Celebrate #Fortnite1st with friends. Find birthday cake throughout the world and earn special cosmetics by completing challenges and quests in-game.
Playground is back and better than before. Challenge your friends to a duel and build incredible structures on your own private island. Wield the new Legendary weapon in Battle Royale, the Compact SMG.
The Save the World storyline continues in the Canny Valley campaign. Get in-game and complete the Fortnite Birthday questline to unlock a special birthday reward!
We’ve got a birthday party planned for #Fortnite1st and you’re invited! Eat cake, party and bring your friends. Each Birthday Challenge you complete unlocks a slice of the birthday cosmetic set.
Playground LTM (Battle Royale)
Playground mode is back on Wednesday, July 25! New team select options let you and your squad set up team battles for practice and training.
Race! Create and share your screenshots and cinematics on social.
Compact SMG (Battle Royale)
Unwrap the newest weapon in Battle Royale. Engage in close quarters combat with the high capacity, fast firing Compact SMG.
Canny Valley (Save the World)
Adventure into the desert of Canny Valley and explore Thunder Route 99... Immerse yourself in the story, uncover its secrets, and explore the new Arid Biome with your friends.
Save the World Celebration
Celebrate #Fortnite1st with cake, loot, and a special in-game questline. Complete the questline to unlock Birthday Brigade Ramirez. While you’re partying, find and eat birthday cakes to earn event tickets which can be spent on the limited time Birthday Llama.
- New default keybindings for new players.
- All keyboard layouts will continue to default to the QWERTY bindings for new players or those who reset their back to default.
- Changed countdown timers to display more useful information
- Shows hours left instead of days when under 72 hours.
- Shows hours:minutes: seconds left when below 13 hours.
- Changed the background of the loading screen bullet points area to be partially translucent.
- Removed the “static noise” when switching tabs.
- The “Restore” button has been removed from the settings screen. Also, the “Reset Defaults” button has been renamed to “Reset”.
- Leaving the settings screen before applying changes will give the option to apply changes and exit or discard changes and exit.
- Double clicks now register as two clicks on a button, allowing for faster navigation through Next/Previous type buttons
- Items on the ground will properly have their stack counts updated if the stack size changes while the player is currently looking at them.
- Fixed a frame delay on some text layouts, which would cause large blocks of text to reflow their wrapping one frame after seeing them.
- Corrected text shadows that were appearing incorrectly in certain areas of the UI.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here