Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So i heard Epic Games/Fortnite is suing players.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite Review
    Enjoyment for Gamers

Not going stand by this game and play as they sue players just get $$$ to develop their game.

The players who were sued should of repeatedly get ban regardless.

Almost like suing people for posting negative reviews for this game.
    Starts
    12-07-2017
    Ends
    12-08-2017
    Last edited by Valesoldier; 12-07-2017, 05:44 PM.

Well, they're suing cheaters. People who break EULA. Its more so just to set a precedent that cheating is absolutely not acceptable and to try to ensure a safer and more enjoyable game for those who play fairly, not to actually get any money. I'm not saying its necessarily the right step for Epic to take (especially with that one fellow who is rather young), but i can certainly see where they are coming from and its not in the slightest like suing people for posting a bad review. I mean, gamers are always complaining that developers don't take enough action to curb cheating so i can commend Epic for trying a new avenue. They are doing this to protect their playerbase, ultimately.
    Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 12-07-2017, 04:29 AM.

Comment

You should actually read and research the information before posting "you heard" type accusations that border on blatant ignorance.

Go read articles, read the court documents (yes, they are available online), or watch some of the videos.

There are even a few youtube videos made by a copyright lawyer about the whole situation if reading comprehension is difficult for you.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructoSloth View Post
        You should actually read and research the information before posting "you heard" type accusations that border on blatant ignorance.

Go read articles, read the court documents (yes, they are available online), or watch some of the videos.

There are even a few youtube videos made by a copyright lawyer about the whole situation if reading comprehension is difficult for you.
        Ok ignorance,
        Cheating ....alleged Copyright...whatever

Talking the about approach they made.

The approach to sue players is highly inappropriate regardless, the user should have been banned repeatedly (even if just 9 times)
        They want to make Money by mass suing players...to develop that game.

Such inappropriate approach.
        Last edited by Valesoldier; 12-07-2017, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• mookmajor commented
          Editing a comment
          Your an idiot fornite has over 40 million active players they get tons if revenues from the v bucks and skins your post is like saying im gonna sue your mom for giving birth to a ignorant child thats not tru nore is fornite sueing just to devolpe their game in case u didnt know fortnite as been around since 2011 and epic games had been around alot longer so money isnt the issue its roach *** player like u who give fornite bad name

Originally posted by Valesoldier View Post
        Talking the approach,

The approach to sue players is highly inappropriate regardless, the user should have been banned repeatedly (even if just 9 times)
        They want to make Money by mass suing players...to develop that game.

Such inappropriate approach.
        Such an ignorant post.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, literally.

I'm not sure if you are purposely being obtuse, or if you're not quite old enough/mature enough to comprehend law and business, but you might want to at least try to understand what you are weighing-in on.

The fact that 2 of the three defendants already settled should be a sign of who was in the right, legally. The one outstanding case is still open due to the defendant being an idiot and making it worse for himself.

Just a tidbit of information for you. The players weren't just cheating. They were involved with marketing, distribution, and monetization of the cheat software.

Comment

Yes you are one saying people ignorant
          Those were alleged accusations and Epic games knew they wont have money pay for lawyers to defend the players so they would settle.

So they end up mass suing players just for breaking the rules. Nice..

use the money to develop the game instead of normally banning them repeatedly.
          Last edited by Valesoldier; 12-07-2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Holy...

Read the court documents if you are so intent on knowing the truth.

They banned them upwards of 14+ times. There was more to it than just cheating. It is about more than breaking the rules. You clearly don't have the capacity to even attempt to understand these cases.

Comment

More like bait and catch.

Those were alleged accusations and Epic games knew they wont have money pay for lawyers to defend the players so they would settle.

Comment

Ok, I'm done with you. You can't even help yourself or even attempt to comprehend the subject.

I'm not going to spoon feed you.

Comment

Originally posted by DestructoSloth View Post
                  Ok, I'm done with you. You can't even help yourself or even attempt to comprehend the subject.

I'm not going to spoon feed you.
                  Calling people ignorant , let see what happen if you sued by Epic games. Dont be crying on this topic or say kys to people.

Comment

Why does it feels like TS is one of them cheating scrubs? you got what you deserved :)

Comment

Originally posted by Hardcorefail View Post
                      Why does it feels like TS is one of them cheating scrubs? you got what you deserved :)
                      watch we going get sued by Epic games for team killing.

Comment

Developers have every right to sue cheaters and cheat developers. Don't cheat, it destroys the game, end of story.

Comment

Originally posted by Valesoldier View Post
                          Enjoyment for Gamers

Not going stand by this game and play as they sue players just get $$$ to develop their game.

The players who were sued should of repeatedly get ban regardless.

Almost like suing people for posting negative reviews for this game.

Just like what jacob said you didn't seem to really bother looking into the issue at hand here. They did not sue them they took one kid to court for using and promoting cheats.. A court order was brought up against the kid to stop and to at which the kid said #@@! that and continued to do it I would doubt they would pull this stunt without banning this kid a 100times.

As for the other user was caught being a person who created and distributed cheats on his website and a cease and desist order was brought up against this person and then I believe went to jail for continuing activity within their website. I believe the website is taken down but they never released that.

As for the 3rd its still going through.

These actions had no money value what so ever, if anything they spent more taken them to court than anything.. So they spent money to make sure these people never cheat again.. If you still can't understand that then sorry.

Also its not that they couldn't defend themselves its the fact they ignored the EULA which they agreed too and which case not much you can do at that point because well you broke their rules they set forth.
                          Last edited by Dakone12; 12-07-2017, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Whats next players get sued for unintentionally team killing or harassing another player instead of banning them appropriately .

Yea i saw it long ago, they cant defend their self, so they had no choice to admit to the alleged copyright claims.
                            Last edited by Valesoldier; 12-07-2017, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X