Collapse
X

Fortnite patch 1.9.1 rundown [smoke grenades, leader boards, bush locations]

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite patch 1.9.1 rundown [smoke grenades, leader boards, bush locations]

Hello hello again my fellow multi-kill maniacs! Brand new video means a brand new patch is out in the game of Fortnite! Muahahaha!

Here is a full in-depth rundown of Patch 1.9.1 in the game of Fortnite... enjoy (:

=====================
    FORTNITE PATCH 1.9.1
    =====================

MAJOR CHANGE #1: SMOKE GRENADE

WHAT IS IT?

The smoke grenade is a non-lethal grenade that is thrown like a frag but obscures vision with a white smoke instead of splodin’ other players. This grenade can be found in all container types, and can spawn randomly as floor loot. This item is picked up in stacks of 5 as opposed to the frag grenade which comes in stacks of 3.

WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR THE GAME?

The smoke grenade allows for players to enter in or exit out of fights with relative ease. The thick white fog that explodes from the grenade obscures vision quite nicely and can be used to either make a ninja style escape or a rambo style killing spree.

I see this item being particularly useful when breaking into houses or man made bases filled with enemies. The item allows for new play styles to evolve into the game and makes a convenient way to blind enemy campers who often sit atop their bird nests all game.

---------------

MAJOR CHANGE #2: LEADER BOARDS

WHAT IS IT?

The new leader boards allow for players to see a global wins and track some of the world's best. The current leader boards only currently shows wins but may change in future patches.

This incentives players to have their accolades be shown to the world and highlights some amazingly skilled players. Unfortunately the leader boards do not go far enough and only show wins. I am hoping in future patches they allow KDA, Time Played, or Survival Time to be added into the leader boards as well. You can win a game with only one kill so wins allow isn't necessarily the best indicator for the best player.

Also during the course of the update of global wins you are no longer able to see how many wins you friends have when pulling up "friends only" in the leader board. I am pretty sure this was unintentional and will be fixed in a future patch.

---------------

MAJOR CHANGE #3: AMMO INCREASE (PER PLAYLIST LOOT)

WHAT IS IT?
    • Duo Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to14.
    • Squad Playlist: Medium Ammo stack increased from 10 to 18.
    • These changes now apply to medium ammo stacks that are found outside of crates and ammo cans.

This now means that ammo all over the map (chests, ammo cans, and stuff you just pick up off the floor) will all have 14 or 18 ammo accordingly. A welcome change that will allow for more firefights and better in game experience. I am hoping they increase it even more in future patches... perhaps 15 and 20... devs? ;)

---------------

MAJOR CHANGE #4: BUSH LOCATIONS

WHAT IS IT?
    • Environmental bush locations have been changed across the world.
    • Bushes will no longer be in different locations on different platforms.

Bushes across PC, PS4, and XBOX will all be in the same locations. A welcome and MUCH NEEDED change that will level the playing field for everyone.

---------------

OVERALL PATCH GRADE: C+

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd that all folks! What did you guys find the best about this patch? What do you want to see in the future? Is this the best game ever?

So many questions. If you enjoyed this breakdown smash that like button and throw me a sub if you'd like. Thank you for watching/reading and good luck smashin' noobs in your next game of Fortnite!

-Spencer
Working...
X