Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game needs to reward players that take on fights not the players that avoid fights.

Collapse
X

Game needs to reward players that take on fights not the players that avoid fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Game needs to reward players that take on fights not the players that avoid fights.

I have 700+ games played this month. I am a very aggressive player and take on most fights. I would say 75% of my games played I make it top 10 with 10+ kills each game on console. I have one a game where I had 0 kills, 0 bullets fired and won because I kept hiding and last guy died in a storm. I can go get a snack, soda, go to the bathroom after spawning in and hiding in a bush then come back with with like 30 players left and breeze to the end if I want to play a boring game.

My issue is its way to easy to just hide and then make it to the end and start to play and you will have a advantage. When I get 10+ kills a game I start out with full shiled maybe a few times. But after battle after battle when the game has 10 people left I have no shield and everythings been looted and I have like 500 bullets, 1k of each resource and I am at a disadvantage for the handful of players who got full shields in the begining and just hide and avoided every fight they could.

The resources is not a advantage 9/10 times. You build a big base at end you put a target on your self and all eyes are focused on you. End game everyone has snipers, rockets, scars. My point of this post is this game needs to reward players that do the dirty work. When theres 5 ppl left and I kill 4 of the 5 ppl and MR Wussie is just siting in his bush with 200hp he shouldnt get the advantage.

A solution I have is to put in crafting gear. Use resources or put in crafting parts. So I can take stuff I loot from kills and make armor or a shield so MR Wussie does not have a advantage for hiding his way to the end.

I am fine with multiple ways of playing and getting to the end. I am not okay with rewarding players that sit back and do nothing. They shouldnt get a advanatge at the end.

The end.

Just my opinion here, but hiding is a strategy. Some players are aggressive like yourself, others are sneaky, others are builders. So on. So changing things up so that one of those three types gets some bonus wont go well. Your idea would have flaws because people could make the stuff themselves and use it early, and then be even more built up by the end, or just ignore that completely once built up so you dont get anything once youve killed them.

The thing that would make more sense is adding some sort of post game reward for kill counts, and while you think youre not so set up by the end, this is why you need to pick your battles. If you dont have the health/shield, its a reckless decision to go and fight someone unless you sneak up on them or have better equipment. Its a risk/reward sort of thing. Do the benefits of taking that guy out outweigh the benefits of having a higher health count for the next fight?
    Anyway, thats just my outlook.

Comment

Everyone has thier own opinon but players that kill allot of people get punished at the end. If I was in a tournament to win. I would go to a good low traffic spawn. Get my 200hp with shield, make sure I get a rifle, and hide until the end. I would avoid all fights so that I can preserve my shield for the end and let everyone else fight it out.

This type of gameplay is rewarded at the end. All the person that kills allot of people gets is ammo and resources which is useless. It doesnt take skill to hide all game. Bushes cover you completley out of sight. You can hide behind trees, rocks, in houses. Just sit in 3rd person look around and listen and when its clear move to next hiding spot.

All I am asking for is a way to get that 200 hp by killing allot of people so when you get jumped by MR Wussie in a bush late game and he gets a jump on you hes not a tank with 200hp to take down when your already at 75-100hp and he got to shoot first.

Comment

Let me turn 1k resources into a 100hp shield.

Comment

The goal of the game is to win the round, not to get 10+ kills. If it bothers you that you have no shields at end game, stop being so aggressive and mabye you will win more.

Comment

I’ve won games through hiding, and I won solo last night by building the most extravagant tower way above Pleasant Park and won with 10 kills

This game doesn’t reward players for hiding and waiting it out, this game gives you the option to, just because you hide with full shield and health does not guarantee the win, it’s all down to chance, after 10 kills with 1k resources each, you should be well prepared for a killer fort with ample combat prep

Should

This is one of the only games I’ve played where I scream bs because I shot first and ended up losing the scrap, or where I’ve grafted all game but ended up losing to a bush camper, yet I jump straight back into a new game and try again
            No stone left unturned, no bush left un’sploded

Comment

Originally posted by BroKeo View Post
              The goal of the game is to win the round, not to get 10+ kills. If it bothers you that you have no shields at end game, stop being so aggressive and mabye you will win more.
              this all the way. game is about survival, survive to the end i have had games on ps4 where i got 8-9 kills and won and others where i got 1-2 kills and won,

Comment

The simple solution would be to allow the shields to stack up in inventory (at least more than 2 as it is now), so that the more players you kill, the more shields you can collect to make up for the damage taken in each battle.

Comment

Look. When you kill ten other players you end up having TEN times more items, ammo and building material you normally would when hiding and not killing a one person. Since you are so aggresive this means you don't have to waste your time on gathering more than a few walls of material since you're gonna be getting piles of it from the corpses. You are not having all these loot just because you are aggresive, sometimes you've got to pay the price with your health, shield or life. This is how this game works. Just because you happened to run across an bad player that died in a storm in 2 PLAYERS LEFT which is most likely a fake campfire story of yours doesn't mean hiding is superior ok? Try to fight off the last guy or couple of them if you got spotted (you're dead in this case) with your green m4 or semi-shotgun while he's flooding you with rockets and hundreds of bullets. He also probably has 3 stacks of materials capped out while you're low on everything. We can clearly see the advantage of aggresive player in this scenario, again his struggle was rewarded with all these colorfull items he has. If the "camper" can outgun him at this point then he definitely deserves to win the match. The scenario is rare because sometimes even the camper gets into trouble and dies before reaching top 15.

Comment

I hope you're joking, because the guys who go out and slay everyone will 9 times of of 10 end up with the best gear and the most resources. Also, having more resources definitely gives you an advantage over other people, because it lets you win extended fights against other good players who build mid fight.

Comment

I'm confused. More loot = less likely to win?

Comment

I think if shields were picked up from downed players rather than destroyed it would help with this issue. I don't think crafting them from resources will achieve what you want. That will simply favor the people who spent the early game on the outskirts smashing trees.

Comment

maybe add a shield drop from every kill even if player does not have one, this way it makes it worth while fighting and not camping. Also u can make it a new shield drop that wont let u go above 50 shield so the camper still has a bit of a chance with 100 shield vs ur 50 shield, because as stated u have lots of ammo etc while camper will have next to none.

Comment

Originally posted by RaV_PL View Post
                            Look. When you kill ten other players you end up having TEN times more items, ammo and building material you normally would when hiding and not killing a one person. Since you are so aggresive this means you don't have to waste your time on gathering more than a few walls of material since you're gonna be getting piles of it from the corpses. You are not having all these loot just because you are aggresive, sometimes you've got to pay the price with your health, shield or life. This is how this game works. Just because you happened to run across an bad player that died in a storm in 2 PLAYERS LEFT which is most likely a fake campfire story of yours doesn't mean hiding is superior ok? Try to fight off the last guy or couple of them if you got spotted (you're dead in this case) with your green m4 or semi-shotgun while he's flooding you with rockets and hundreds of bullets. He also probably has 3 stacks of materials capped out while you're low on everything. We can clearly see the advantage of aggresive player in this scenario, again his struggle was rewarded with all these colorfull items he has. If the "camper" can outgun him at this point then he definitely deserves to win the match. The scenario is rare because sometimes even the camper gets into trouble and dies before reaching top 15.
                            Just here to say ‘all of the above’
                            No stone left unturned, no bush left un’sploded

Comment

Last. Man. Standing.

Look if you kill 10 people and have amazing gear and I camp all game and pull the trigger one time and win the game, shame on you.

Want to go 20-2 every match, Call of Duty.

Comment

Working...
                              X