X

Joining late

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joining late

Epic ya need to prevent people from joining when we finish the mission, it's really dumb for additional players to join when we alrdy kill 5 encampments and there's 30 secs left. If people want to carry friends sure, let that option be in private public there needs to be voting after a certain point for ppl to join in. Where is the vote kick system that u promised like years ago? If it takes months to implement a system that many of us have provided suggestions and solutions on maybe ya should consider replacing part of ur dumb *** dev team?

Vote Kick is the worst, over abused system. Pretty sure in one of Epics Dev vids, they stated they would not introduce a vote kick option. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

As for people joining late. OMG please let them. So many times I have been doing a mission and it is a really hard defend, someone joins with a minute or 2 left and saves the day. They get my eternal gratitude and rewards for saving the day.

I've joined quite a few missions like encampments/survivors/build the radars with less than 5 minutes left, with all objectives complete. I thank the people in the team and the usual reply is "you're welcome bud. Enjoy the freebies xD ". This suggests to me that most people don't mind some random joining last minute.

And finally...you have to abuse the Dev team that bring you so much enjoyment? Counter productive....
    Last edited by LtMouse; 12-01-2017, 02:37 AM.
    If only I'd pause to think before typing .....

Comment

Vote kick? No thanks. This has bee discussed in many posts and most agree this would be abused. If one goes off hunting chests instead of objectives: vote kick. If one is an un-welcomed class: vote kick. If one doesn't participate in storm chest: vote kick. If one doesn't reply: vote kick. You get the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by lolfacederp View Post
        Where is the vote kick system that u promised like years ago?
        Hopefully never coming. That's one of the most abused systems in gaming.

People get vote kicked from other games for having a name people don't like, using characters people don't like, using weapons people don't like or just to troll someone.

So, hopefully it never comes.

And why is it other peoples fault if they are put into a game that's nearly finished?

If it takes months to implement a system that many of us have provided suggestions and solutions on maybe ya should consider replacing part of ur dumb *** dev team?
        Well, at least you live up to your name.

Comment

Just say no to votekick, not a fan from other games i've played. My poor outlander class would never find a pub game to play in.

Comment

Originally posted by LtMouse View Post
            Vote Kick is the worst, over abused system. Pretty sure in one of Epics Dev vids, they stated they would not introduce a vote kick option. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

As for people joining late. OMG please let them. So many times I have been doing a mission and it is a really hard defend, someone joins with a minute or 2 left and saves the day. They get my eternal gratitude and rewards for saving the day.

I've joined quite a few missions like encampments/survivors/build the radars with less than 5 minutes left, with all objectives complete. I thank the people in the team and the usual reply is "you're welcome bud. Enjoy the freebies xD ". This suggests to me that most people don't mind some random joining last minute.

And finally...you have to abuse the Dev team that bring you so much enjoyment? Counter productive....
            If you start a mission, or "defense" rather without being prepared enough given you know how many people are in your party then you deserve to fail. This game doesn't have to be created so you complete every mission as a easy bon.er. This game is easy enough. I have yet to lose a mission aside from ssd because I can't defend it, it's mostly the solo troll encampment that makes you run from one end to another. Regardless, randoms shouldn't be able to join in public unless everyone agrees to do so when the mission is already completed. You can do whatever you want in private, but in public it's a whole other story. I haven't been too active with fortnite as content has been stale, nor do I know what the dev update on the vote kick system is, my point being if it takes this long to implement a system to counter leechers then there is a problem. It's better to do something than nothing, while vote kick can be abusive it's only worse if you are assuming there is going to be more trolls then leechers. A hash punishment, such as perma ban, could potentially resolve this problem. As for "you're welcome bud" while I don't refute that there are people that don't mind freeloaders and actually mean it, I'm pretty sure most people say that as sarc as they can't do anything, they can't make you leave.
            Last edited by lolfacederp; 12-01-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Joining late is one thing, and I think ok; joining once an objective is complete is another.

For encampments and survivals no one should be able to join once the base requirement is completed.

I think to a degree people shouldn't be joining once objectives have been started in other missions, like ride the lighting and protect the atlas missions. You start those manually and in essence you are saying you are ready, so no one else should be joining once they have been activated. Maybe allow people to join between activations when there are 2.

Comment

• lolfacederp commented
                Editing a comment
                That's wut I'm saying

Why is joining after its completed a issue? you're done why should you care?

Comment

• lolfacederp commented
                Editing a comment
                cuz screw leechers that's why

All this discussion of "Joining Late", like I have any control over what mission "Play With Others" puts me into...

Comment

• Icebolt123 commented
                Editing a comment
                True dat pal

Originally posted by CaseFace8 View Post
              Joining late is one thing, and I think ok; joining once an objective is complete is another.

For encampments and survivals no one should be able to join once the base requirement is completed.

I think to a degree people shouldn't be joining once objectives have been started in other missions, like ride the lighting and protect the atlas missions. You start those manually and in essence you are saying you are ready, so no one else should be joining once they have been activated. Maybe allow people to join between activations when there are 2.
              Well there is one problem there. You get people who instead of asking if you are ready to start the defend part on FTS or RTL, they just start it anyway, after having watched you building meaning you're low on building mats. Like I've so many times I've finished building/upgrading then run off to go restock only for 5 seconds later one of the other players to just START it without asking ANYONE. Like how can I repair walls if I have low mats since I was just building round the objective? That's the problem here. If no one is allowed to join after being activated in a FTS you can end up with a troll who rushes to find it, starts it up without building and then leaves or don't help out before you have a full squad.

Comment

• CaseFace8 commented
                Editing a comment
                My idea was just a suggestion. Generally once the objective is started, either you have planned on being understaffed and/or you have at least built a defense. It could be adjusted to not allow joining after the first day, or some other trigger that is not done by a player. Either way, hoping for someone to join halfway through a defense is not a good way to get a mission done.

And to your point, a troll will troll no matter what. So if they start the mission before people are ready, a person joining last second will most likely be of very little help.

• LtMouse commented
                Editing a comment
                This I've had happen a few times and is thoroughly frustrating. You run back like a chook with no head and hope you can defend without repairing. I do think a 'ready' system needs to be implemented so it cannot be started unless all team members agree. Like a window that pops up once someone goes to start it and you press nay or yay.

But this too could be abused by people going AFK or refusing to start just to troll. There is no simple solutions.

in what way are people who join late, leechers? lol. i just click on a mission sometimes and it loads me into one that's at 11 minutes already and 4/5 encampments. i help the team finish the rest of them and the bonus and then that's that.
              what kind of control do you think we have over epic's matchmaking system?

Comment

• CaseFace8 commented
                Editing a comment
                That is the point. That matchmaking shouldn't allow that to happen.

Originally posted by Icebolt123 View Post

Well there is one problem there. You get people who instead of asking if you are ready to start the defend part on FTS or RTL, they just start it anyway, after having watched you building meaning you're low on building mats. Like I've so many times I've finished building/upgrading then run off to go restock only for 5 seconds later one of the other players to just START it without asking ANYONE. Like how can I repair walls if I have low mats since I was just building round the objective? That's the problem here. If no one is allowed to join after being activated in a FTS you can end up with a troll who rushes to find it, starts it up without building and then leaves or don't help out before you have a full squad.
              Trolls are another whole topic to counter.

Comment

If you start a mission, or "defense" rather without being prepared enough given you know how many people are in your party then you deserve to fail. This game doesn't have to be created so you complete every mission as a easy bon.er. This game is easy enough. I have yet to lose a mission aside from ssd because I can't defend it, it's mostly the solo troll encampment that makes you run from one end to another. Regardless, randoms shouldn't be able to join in public unless everyone agrees to do so when the mission is already completed. You can do whatever you want in private, but in public it's a whole other story. I haven't been too active with fortnite as content has been stale, nor do I know what the dev update on the vote kick system is, my point being if it takes this long to implement a system to counter leechers then there is a problem. It's better to do something than nothing, while vote kick can be abusive it's only worse if you are assuming there is going to be more trolls then leechers. A hash punishment, such as perma ban, could potentially resolve this problem. As for "you're welcome bud" while I don't refute that there are people that don't mind freeloaders and actually mean it, I'm pretty sure most people say that as sarc as they can't do anything, they can't make you leave.
                FYI not all people are cranky individuals. Lots of nice people play Fortnite that really do appreciate a thank you. Maybe you should try it some time. Be nice and see the attitudes of those in team. Might find sarcasm is only in your mind :)

Since you state you are not a very active player, your attitude towards people seems a little shall we say....small. Considering I am a very active player, I see the nicest of people all the time. The average players doing their thing, the quiet player just getting everything done, the talkative players that amuse and rarely... RARELY a true AFKer or leecher.

People joining late didn't go into a mission to leech for stuff, they went into it to get that mission done. With so many complaining of how match making isn't giving us full groups to start missions, punishing people for wanting to do certain missions seems counter productive.

As missions rotate, you may only have a small window to get the mission you require, stopping people from joining late means you risk getting no one joining your mission at all or not being able to do the mission you need to progress. Making it so no one can join after you initiate the start of a defend is also not good. Sometimes you build all the defenses and have to start as you are running out of time. Those that join after that are extremely helpful. So no, this is not a good idea, not a well thought out idea and would make it more frustrating for all players while solving nothing.

Simple solution to your dilemma would be to play in friends only or private sessions so that no randoms can join.
                Last edited by LtMouse; 12-06-2017, 04:19 AM.
                If only I'd pause to think before typing .....

Comment

Originally posted by LtMouse View Post

FYI not all people are cranky individuals. Lots of nice people play Fortnite that really do appreciate a thank you. Maybe you should try it some time. Be nice and see the attitudes of those in team. Might find sarcasm is only in your mind :)

Since you state you are not a very active player, your attitude towards people seems a little shall we say....small. Considering I am a very active player, I see the nicest of people all the time. The average players doing their thing, the quiet player just getting everything done, the talkative players that amuse and rarely... RARELY a true AFKer or leecher.

People joining late didn't go into a mission to leech for stuff, they went into it to get that mission done. With so many complaining of how match making isn't giving us full groups to start missions, punishing people for wanting to do certain missions seems counter productive.

As missions rotate, you may only have a small window to get the mission you require, stopping people from joining late means you risk getting no one joining your mission at all or not being able to do the mission you need to progress. Making it so no one can join after you initiate the start of a defend is also not good. Sometimes you build all the defenses and have to start as you are running out of time. Those that join after that are extremely helpful. So no, this is not a good idea, not a well thought out idea and would make it more frustrating for all players while solving nothing.

Simple solution to your dilemma would be to play in friends only or private sessions so that no randoms can join.
                  I think you miss my point, this thread isn't about how nice the community is. There's no issue with joining late there is however when u join 10 mins late and fail to build tower or save survivor, etc when the quota is satisfied. In what way is it counter productive when the late player isn't doing anything? He brings no marginal benefit to the table being a leech or troll. Missions don't rotate that often, there isn't a race, there also isn't that many variety of missions you can pretty much find every single type of mission at any time. If your talking about reward wise, that really isn't am issue unless ur just starting out there's plenty of varieties.

Comment

If the issue is about leeches and trolls who don't contribute towards the objective in any fashion, why is the thread about joining later into a game? I just don't see the logic here.

Comment

Working...
                    X