free of negativity.
If you meet someone you don’t like but aren’t violating the Community Rules, you can block the person.