Small Shield Potion Update
Prepare yourselves for a Battle Royale update incoming Dec. 19, 8am ET (13:00 GMT). We’re improving trap usability and introducing the Small Shield Potion for the survivor on the go.
Small Shield Potion
- Grants 25 Shield, to a maximum of 50.
- Drops in stacks of 3 with a stack limit of 10.
- Uncommon rarity.
- Can be found in floor loot, treasure chests, and supply drops.
- Consumed in 2 seconds.
- Cannot be consumed while moving.
Trap Usability Update
- The Spike Trap, Wall Zapper, and Ceiling Zapper have been combined into a single “Damage Trap.”
- When this trap is in placement mode, it will automatically swap between floors, walls, and ceilings.
- The Launch Pad, Vertical Jump Pad, and Horizontal Jump Pad has been combined to just “Launch Pad.”
- The Launch Pad can still only be placed on floors.
- You can now switch between traps using the same key binding as “Change Building Material.”
- The radial menu to select different traps has been removed.
Our plan is to revisit a few of the traps going away in this update. There is a chance some of these traps may return at some point in a different state. There will be no downtime, and no update required. Keep an eye on our official Twitter for immediate updates. See you in game!
Experiencing issues updating, logging in or crashing in Fortnite? Reach out to player support here.