X

Mouse and keyboard users ruin the game for people on console who use controller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse and keyboard users ruin the game for people on console who use controller

Why do they allow people to use mouse and keyboard on BR on console?

They clearly have a huge advantage over controller users.

Not so much for me. I use controller on PC. And I always do well. Just as well as with a mouse. I am not talking much about this game so far. But I find that in other shooters, be them first or third person variety, I do great. So I am not seeing it. It is more the person using the device. My son always claims that kb/m is better. And maybe it is to him. But I still win. I still do great. I have been on many shooters on PC and have people going on about kb/m being so superior. Never mention to them that I just outplayed them with an Xbox controller. I find that it is in peoples minds. It really is more of what you are used too using. I turn off aim assist on consoles when given the option and never use it on PC of course. So I am not sure the issue.

And I have played some teams that are considered good. And did very well myself. Plenty of complements over the years. Carried a few teams close to victory. All with controller. Just prefer it for shooters. The kb/m combination works but I can just do it with controller so I do.

And I am not arguing whether you think kb/m is better. It can be to anybody. I prefer controller for these types of games.

Comment

If only controller users could remap their buttons, (cough) left and right on D-pad to switch weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by Guerrero Ultimo View Post
        Not so much for me. I use controller on PC. And I always do well. Just as well as with a mouse. I am not talking much about this game so far. But I find that in other shooters, be them first or third person variety, I do great. So I am not seeing it. It is more the person using the device. My son always claims that kb/m is better. And maybe it is to him. But I still win. I still do great. I have been on many shooters on PC and have people going on about kb/m being so superior. Never mention to them that I just outplayed them with an Xbox controller. I find that it is in peoples minds. It really is more of what you are used too using. I turn off aim assist on consoles when given the option and never use it on PC of course. So I am not sure the issue.

And I have played some teams that are considered good. And did very well myself. Plenty of complements over the years. Carried a few teams close to victory. All with controller. Just prefer it for shooters. The kb/m combination works but I can just do it with controller so I do.

And I am not arguing whether you think kb/m is better. It can be to anybody. I prefer controller for these types of games.
        Oh look another arrogant controller user. I used to think just like you, but that's because I was used to using controllers when it came to playing shooters. I grew up on a console, just like you I'm assuming. PC gaming really didn't take off to 2000 or later. I promise you if you really work on your mouse/keyboard play it will be x10 greater what a controller can provide you. Beating your son is hardly a good example. It's very possible he simply is not very good. If you want to stay in the stone age that's fine, but don't think for one second using an inferior tool makes you better than people who are intelligent enough to use the superior tool. Do you bring a knife to a sword fight? Do you bring a bow to a gun fight? Do you use use a rock instead of a hammer? Yeah I didn't think so. Using a controller over a keyboard and mouse is exactly like those examples.

Unless you have a disability you should throw away the controllers and get used to keyboard and mouse ASAP! It's going to be the future on console. Microsoft plans on giving XBOX full keyboard and mouse support. Everyone will be using that set up over controllers because it's the superior tool. It has way more versatility! It's fast! There is a reason controllers get aim assist on console, it's because it can't compete with the superior tool! Without aim assist most controller users would stop playing shooters all together.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ho.../1100-6453087/

Comment

Working...
        X