X

The Revert Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clfalk View Post
    I would definitely get out the popcorn for that.
    Sweet or salted ? :x

Comment

• clfalk commented
      Editing a comment
      Salted by the tears of entitled 13-year olds :-)

I don't think there really should be a revert debate, because it's pretty clear to most people: Rewarding people for making kills is generally a good idea, it encourages action and penalizes camping.

The real debate: How far back should they revert? I am thinking most of the mobility aids need to go: carts, boards, hamster balls...

Comment

• 5hawnn commented
      Editing a comment
      Im with you on that one (remvoing most mobility aids i mean), after the classic ltm ended. I had a horrible experience in the normal modes. Ive been third partied in 3 games back to back. I wasn't even in hot drop locations. It's all because of the mobiliy. Once you shoot, a flock of enemies just use that boards, ballers or redploy and just flock to that gunfire. It sucks and I hate it.

Originally posted by Dead Meat Pete View Post
    I don't think there really should be a revert debate, because it's pretty clear to most people: Rewarding people for making kills is generally a good idea, it encourages action and penalizes camping.
    By that rationale you should give people 200 HP, full mats, and a legendary weapon for each kill ...

You already get the other guy's loot, so the debate is about _how much_ you should be rewarded for kills, and Epic seems to have found (back to) the right balance.

Comment

The real debate: How far back should they revert? I am thinking most of the mobility aids need to go: carts, boards, hamster balls...
      The game already rewards you for fraggin people, you get weapons, meds, ammo, mats, etc from your defeated enemies, the reward in itself also from playing aggro is to know you survived and outsmarted your oponents.

my K/D is a lowly lowly 0.50 something and I play aggresively, I don't camp because I get bored, and for sure I am not the best player around, call me crazy if you want but: I rather like to know that I win and lose because of my own skill (or lack of) rather than because I receive handouts.

Had a game with my friend, hot dropped Dusty Divot today she fragged 5, I fragged 5 too, got good weapons from our enemies, meds too, we made good plays and we didn't won the game, no camping, no 1 by 1 "turtling" (which is camping mark II) we got into top 5 in the end and were deleted by other people. The enemies we defeated were because we outsmarted them and the enemies that defeated us were because they outsmarted us.

As a matter of fact when Siphon was in place people were playing more defensively, even comp players relying into turtling and 1 by 1 (You can check Daequan's videos from the Siphon time complaining about the people hiding in their Barbie houses) something that was more frequent and prevalent when Siphon was in place in core pub modes...

TL:DR You already get rewards if you do blam blam to other enemies, I don't like the game having training wheels in the form of Siphon.

Comment

• 5hawnn commented
        Editing a comment
        I need to play with you. You are a rare specimen. Classic ltm, that was a great experience, no camping and turtling and outsmarting players felt soo good. Getting weapons instead of useless items feels good too.

By the logic here, getting materials and loot from players you kill is a form of siphon already - why do the materials not get destroyed and the weapons removed from play?

Once you accept that basic concept, the question is only "is the reward of 50hp a good or bad thing"? The answer appears to be that it isn't a bad thing, as it encourages more active players.

Oh, there is one other question: Is giving 50hp for something better or worse than giving someone a hamster ball which if effectively a 200hp shield with fast mobility thrown in better or worse? If you are dealing with game balance issues, the baller thing is clearly a much bigger issue (and has become just about an end game meme).

Comment

By the logic here, getting materials and loot from players you kill is a form of siphon already - why do the materials not get destroyed and the weapons removed from play?

Once you accept that basic concept, the question is only "is the reward of 50hp a good or bad thing"? The answer appears to be that it isn't a bad thing, as it encourages more active players.

Oh, there is one other question: Is giving 50hp for something better or worse than giving someone a hamster ball which if effectively a 200hp shield with fast mobility thrown in better or worse? If you are dealing with game balance issues, the baller thing is clearly a much bigger issue (and has become just about an end game meme).
        More active players ? What do you mean ?
        More people playing the game ? Or people playing less passively ?

In both cases, on what is your argument based ?

I'm sorry but people are playing more actively since Siphon was removed. For 2 reasons : 1/ overall level of solo pubs decreased 2/ people are not afraid to get spotted by a Wkeying sweaty player anymore. So there are more fight engagements overall.

Comment

I think, thats the real problem. People are asking for siphon because of 3rd party situations, caused through mobility utilities. Redeployable glider were and are a mistake even in the current state. Stationary items, like rifts or geysers are fine, but not the mobile ones.

But, if you remove "mobility aids", there would be no need for siphon anymore. ;-)

Comment

Working...
          X