Fortnite Spray Contest Official Rules
The Fortnite Spray Contest (the “Contest”) is subject to these Fortnite Spray Contest Official Rules (“Official Rules”), which are binding and final on matters relating to the Contest, except as expressly stated otherwise. No purchase necessary to enter or win. The Contest is sponsored by Epic Games, Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Twitter or Instagram.
Online submissions only. Entrants (as defined below) can enter the Contest by uploading an original design inspired by Fortnite’s Ghost or Shadow factions to such Entrants’ own Twitter or Instagram account, with the hashtag #FortniteSprayContest, and make it publicly visible and searchable, during the Contest Period (as defined below) (“Submission”).
All Submissions must be original and must consist of color drawings, 3D models, sculptures, cosplays, or anything visual. Submissions must be submitted in .jpeg or .png format. Submissions must also have #FortniteSprayContest in the title. See Submission Guidelines for additional requirements.
Employees of Sponsor, its affiliates, Contest supervisors and members of their immediate families, are not eligible to participate or win.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited.
4. Prizes: If eligible under these Official Rules, one (1) Entrant will have his or her Submission turned into an in-game spray (the “Winning Entrant”).
Contest prize has no approximate retail value. No substitution, transfer, or cash redemption of prize, or cash for any portion of prize not used, provided however that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason. If Winning Entrant does not want a portion of the prize, that portion is forfeited. All additional costs, including taxes, are the sole responsibility of Winning Entrant.
5. Submission Guidelines:
- Submissions must be submitted according to the How to Enter section and directly accessible by Sponsor.
- Submissions must include original content only.
- Submissions should not require any additional software to run.
- Submissions may not contain personal attacks on anyone or any discernible product, including competitor products.
- Submissions may not depict nudity, animal cruelty, any illegal activity or substance, or any other offensive or obscene subject matter as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Submissions shall not portray Sponsor in a negative light.
- Submissions must be appropriate for a broad audience.
- Submissions may not feature any trademarks (including logos) other than those owned by Sponsor.
- Submissions must be original pieces, achieved/created by the person who submits the entry. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize Submissions from any source, nor may Submissions include third-party copyrighted material or artwork without the copyright holder’s permission. By entering, Entrants warrant that their Submissions do not infringe any third party’s rights, and that they have obtained any necessary permissions from all relevant third parties to submit their Submissions. Each Entrant hereby agrees to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims from any third party for any use by Sponsor of such Entrant’s Submission.
- Although Sponsor is not reviewing Submissions for copyright violations, if, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, it is believed an Entrant’s Submission constitutes or may constitute copyright infringement, such Submission will be disqualified.
- Sponsor may require verification of Submissions through a procedure solely determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion.
- Sponsor reserves the right to exclude any Submission that it believes, in its sole discretion, doesn't meet this criteria or otherwise violates these Official Rules, and to delete or otherwise remove any such Submission from any and all location(s) under Sponsor’s control.
6. Winner Selection and Notification: All Submissions will be prescreened to ensure compliance with the Submission Guidelines and with Sponsor’s general standards and practices prior to any judging (“Qualified Submissions”).
All Qualified Submissions will be reviewed and scored by a panel of qualified judges. At the end of the Contest Period, the highest scoring Qualified Submission received during the Contest Period will be deemed the potential Winning Entrant.
The potential Winning Entrant will be notified of his/her status as a potential Winning Entrant via the platform that was used to submit the Qualified Submission within seventy-two (72) hours from the end of the Contest Period, or such other time as reasonably required by Sponsor for such notification. Upon formal notification from Sponsor, the potential Winning Entrant shall have seventy-two (72) hours from the date such notice was emailed to respond and provide any information or materials requested by Sponsor, including a Prize Acceptance and Release Form (“Release”). Such response from the potential Winning Entrant must be delivered via the platform from which Sponsor’s notification was sent or, at Sponsor’s sole option, another platform or email address specified in the notification.
The date of receipt by Sponsor shall be decisive for the potential Winning Entrant’s compliance with the deadlines set forth in this section. The failure by the potential Winning Entrant to timely respond to any notification or request for materials or information may result in disqualification. In such case, Sponsor may select an alternate potential Winning Entrant from among the remaining Qualified Submissions received during the Contest Period.
Unless restricted by applicable law, the potential Winning Entrant will be required to complete and return the Release in accordance with the deadlines set forth in this section. An alternate potential Winning Entrant may be selected from among the remaining Qualified Submissions received during the Contest Period if the potential Winning Entrant: (i) cannot be reached; (ii) fails to obtain all signatures on the Release and to return the documents in a timely manner as required pursuant to these Official Rules; or (iii) cannot or will not accept or receive the prize for any reason.
The potential Winning Entrant will only be deemed a Winning Entrant once the verification process has been completed by Sponsor pursuant to these Official Rules.
The potential Winning Entrant may also be required to provide certain payment information to Sponsor, including any required tax information forms, in order to receive the prize. Sponsor may withhold payment of the prize if the potential Winning Entrant fails to provide the applicable payment forms to Sponsor in a timely manner.
ENTRANTS WILL NOT BE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THEIR SUBMISSIONS or for granting Sponsor any of these rights.
While Sponsor will seek to post the Submission in the form as provided at the time of entry, all Entrants agree that due to technical limitations and internal standards, Submissions may be altered from their original form and that Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Submission in its sole discretion, including adding its logo or other trademarks. Sponsor may post Submissions in any order or sequence, with or without commentary, and may select an image to serve as a thumbnail in its sole discretion.
9. Publicity: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, likeness, and/or account ID of any Entrant, for publicity purposes prior to, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, throughout the world, in perpetuity, but only in connection with publicizing the Contest, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law.
At any time before, during or after the Contest Period, Sponsor may, in its discretion, choose to post or distribute one or more Submissions, the creator’s name and profile information online (including Facebook pages, Twitter feeds, YouTube channels, and third-party websites) for promotional and entertainment purposes only. Posting of this/these Submission(s) will not mean that said Submissions are eligible to win or are a Winning Entrant. Entrant understands that users of these sites may share, comment on (including negatively), and re-post their Submissions. Any requests by Entrants to have a Submission removed from consideration will be accommodated to the extent practically possible. Sponsor is not responsible for third party re-posting of Submissions.
10. General Conditions: By participating, Entrants agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules. Any portion of the Contest may be canceled, suspended and/or modified, in whole or in part, if in our opinion any fraud, technical failure or other factor beyond our control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Entrants may not enter with multiple identities or use any automated system, bot or other device or artifice to enter or obtain more than the maximum number of qualified entries. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
Sponsor may withhold tax payments (if any) on Winning Entrant’s behalf in its reasonable discretion, using the applicable backup withholding rates, or if required by law or treaty. However, Winning Entrant is ultimately responsible for any taxes due in connection with any awarded prize Winning Entrant receives from Sponsor pursuant to his or her participation in the Contest. To the extent applicable, Winning Entrant must provide Sponsor with (a) his or her banking information, as requested by Sponsor, and (b) a completed W-9, W-8BEN, or W-8BENE tax form, including if necessary Winning Entrant’s U.S. or foreign Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), as appropriate based on his or her circumstances. Sponsor will not be responsible for any failure to award any prizes in connection with the Contest arising from incomplete, incorrect, or out of date payment or tax information. Winning Entrant should please consult his or her tax advisor if Winning Entrant has questions on the taxability to him or her in connection with the Contest.
Any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, earthquake, explosion, pandemic, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, or any federal, state or local government law, order, or regulation, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then subject to any governmental approval which may be required, Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any provision in these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.12. Disputes: Disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest will be governed by the internal laws of the State of North Carolina. Decisions of Sponsor are binding and final. No claimant in any dispute involving Sponsor shall be entitled to claim or obtain indirect, punitive, incidental or consequential damages.
13. Winning Entrant List: The Winning Entrant list can be obtained through the mail by sending the request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Fortnite Spray Contest-Winning Entrant List, Epic Games, Inc., 620 Crossroads Blvd, Cary, NC 27518. Requests must be received no more than ninety (90) days after the end of Contest.
© 2020, Epic Games, Inc. All rights reserved.