X

I think it’s time to accept that Fortnite is dying

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SLxTnT View Post

When it comes to competitive, ballers should be removed. If you don't play competitive at a high level, you shouldn't have a say on that. Without playing those games, you'd never experience how bad ballers are for competitive. In casuals, they're perfectly fine. As for siphon, there's been no evidence that the majority don't want it reverted while there has been evidence for wanting it reverted.
    Fortnite may have over 250m accounts created, but the majority don't even play. Anyone that plays enough to care about these updates would voice their opinion in some form at some point. Over 300k opinions in those polls. Without a direct survey from Epic, you won't find better surveys than that.

A big reason why streamers are probably playing Fortnite right now is because of those tournaments. That's true for my friends at least. They've been playing Rust and Overwatch the last few days. If Fortnite shutdown tomorrow, streamers only have to go to the next game. They won't lose their entire audience. Some may leave, but they're popular for more than only their skill.

Streamers made Fortnite as much as Fortnite made streamers. Without both, neither would be as popular.

So far on these tournaments.
    - An OP sword was added.
    - Planes.
    - Ballers.
    - Stretched resolution removed after they said it was fine in other tournaments.
    Sorry, but Epic isn't always correct. In fact, they do a lot of stupid things. Them listening to the community is one of the reasons why people came to this game. After it grew, I bet they got a larger team with different management. Now they rarely listen to the community. The community should shape the game more than the developers. Siphon shouldn't have been removed completely. It should've been modified. Ballers shouldn't have been nerfed. They should've been removed from competitive. FoV option should've been added to all platforms instead of messing up 4:3 aspect ratios. They go to the extremes before the community finally gets them to the middle ground months later. If no one complained about this stuff, this game would be terrible.
    If you're a competitive player, you'll learn to adapt and make it to the top instead of crying. Everything has a weakness, even ballers. You should be glad Epic kept SIPHON in competitive mode. If I was Epic, I would remove siphon completely.

And no, Fortnite is the reason why streamers are popular, not the other way around. If any streamers stop playing fortnite, they will have a huge drop in viewers. Hate all you want but Fortnite is the most amusing game to watch on stream. Apex legend doesn't even come close. There is a reason why these top streamers like Ninja, SypherPk, NickMerc, etc, still play Fortnite.

Comment

Yes, but so many of those streamers play because people watch, not so much because they are enjoying the game anymore. Pretty much every one of those guys is complaining about the state of the game in one manner or another, wasn't Ninja playing Uno instead of Fortnite one time?

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Meat Pete View Post
        Yes, but so many of those streamers play because people watch, not so much because they are enjoying the game anymore. Pretty much every one of those guys is complaining about the state of the game in one manner or another, wasn't Ninja playing Uno instead of Fortnite one time?
        If you stream the same game for 8 hours almost everyday, you wouldn't enjoy it either lol. Ninja was definitely unhappy about the 8.20 changes and was trying to go on strike by playing uno. Yeah nice try buddy, you and your subscribers are only 1% of the community.

Comment

when is the new Twitch Prime pack coming?

Comment

Fortnite is not dying.

Apex was a one day fly
            Apex came from nothing and immediately became Fortnite's biggest threat and concurrent for a time being. That was like 2-3 weeks. It seems now the Apex hype has already died down.

Fifa will always be popular
            Fifa has been popular since fifa 98, and there has been a new fifa every year since then. And I've played them all. I actually skipped this years fifa (19) which is the first time since fifa 08 since I didnt have a next gen console at that time.
            I skipped it because the game didnt introduce any improvements over career mode, and the demo didnt appeal to me. Also Fifa's Counterpart, PES (Pro Evolution Soccer ) added De Kuip Stadium, in an update, and since Feyenoord are my favorite team, I obviously went with PES this year. However, should Fifa improve the career mode and add the Kuip, im definitely going back to fifa. EA's biggest weakness in releasing a fifa every year is their lazy attitude of just changing the number from 19 to 20 and updating rosters. Maybe it is good to skip a year and release a roster update DLC just like Ubisoft did with the Assassins Creed series.

Syphon/vampire was not removed, it was splitted.
            Syphon is still there, in the arena, so if you like syphon, go into the arena, if you don't like it, you don't. Its as easy as that.
            If they dont offer this the casual community will die and then the game will die. Because the game becomes too tryhard and an unhealthy slaughterfield that is just no fun anymore.

Fortnite will be pushed off the throne in ± 2 years by a (new) game from another genre
            Fortnite is the king of BR, Both Apex and Pubg come a long way but Fortnite is obviously at the top. And it will stay there. If it is to be pushed off the throne, it will be by a game from another genre.
            Now there is a BR hype, that will eventualy die down and a new genre will replace it (it has been like this : FPS -> mmo -> moba -> BR )

Comment

EPIC don't give a crappp what players think. They do this with every game they get involved with. Once again they have stooped to a whole new low.... once again they take away team rumble for food fight.....really Epic? Foid fight is this biggest pile of garbage and to top it off they add this lava ****. Seriously Epic you are a bunch of idiiots.

Comment

Fortnite is not dying even though alot of people are tired of it. In fact it will keep sucking the life of the gaming industry for years to come. BR might not be as popular as before but there're also respawn modes and also a creative mode that will certainly keep being developed. Unfortunately while I would prefer to play something else there just aren't any good releases anymore. I'm tired of BRs but even CoD is a BR nowdays. TF2 was my main game for a long time but that game is a BR too so there you go..

Comment

While I've been taking a break from Fortnite (around 2 weeks now) I started playing BO3 and enjoying that much more than Fortnite. Back when Siphon was still a thing, the game was much faster paced and I enjoyed it a lot more. Now it's either play passive and win because you have max materials and shields for days, or play aggressive and go into the last fight with 75 hp and lose. I tried to go back and play Fortnite but after getting in fights so often in BO3, Fortnite was too slow paced for me.
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/xbox/RenegayRaider

Comment

Working...
                  X