Save the World | Homebase Status Report 7.21.2020
This week it’s time to deep dive into the new Ventures feature. Hold on to your schematics… we’ve got a lot to cover!
Homebase Status Report… Initiate!
Venture to the Next Level, Commander!
Available on July 27 at 8pm ET, Ventures is Save the World’s new reset feature in which Commanders can re-experience level and resource progression as they climb to the top of each new Ventures Season. Each season-long excursion takes place in a seasonal zone with new and unique modifiers to tackle.
The first seasonal Venture takes part in the new Blasted Badlands Venture Zone! when you enter this new location, your power level will change to your new Seasonal Venture Level, which is unique to this Zone. When entering this zone, you’ll also see the new Venture Leveling Bar displaying your current level progression and the reward to expect upon reaching your next level. Your Venture Level determines your Power Level and F.O.R.T Stats within the zone so there’s no need to worry about survivors or research! You can team up with other players to boost your F.O.R.T Stats even further.
Venture Zone Missions and Modifiers
Missions in the new Blasted Badlands Venture Zone unlock based on your Seasonal Venture Level and you’ll gradually move into higher-difficulty areas as you level up. Simply play and complete Missions, Mission Alerts, and Quests in the Venture Zone to earn Venture XP and increase your level! Each season will reset your Seasonal Venture level and introduce a new modifier. There are a total of five Venture Zones that will rotate in each year, with each one set in a different biome with its own unique modifier offering a gameplay twist.
Modifiers will change each Season and will put your loadouts to the test. The Blasted Badlands Venture Zone modifier is the dreaded Rage Meter. This modifier constantly drains your energy and can only be regenerated by damaging enemies with weapons. As a twist, Rage Meter drastically reduces your ability cooldowns and increases their damage. Charge up your energy and unleash your abilities!
Venture Items and Backpack
There is no weapon crafting in Ventures so it’s time to tune up your resourcing skills! Commanders will start with a set of starter weapons and have to rely on what's found in the world to battle the Husks. Aside from scavenging, there’s a new way to collect weapons in Ventures. Clip’s made some major field repairs and fixed up the Vending Machines! Vending machines can be found throughout the world and offer multiple high-rarity weapons that you can “purchase” for scavenged resources.
If you find yourself running low on durability; seek out the newly-added Repair Benches. Found in missions, these can be used to repair your weapons by using some of your scavenged materials. Fear not, your traps can still be crafted provided you have the necessary materials. Down tier trap crafting is key here!
Speaking of crafting; let’s cover your inventory! Much like your power level your backpack is separate from your main campaign backpack and will be reset each Ventures Season. This means that if you find a vending machine you won’t be able to use the resources from your main campaign inventory to purchase a weapon. We should also mention that items aren’t droppable in Ventures. It’s all up to you and your own progression to make it out in Venture-land. No trades allowed!
In addition to increasing your FORT stats in the Venture Zone, the first 50 Venture Levels will also grant rewards for your collection, including three new reward types:
- Weapon Vouchers - Research past Event weapons from the Collection Book!
- Gameplay Reperk - Change the Gameplay Perk on weapon schematics!
- Superchargers - Level your main campaign Schematics/Heroes/Survivors from 50 to 60.
Continue leveling past 50 each Season to unlock additional PERK-UP, Evolution Materials, and more!
More from the Blasted Badlands!
New “Impostor” Questline
Search the newly discovered Blasted Badlands for a true Hero! Train Dennis to become a warrior in the new Blasted Badlands Venture Zone to unlock Homebase’s own burger boss!
“Who ordered the Dennis?” - Dennis
- Standard Perk: Burger Buff
- Eliminations have a 8% chance to drop a Burger. Burgers grant 53 base health and 5 energy every 1 second for 3 seconds.
- Commander Perk: Burger Buff+
- Eliminations have a 15% chance to drop a Burger. Burgers grant 85 base health and 8 energy every 1 second for 3 seconds.
Available from the Imposter Questline available on July 27 at 8pm ET!
Birthday Brigade Penny
“Happy 3rd Birthday!” - Penny
- Standard Perk: One Hot Minute
- Decreases the Plasma Pulse Cooldown by 18%
- Commander Perk: One Hot Minute+
- Decreases the Plasma Pulse Cooldown by 42%
Available from the quest Sploding Husks on July 24 at 8pm ET!
Note: There will be no Birthday Llama for 2020. The Birthday Llama will return next year!
Cloaked Star Hits the Road!
On July 24 at 8PM ET, help Cloaked Star make his way to the Radio Station to broadcast his Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road with a new modifier to unlock Ankylo Kyle!
“Look at me! STOMP STOMP STOMP! I’m a dinosaur!” - Kyle
- Standard Perk: Saurian Grit!
- Kinetic Overload heals for 2.125% of your max health
- Commander Perk: Saurian Grit!+
- Kinetic Overload heals for 6.375% of your max health
Available from Cloaked Star’s Hit the Road available on July 24 at 8pm ET!
"I'll bet this bacon you can't spell Pachycephalosaurus" - Southie
- Standard Perk: Saurian Focus
- While shield is depleted, regenerates 4 Energy per second.
- Commander Perk: Saurian Focus+
- While shield is depleted, regenerates 12 Energy per second.
Available from Well-Traveled Hit the Road Quest on July 24 at 8pm ET!
“I have more backbone than a Spinosaurus” - Luna
- Standard Perk: Saurian Claws
- Adds 3% of current health to melee weapon damage
- Commander Perk: Saurian Claws+
- Adds 9% of current health to melee weapon damage
Available from the event store starting July 24 at 8pm ET
Get ready for some more Road hitting next week!
Quinn Hits the Road for part 2!
On July 31 at 8PM ET, Quinn makes her way back to the Radio Station to broadcast part 2 of her Song of the Summer. Load up the van and gather your group because it’s time to Hit the Road with a second modifier to unlock Whiteout Fiona!
“Break away from the pack” - Fiona
- Standard Perk: Anatomy Lessons
- Increases the Critical Rating of Swords, Axes, and Scythes by 15
- Commander Perk: Anatomy Lessons+
- Increases the Critical Rating of Swords, Axes, and Scythes by 45
Available from Hit the Road on July 31 at 8pm ET
“Suit up, dig down, dust off” - Jess
- Standard Perk: Strike Cost
- Increases Anti-Material Charge heavy attack efficiency by 28%
- Commander Perk: Strike Cost+
- Increases Anti-Material Charge heavy attack efficiency by 128%
Available from the event store starting July 31 at 8pm ET
We’ll see you in the Blasted Badlands, Commanders. Be safe out there!