Join the Battle and Play in the #FreeFortnite Cup on August 23
These are the final days of the entire Fortnite community’s ability to play together. Apple has blocked Fortnite from the App Store, preventing players from updating to new versions. Players on iOS devices will be left behind on Chapter 2 - Season 3 while everyone else jumps into the Chapter 2 - Season 4 launch on August 27.
Celebrate the quest for one more Victory Royale with friends across all platforms in the #FreeFortnite Cup this Sunday, August 23. Drop in for an opportunity to win more prizes than ever before including the new Tart Tycoon Outfit, gaming hardware, and exclusive apparel.
If you’re left behind on iOS after the Chapter 2 - Season 4 launch, the party continues on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac, GeForce Now, and through both the Epic Games App at epicgames.com and the Samsung Galaxy Store. Join the fight against @AppStore on social with #FreeFortnite.
All of your friends. Awesome prizes. And one bad apple. We’re droppin the #FreeFortnite Cup.
Navigate to the in-game Compete tab to see when the event starts for your region and during the scheduled time, you can drop in to the tournament by selecting the #FreeFortnite Cup Playlist. For four hours, eligible players have the opportunity to win prizes in the #FreeFortnite Cup. Compete as a Solo player in up to 12 matches. Scoring is as follows:
- Active Time - 1 point for every 3 minutes on the BR island.
- Eliminations - 1 point per Elim
- Victory Royale - 10 points for each Victory Royale
App-ealing Outfit, Swag, and Hardware!
Participating in the #FreeFortnite Cup on Sunday, August 23 gives you an opportunity to win a ton of sweet prizes. Here’s the rundown...
Players across all regions that score 10 points will receive the delicious Tart Tycoon Outfit*
Top scoring players across regions (20,000 globally) will receive this #FreeFortnite adjustable hat. It’s an IRL physical hat we’ll ship to your home!
Additionally, we’re giving away 1,200 pieces of gaming hardware (phones, consoles, and PC’s). Just because you can’t play on iOS doesn’t mean there aren’t other awesome places to play Fortnite. Be one of the top 1,200 apple-eaters globally to win one of these prizes!**
- Alienware Gaming Laptop®
- Razer® Gaming Laptop
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S7®
- OnePlus 8 - 90FPS on a phone
- PlayStation 4 Pro®
- Xbox One X®
- Nintendo Switch®
For full details on eligibility and ways to win read our #FreeFortnite Cup rules.
*Tart Tycoon outfit will be awarded to winners’ Epic accounts after the #FreeFortnite Cup. See official rules for details.
**#FreeFortnite Cup is not sponsored, endorsed, or administered by Dell, Samsung, OnePlus, Sony, Microsoft, Razer, or Nintendo. Alienware, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7, OnePlus 8, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox One X, Razer Gaming Laptop, and Nintendo Switch are the registered marks of Dell, Samsung, OnePlus, Sony, Microsoft, Razer, and Nintendo, respectively, all rights reserved.
Steps to Stay Connected
Do you only play Fortnite on mobile and are worried about not being able to play Chapter 2 - Season 4? Here’s a couple things you can do:
- Login to epicgames.com and make sure your account details are up to date in case you need to migrate platforms. All your game data, purchased items, and friends are stored in your Epic account and can be accessed from any device that can play Fortnite.
- iOS players should check this list of alternative Fortnite-compatible devices, you may already have access to another way to play Fortnite. If so, simply install the game and login with your Epic account to get up and running.
- Android players, you can still play Fortnite on your device! Please visit this link on your Android phone to learn how. It’s easy and only takes a few minutes.
- Frustrated because you're blocked on iOS? Make your voice heard by messaging @AppStore on social with #FreeFortnite.
To ALL of our Fortnite players: thank you for your support and for blazing the trail with us on cross-play across console, Mobile, PC and Mac. We look forward to the day when everyone can squad up with all their friends again. Good luck in the #FreeFortnite Cup!