Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many people quit and how many stayed?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just wondering who quit Fortnite and who stayed. Varients would be quiting and then coming back or staying and then quit recently. (im taliking about pve not BR).

Edit1- I posted this in this section because its a question
    Last edited by NokarStormBlade; 11-29-2017, 12:22 PM. Reason: Edit 1

Well, ive been with PvE since the early access launch in July my wife pre-ordered me the game for my birthday and got an edition we could get some free copies for friends and family as well as her.

She and I still play, but I will admit a lot less. Due to the fact im in Twine Peaks, and shes in Canny Valley and both don't have complete stories and the same old same old missions are starting to get a tad boring.

Also, is a bit upsetting to see so much progress being made on the PvP end but very little being made on the PvE towards providing us more gameplay.

I think its fine to have PvP just wish the developers at epic would respect the fact that millions of people bought the PvE before the PvP even existed, and they should feel some level of responsibility to provide those PvE players with content.

Instead, we currently have a 1/2 finished game. While PvP which was supposed to "not be in the foreseeable future" has gone from not existing to existing and having BR, Squads, a store etc,

It feels like the games development team has largely abandoned the PvE player base. When we're being handed a STS again as our winter patch? When it was largely unpopular. This in conjunction with the fact that the Halloween event and HB events were reprints of pre-existing events in the alpha.

This all said do i dislike fortnite "No". Do i think the game has potential? "Yes". Will i keep playing "yes, just nowhere as much as i did in July, August, September. or October. The games PvE had a great start, and a large popualtion, but due to lack of innovation its to the point some of my friends cant even do Plankerton without me logging on and helping them through it as there are "no active players most of the day.

Similarly, i can log into a radar tower in Twine Peaks on peek hours of gameplay 3-6pm CST and see noone join a radar tower in twine peaks which would be full in 2 seconds only 3 weeks ago.

In closing this is a "great" game, and has potential. However, they've put so much time into the PvP / saying they arnt putting any time into the PvP that the PvE is suffering from no new content, and lack of appeal to the player base that it drew in initially.

I love fortnite, it just doesn't feel like it loves me or any other PvE player back currently.

Comment

• NokarStormBlade commented
      Editing a comment
      I agree with pretty much all you said. Also the new mode is an STS mode? I havent played for a few days and heard about a new mode and was going to go check it out today. I loved STS and the Horde Bash (but didnt make much progress do to time retraints).

• SatNiteEduardo commented
      Editing a comment
      The current update is temporary. There will be another update before Christmas with a revised version of Survival.

been here since july too and couldn't have said it better than bell, really. just wanna add that the new weapon perks were probably the most off putting addition as of late. not to mention the possibility of no real Christmas event which isn't really confirmed, I don't think, but I've been saving vbucks and hero xp for my HOT Santa hat wearing waifu that I was sure would be added...

I play pve and pvp about an equal amount of time at this point (which isn't much) but it was more off and on during sts and horde bash. just hoping they finish the stories for canny and twine asap
    Last edited by ChimpBalls; 11-29-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

i started early. i really enjoy helping people. i LOVE this game. i finally after a long time managed to reach the 3rd leveling area the holy grail i had dreamed of getting to. no more plankerton. finally a new zone to look at i build my storm shield defenses up see the desert theme and im all stoked to play these levels.. and get totally destroyed. i mean mass murdered. i step back go collect tons of items and build it better. i defend it solo as i never get help the game never puts anyone to help me. i win by the skin of my teeth. and i go to the first mission. and its the same zone with a different name............... ok ok ok no big deal i'll just level up some different heros and work on xp grinding. and no one is seeking. i cant progress in the story if im the only one wanting to do 3 lvl 3 atlas missions. it seems every mission is a do 3 of these in a 46+ zone.but no one wants to do 3 bomb runs. so i go play with my wife who is level 20. cause there are people in those zones.

the variety of missions and the rewards are getting thinner the higher i get. i have TONS of cards i can do nothing with i break down everything i dont have 1 of. but as we have a limit i have to keep room. but i cant get the upgrades to the ones i need. i haven't seen a gold lama in 3 months. and two silvers last week gave me 1 item each just one. i hear were getting the ability to upgrade hero cards. great now to re get all of the ones i already put in my collection book. which is a higher level then i am......i cannot wait to upgrade my blue event heros to legendary . i hope traps soon follow. so i can finally get a legendary ceiling trap..... yea still only got a blue and i will finally upgrade my wall dart trap to legendary. its my favorite. i play this game everyday. to the point i have put off other games. i hate to say this

but i cant wait till PUBG comes out so they will finally come back to making the PVE part of the game amazing again. its sad the free to play part gets more attention then the the pay area. if nothing else fake it put me in some bots to help me in the PVE matches. or really really reward people for helpping people doing story missions. i enjoyed the last 3 pve events. i can't wait to see if there is a christmas one .

Comment

I've only been playing for a few weeks but i'm enjoying it for the most part. The problems i've got aren't really with the game more with other people and AFK'ers.

I haven't got very high yet, currently only around 30pl, but that's due to events going on and not getting round to the story.

Comment

Sometimes there are mission which is almost impossible to get ppl on. Bomb run or shelter one are good example. If someone join they just loot the map and quit. Question : does the loot stay with them or not when they quit in middle of game?

Comment

Originally posted by EscaflowneCZ View Post
            Sometimes there are mission which is almost impossible to get ppl on. Bomb run or shelter one are good example. If someone join they just loot the map and quit. Question : does the loot stay with them or not when they quit in middle of game?
            the farmed materials stay aka . wood and chests. but mission rewards do not. many times they jump in for the find X item. so they will run around usually as a outlander find the chests or atm safes and leave or go afk till the match ends.

Comment

yea im stuck atm in a dead spot. i have to do bomb runs or lvl 3 fight the storms in 46+ levels. no one does them. good thing for me the event started so now im on the hunt for new weapons!!!

Comment

• LtMouse commented
                Editing a comment
                Ask in global for help, people are always ready to offer a hand as some may have that exact same mission.

Originally posted by EscaflowneCZ View Post
              Yes, loot stays with you when you leave.

It's one of those things they can't change because we need to farm mats so they can't take loot away for leaving or people would join matches, farm and then afk or just keep farming until someone gives up and does the objective.

Most of us farm loot solo though so we don't irritate other people but others have no consideration.

Comment

• LtMouse commented
                Editing a comment
                Never come across anyone looting and leaving in bomb/shelter. That is a new one. Honestly though, hardly ever come across a true AFKer.

Originally posted by megafreakintron View Post
              yea im stuck atm in a dead spot. i have to do bomb runs or lvl 3 fight the storms in 46+ levels. no one does them. good thing for me the event started so now im on the hunt for new weapons!!!
              Ive managed to stay out of a dead spot by staying in plankerton (but I have slowed down). I just got 41pl today but ill have to move to canny some because now everything is green but ill stay for the event.

Comment

ive quit because they broke steam overlay and seem to refuse to fix it or even acknowledge it.

Comment

I play a bunch! If you guys are looking to find a group to play with join the Fortnite Discord and ask around in the save the world channels, also I’m mid canny myself, feel free to add me I’d love to help out with any mission types
                  The buck stops here.

Comment

i left when it became apparent they are only focusing on the PvP part of the game and leaving the PvE unfinished

Comment

Editing a comment
                      I thought about leaving but to be honest the limited time events where tempting and were a factor in keeping me playing. (not saying I only play for the limited time stuff it was just a factor)

After i see they focus on BR i have left the game. today i want to look at it again and see a Queue of 22 Min so i leave again.

Comment

I filled refund form today my patience has limts, I dont want anything to with this game anymore. I dont want to support this games anymore. More then 1 week without an update with current situation...

Comment

Editing a comment
                        I love Fortnite but I understand your frustration. I hope you find a good game to support.
                    Working...
                    X