Hosting A Private Match
Please note: We are rolling out this feature for a limited time to a select group of Creators as we test its functionality at scale.
How to launch a game:
- Select the desired game mode, and ensure you are on the same server region (in the settings) as your participants
- Click on the custom match button located at the bottom right on the select game mode screen
- Enter the password you want to use, and click Accept. See password rules at the bottom of this guide
- Press "Play" and wait for other players to join using the same password
- You start the game manually at any time by hitting the start match button
- Make sure you are on the same region as the host
- Click on the game mode button
- Go down to custom matchmaking and insert the password
- Note: it is case sensitive
- Click play
- Wait for the match to start
A Few Recommendations:
- Players should all be ready to join the match with the password as soon as the password is given to them. If they try to join after the match has started, it will not work and they will receive an error message.
- Make sure that players select the correct server region and playlist in the game settings; otherwise players with the wrong server region or mode selected will be unable to join and will receive an error message.
- Make sure the password is not too long, otherwise the game will refuse to create a private match (you will receive an error message). Minimum character limit is 4 and maximum is 16. Do not use special characters.
- If you are streaming, please hide your passwords, or else unwanted guests could potentially join the games.
- If there are more than 100 players entering the key at once: the game will randomly select 100 players who typed in the key (this is completely random and not based on when the password was entered).