I think it’s time to accept that Fortnite is dying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it’s time to accept that Fortnite is dying

Fortnite is dying.

More than half the players have left because of crappy updates that messed with the matchmaking, siphon, resolution, and so called “bug fixes” that only fix the small problems and not the big ones.

Epic is destroying its own game.
    Apex is a great alternative to this game for everyone to enjoy. The season one battlepass is much harder and more challenging to complete. It really brings the competition to a whole new level.

Fortnire is just really bad right now and I think it’s gonna stay this way until Epic finally decides to listen to the community

110% AGREE with you here.

I'm moving to Warframe though. xD

Comment

Epic y’all really need to be careful about y’all next update or u could lose most of the community forever

Comment

Syphon was a great mechanic but it didn’t belong in the game. I completely agree that it promoted “unhealthy aggression”, you could stay alive by blindly rushing people even inside the storm and have little fear. More importantly it catered to higher skilled players which is something Epic is continuously trying to avoid.

It was a temporary solution to an old problem that has plagued FortNite for a long time, the lack of heals. They should just revert the changes made to mini/big shield drop rates, Vault bandages, and increase the drop rate of slurp juices/med kits. Boom, all problems solved.

Comment

• 5hawnn commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, the horrible spawn rate of heals is the big ole problem. I was just bout to make a post about that and the whole revert debate.

• Trickster_2003YT commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not saying siphon should stay I’m just saying stupid mistakes like just removing it for no reason is causing players to leave

Well instead of completely removing heatlh&mats on kill completely, they could have tried nerfing it to 25HP or even make it regen up to 25/50HP overtime. Removing it completely was just a dumb idea. You can't just take away a crack heads crack away forever.
        What I find funny about this is that they added it when Apex started to build a name for itself, Epic panicked and decided to give this out because they knew it'll keep it's playercount from going to Apex. As soon as Apex started to settle, Epic takes it back away. As if it's some sort of malicious scheme to force players to keep playing its game.

Comment

Originally posted by MightyZzang View Post
          You can't just take away a crack heads crack away forever.
          Crackheads should never be given crack in the first place.

Comment

• HippoHello commented
            Editing a comment
            "Successful counterattack!"

Not dying.

Player count is quite strong.

Comment

Editing a comment
            It’s on the verge of collapsing by its own creators destruction

Originally posted by Trickster_2003YT View Post
          More than half the players have left
          Statistics where?

Originally posted by Trickster_2003YT View Post
          The season one battlepass is much harder and more challenging to complete. It really brings the competition to a whole new level.
          It's a massive grind for mediocre rewards, and is viewed by the large majority of the community as an utter disappointment.

Comment

Editing a comment
            And Fortnite is broken.

What’s ur point?
            I’d rather have fun trying to unlock stuff than die all the time to bugs and exploits

I've been playing Fortnite for over a year now and according to this forum it's been dying or about to die the entire time. In reality, it has held up remarkably well against the ever-increasing number of Battle Royale competitors that have tried to take it on. Whether or not you like the changes they've made to the game, this is undeniably true.

Comment

Originally posted by CousinEddie7 View Post
            I've been playing Fortnite for over a year now and according to this forum it's been dying or about to die the entire time. In reality, it has held up remarkably well against the ever-increasing number of Battle Royale competitors that have tried to take it on. Whether or not you like the changes they've made to the game, this is undeniably true.
            I'm guessing this is going to be the same situation for many others as it is for me. Fortnite is the only game with building which is what people are addicted to. If Fortnite didn't have buliding, nobody would play it.

So, even though the game is trash right now I still finding myself wanting to play it because of the building, and it makes me so angry when I die to some bug or stupid aspect of the game which isn't fixed yet. Half the time my pump doesn't even shoot, and i'm definitely waiting long enough for the weapon draw time. Audio is trash. I can't use stretched anymore. Inconsistent damage. Removal of siphon was the wrong move. I still don't even get why they put the shotgun timer on ALL shotguns rather than just double pump. Like, pump + smg is way more OP than pump+tac. Yet Epic just only keep 1 viable close quarter playstyle for the game rather than letting people use a variety of playstyles. Just all of these things over time has led the game to its trashy state it is now.

Comment

i THINK ITS TIME TO ACCEPT IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE ON AND FIND SOMETHING BETTER..MILLIONS OF OTHERS DONT GIVE A SH$#

Comment

Editing a comment
                And u are the prime point and reason the game is dying.

Toxic community

Hold on, you come here with some barmy, unsubstantiated claim that 'half the players have left' and say the game is dying.

You go on to praise an alternative game which is, frankly, trash by comparison.

You say siphon was removed for no reason when Epic gave a very clear reason why it was removed, then you make some wild statement that the game is about to collapse by its own creators destruction (wtf does that even mean? makes no sense)

Then you go on to contradict yourself as to the reason FN is 'dying' by blaming the so-called toxic community, when it is in fact people like you who are toxic because you post a whole load of **** with no actual substance, pointlessly.

Comment

Editing a comment
                First amendment freedom of speech.

I can say what I want when I want and I don’t care what people say about it

So go sit down and watch as I continue posting on here

Fortnite sucks, it truly does.
              for the majority it does.

i dont care who says what but I've seen so many of my friends quit in the past 3 weeks thank I havent seen in 1 year.
              AND frankly I understand why, no one would want to play a ****** game where community is always a second priority, money is first of course, regardless of the fact that millions who've spent so much money on this **** cant even play it anymore.

Comment

Editing a comment
                Very good point there buddy. I feel the pain

https://venturebeat.com/2019/03/20/e...nning-a-store/
              https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/20/...interview-gdc/
              https://www.esquire.com/lifestyle/a2...s-competition/
              idk about that one chief.
              Also, I don't think it was in these articles, but epic said they felt more threatened by FIFA than apex. Not using it condescendingly either. They said apex never really dented their player counts, while FIFA did, and it was very noticeable.
              https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/psn/Black_Swag
              My Stats

Comment

LOL this dude is hyping Apex's battle pass which is notorious for how awul it is.

Comment

Editing a comment
                  I’m not trying to hype anything I’m just saying it’s a good alternative
              Working...
              X