Galactus Arrives in Fortnite! Join the fight on December 1
Update (November 30, 2020)
Read our updated details for Content Creators below!
Uhhh… is that the Devourer of Worlds on the horizon? That’s not good!
It was only a matter of time. Galactus is closing in on the Island and the fate of all Reality lies in the balance. Join the ultimate fight against Galactus in the one-time only Nexus War finale event on Tuesday, December 1 at 4 PM ET.
With everything in the balance, this is an event you don’t want to miss. To prepare for Galactus, we recommend taking the following steps:
Download the Latest Update
If you haven’t already downloaded the 14.60 update, load the game on your preferred device and download today.
Fortnite’s new integration with Houseparty means you can have live video chat in Fortnite (PC, PS4/PS5) while attending the event.
Get in Early
We’ve taken measures to ensure more people can attend the event, but we still recommend everyone log into Fortnite at least 60 minutes prior to the event start. The event playlist is expected to go live 30 minutes prior to the start time.
Attention Content Creators
Here are some helpful tips for content creators to have the best possible experience.
- Review the Fortnite Content Guidelines.
- Partnering with Lickd, Content Creators in the Support-A-Creator (SAC) program will be able to host VOD content from the Galactus event on YouTube and be able to monetize on those videos. Monetization on the videos will be active for 90 days. Following the 90 days, Creators should not receive takedown notifications, but their videos will be demonetized.
- In order to monetize the Galactus event, SAC members need to link their YouTube and Support-A-Creator accounts. In order to do this, current SAC members will need to contact Player Support.
- IMPORTANT: When uploading your Galactus event content to YouTube, be sure to upload it as Unlisted or Public. If you upload the video as Private, it is possible you could receive a monetization claim on your video.
- For content on other platforms, refer to your channel’s platform policies for tips on how to avoid copyright strikes.
- Not in SAC? Don’t worry, you can still share your highlights from the Galactus event, however you will not be able to monetize that content on Youtube.
- Replays will not be available at the conclusion of the event. To share your experience with other players, capture the event locally or via streaming.