- Changed "Return To Lobby" to "Leave Match".
- Adjusted the “damage” color when taking shield damage back to an increased-contrast version of the original.
- The intent is increased readability of current shield value immediately after taking damage, but red was causing players to believe they were taking more damage than they were.
- Party Leaders who left their party’s current match could start a new match and take the entire party with them.
- Focus no longer changes when watching a server replay during the bus phase.
- Watching live games will no longer change players when joining the Battle Bus.
We've noticed iOS patches have experienced delays appearing in the App Store recently. Apple has stated that any application can take up to 24 hours to appear in the App Store. If no update is available, be sure to check our social channels for more info.
- Removed the HUD when respawning.
- We’ve made improvements to the UI by adding an exit button to the following:
- Squad Formation in the lobby
- Playground Match Options
- Events screen
- Removed vibration toggle settings for devices that do not support vibration.
- Players ammo count now correctly displays in all languages.
- The Mini Map has been adjusted to fit correctly in large team LTM’s.
- Bluetooth headset sound quality has been improved.
- The interaction loading bar no longer progresses counter-clockwise.
- Start Game widget in Creative no longer overlaps with the inventory hot bar.
- Phase Mode Button now correctly displays in Creative.
- FPS counter not being fully displayed on curved screens.
- Emote audio now plays for the full duration on the Nintendo Switch.
- Scoped weapon fixes:
- ADS perspective could remain on-screen when switching weapons.
- Player's view could be inverted when aiming.
- Added Grind Power Up Device:
- Allows players to slide on any surface and applies spark effects to the player’s feet.
- Effect Duration: 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 5 minutes, Infinite (Default: 3 seconds)
- Disables Effect on Pickup: On, Off (Default: Off). If On, if the player has the Grind effect active on them, collecting this power up will cancel it immediately.
- Pickup Radius: On touch, .25, .5, .75, 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5 (Default: On touch)
- Time to Respawn: Never, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 15 seconds, 20 seconds, 25 seconds, 30 seconds, 45 seconds, 1 minute, 1.5 minutes, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes (Default: 15 seconds)
- Added Color Changing Tiles Device
- Prop floor tile that will change to the team color of the player who touches it.
- Starting Team: Neutral, 1-16 (Default: Neutral)
- Time Until Reverting: Determines how long the tile will wait before beginning to revert to its original color.
- Never, 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 40 seconds, 50 seconds, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes, 6 minutes, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour (Default 1 second).
- Score: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60, 100, 500, 1000, 2000, 5000
- Steal Score: Yes, No
- Added additional options to the Explosive Device.
- Time to Detonation from Game Off, Start: 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 6 minutes, 7 minutes, 8 minutes, 9 minutes, 12 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes (Default: Off)
- Proximity Delay: When proximity detonation is triggered, wait a set amount of seconds before exploding.
- Options: Off, 1 second, 2 seconds, 3 seconds, 4 seconds, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 20 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute (Default: Off)
- Added additional options to the Capture Device
- Player Capture: Allows players to score points by remaining inside the capture area.
- On, Off (Default: Off)
- Each Player - Each player in the capture area earns points toward their team’s score.
- One Player Per Team - Only one player from a team inside the capture area earns points toward their team’s score, regardless of how many other players from that team are in the area with them.
- Player Capture Time: A player will earn points for their team each time they remain in the capture area for this length of time.
- 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10 minutes (Default: 1 second)
- Added additional options to the Pinball Bumper
- Added additional options to the Collectables Gallery
- Added new object options: Amber Pyramid, Blue Pyramid, Cylinder, Shoe, Basketball.
- Coin Object: Allows you to change the type of object to be collected without having to delete and replace the object.
- Ambient Audio: On, Off. (Default: On)
- Consumption Rule:
- Self - when the coin is collected, it disappears for the collecting player, but remains for everyone else. (Default)
- Team - when the coin is collected, it disappears for everyone in the collecting player’s team but remains for players from other teams.
- Everyone - when the coin is collected, it disappears for all other players.
- Added additional options to the Objectives Gallery
- Added 3 additional Objective objects: Cylinder, Box, Sphere
- Visible During Games: On, Off (Default: On)
- Added additional options to the Item Spawner
- Run Over Pickup: Determines whether the item can be picked up by running or driving over it rather than using the interaction key.
- Item Visibility: Adjusts the size and height of the item’s projected image to make it more easily visible, especially from a distance.
- 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x, 5x (Default: 1x)
- Added additional options to the Creature Manager:
- Damage to Environment: None
- Score: None
- Barrier Devices display correctly if a player is standing by them before a game starts.
- Pinball Flipper knockback effect now activates after the first bump.
- Resources can now be capped in the Team Settings & Inventory Device. The setting is called “Maximum Building Resources”.
- The “Very Low” gravity setting in the Team Settings & Inventory Device no longer requires a player to die before it is applied.
UI + Social
- Added options to the UI Settings menu for showing round winner screen and scoreboard screen during rounds based games.
- Added new screen to show the winner of a game.
- The main Battle Royale island’s map is now visible in Creative.
- Friend list panel will now display on iOS.
- Players will no longer be unable to open the main menu after opening social panel and scoreboard UI simultaneously.
- The button for Phase Mode will now appear on mobile.
- Server time is no longer displayed while playing a game.
- The “Start Game” widget no longer overlaps with the inventory bar on mobile.
- The score displayed at the end of a round now displays the summary of all rounds.
- We’ve added a new Hero to the Event store: Rex Jonesy stomps into battle!
- Standard Perk: Saurian Might
- Every 1 second, adds 3% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Commander Perk: Saurian Might+
- Every 1 second, adds 9% of Current Health to Damage of next Ranged Weapon hit.
- Available in the Event Store on May 22 at 8 PM Eastern Time
- Constructor’s B.A.S.E no longer applies its effects to destroyed building pieces.
- R.O.S.I.E will no longer detonate Proximity Mines when placed near them.
- Shockwave will no longer cost stamina and trigger the cooldown if the ability is interrupted.
- Decoy will no longer AOE damage allies when using the Your Move, Creep perk.
- The Phase Forward perk now correctly applies the full movespeed bonus.
- Bull Rush no longer targets ally players and NPCs.
- Shock Tower now targets enemies that are behind low walls.
- Shockwave no longer gets stuck in its animation.
- T.E.D.D.Y now has a proper cooldown when cast with less than 60 Energy.
- The In A Pinch perk no longer has persisting VFX after changing weapon mid-reload.
- The Hunter’s Instinct perk’s life leech properly applies to melee attacks rather than all attack types.
- Anti-Material Charge can no longer pass through T.E.D.D.Y.
- Phase Siphon no longer applies healing effects when phasing through allies.
- Phase Siphon now shows the correct healing value when used as a Commander perk.
- Blakebeard the Blackhearted’s cannon can no longer hit the Storm King multiple times.
- Outlander abilities are now properly granted cooldown reduction when used with 1 charge fragment.
Weapons + Items
- Cozy Campfire durability properly resets when reloaded from a previous Wargames / SSD mission.
- Trap Durability is now properly restored to its pre-mission value when failing a Wargames or Storm Shield Defense mission.
- Note: We’re working on a fix for resetting durability when a mission is successfully completed.
- Players will now be eliminated when falling off the world in Plankerton Storm Shield zone.
- Objects can now be spawned without a long delay.
- The Craft and Slot option now slots an item properly after crafting has been completed
- Mist Pod destruction audio now plays correctly in Wargames.
- Fixed an issue in settings where all sliders were half their normal width.
Wanting to track the top community issues? Head over to our Fortnite | Community Issues Trello board here.