Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Headshots even be a thing on medium and high Ranges?

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bullet spread is here for a good reason. 100% aim would totally break mid to endgame. Camping and hiding will get more common and this is not what we want.
    • But what are headshots? I assume that these are rewards for skilled players with good aim.
    • What are fights on mid and high range? Praying for good RNG spread. Nobody "aims" for that headshot here because it's impossible. Aiming at the head would even lead to more bullets missing the enemy so consistency is the way to go.

I think these two do not fit together. This is the reason why headshots on high to mid ranges should be reworked. Not mentioning the 75 heal cap where every assault rifle headshot is above.

Absolutely agree.
    Weapons should have a max range past which they can't headshot.

And accuracy should be buffed across most guns anyways.

Comment

I agree that it's pretty much rng when you have a high range. But on the other hand it would feel really odd if you can't possibly hit someone in the head. And in real life you can hit the head of a target far away with rng, too. Therefore I think it's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Panossa View Post
        I agree that it's pretty much rng when you have a high range. But on the other hand it would feel really odd if you can't possibly hit someone in the head. And in real life you can hit the head of a target far away with rng, too. Therefore I think it's okay.
        Weapons like the revolver, scoped assault rifle and sniper which are made for higher distances should be reworked differently than shotguns, pistols and assault rifles. Reallife is not even close to this game - you can shoot and rpg 5 meters infront of yourself and don't get dmg. Just let's don't use this argument here. Reallife is also the most unbalanced thing in life.

Comment

I don't know... we might take this into the wrong direction in general.
          HS being stupid at a certain range is merely the result of both, the terrible first-shot-accuracy and the expansion and way too slow deexpansion of the bloom. Now: Yes, headshots are unnecessary at further ranges!
          But: Why change it through headshot dmg-reduction at range? (sounds kinda odd)
          Noo! What we simple need is the introduction of proper gunfiring-mechanics, allowing for a bigger skillgap (which this game neeeeds for gods sake!)-> 1. First shot, absolutely accurate (like 99% of other games after 2010) and 2.: Simply a reduction of recoil allowing the crosshair bloom to not extend at all during slow and precise trigger tapping!!
          Please consider this before making any steps into things like range dmg reduction concerning only headshots??
          Cheers^^

Comment

Originally posted by MiMiXis View Post
            I don't know... we might take this into the wrong direction in general.
            HS being stupid at a certain range is merely the result of both, the terrible first-shot-accuracy and the expansion and way too slow deexpansion of the bloom. Now: Yes, headshots are unnecessary at further ranges!
            But: Why change it through headshot dmg-reduction at range? (sounds kinda odd)
            Noo! What we simple need is the introduction of proper gunfiring-mechanics, allowing for a bigger skillgap (which this game neeeeds for gods sake!)-> 1. First shot, absolutely accurate (like 99% of other games after 2010) and 2.: Simply a reduction of recoil allowing the crosshair bloom to not extend at all during slow and precise trigger tapping!!
            Please consider this before making any steps into things like range dmg reduction concerning only headshots??
            Cheers^^
            I believe that you will not be save anymore on any range when this happens. Will highly increase the camping because people get scared.

Comment

Originally posted by MiMiXis View Post
              1. First shot, absolutely accurate (like 99% of other games after 2010) and 2.: Simply a reduction of recoil allowing the crosshair bloom to not extend at all during slow and precise trigger tapping!!
              But why this path specifically? I agree something should be done to alleviate the randomness of the gun play. Fortnite is "arcadey" - rather than adding trigger control why not make weapons 100% accurate* at all times and adjust player movement. Faster movement, snappier strafing, perhaps even ut-esque style dodging.

This adds a much higher skill requirement. Firstly you will need to track a target that is moving much faster than currently. You will need to track this target when it makes evasive movement. You will need to make evasive movement yourself while putting fire back on your target which interrupts your aim.

So instead of controlling the ttk via the "precise trigger tapping" speed, you control it from weapon dps vs both player movements ability.

Finally remove headshots as they become random in this type of setup.

The "problem", if it is a problem, is that ADS would no longer be a thing. Perhaps it could stay as a zoom that puts movement restrictions on the player.

*or whatever, this can be tweaked to suit.
              Do you enjoy [URL="http://arenafps.com/"]Unreal Tournament 4[/URL]?

Comment

I just want my shots go towards where I am aiming at that's all! No randomness at least during the first few shots and then maybe a recoil pattern too...

Comment

So you are saying that a bullet should not do lethal damage to a persons brain, just because it's slower?

A head is so small and hard to hit, that it should give head-shot bonus at all ranges, except it could have damage decrease considering, on how far the bullet had to travel, except when you are shooting at people bellow you.

Comment

Just gonna quote myself.

"The more I play this game the more I am against this rng thing but I still get that we should mind the skillgap. The sad thing is that I usually have to rush my opponent or just wait for him in brutal silence when it's 2 man standing scenario, because I'd rather land a chain of shotgun hits on him than have him headshot me when dueling at long range."

Comment

Working...
                    X