Fortnite Creative v16.40 Update - Race Manager Device Arrives in Fortnite Creative
Rev up your creative engines. The v16.40 update Fortnite Creative update enhances your ability to make racing games with the new Race Manager device!
In our v16.20 update we introduced Joyride vehicles and the Race Checkpoint device. This week’s addition of the Race Manager device puts you in pole position to make even more advanced racing modes!
Creators can now track and display the number of completed laps, race times, and your best time! The Race Manager also opens up a highway of possibilities for new game types: Time Trials and multiplayer circuit-style tournaments are just some of the game types you can create.
New Summer Features & Vehicles
All new summer themed content is coming your way, Creators. Jump into the game and check out the fully playable Boats, Fishing Zone, and an all new item; the Surfboard! Create boat races, a fishing competition or hang 10 as you create a surfboard trick course. Get that beach party started early as we head into the Summer months!
If you’re planning on creating with the new content, Be sure to check out the Summer Creator Callout for a chance to be featured in our to-be-announced Summer event!
- Fixed an issue where players were not able to rapidly edit with a blueprint out.
- We have made a material adjustment to all Grid Islands to improve the visual clarity of grid lines and surface area. The new flat material has less noise compared to the older concrete material and projects less light reflections.
- Removed the older Flat Grid Hub, Floating Island Hub and Grassy Hill Hub from the Island Create Menu since we have shifted to a new hub and portal layout.
- Fixed an issue where "Details" and "Back" buttons overlapped in the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the Recent Islands list did not update.
Prefab & Gallery Fixes
- Fixed an issue with some floors in the Coral Castle Center Prefab not loading the material correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the full roof assets from Coral Castle Prefabs & Gallery would not display a health bar when damaged or take damage from weapons.
- Fixed an issue with the snow piles from the Ice House Prefabs & Gallery showing a one-sided texture.
Device and Item Fixes
- Fixed an issue where the Health Powerup device did not fully drop to the floor when enlarged.
- Fixed an issue where the Baller’s Grappler pulled vehicles towards the Baller instead of the other way round.