X

Optimization is Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Optimization is Great

I don't know what you guys did because I didn't think I would gain much with this update, but I'm up about 20-30 fps and it's stable. I never go under 100 fps anymore (actually almost always above 120) when before 80 fps was my average.. Good job Epic.

Anyone else get this drastic of a change?

I've seen no change in FPS. However, I've seen a sure change in network lag.

Comment

Same here. I'm still at 25-30 FPS.

Comment

It was readily apparent how much smoother the game plays, so many things feel polished.

Great update Epic, thank you.

Comment

Even on PS4 things feel quite a bit smoother, uncapping my framerate is quite a boost. The match where i'd often run into some odd desync issues seems quite a bit better now too. Seems like a great patch.

Comment

Runs a lot better now and I love the new backpack setup

Comment

On PC and I can confirm that performance increased for me also. I was hitting some high, stable frame rates last night that I hadn't before.

Comment

Most of ya'll must've gotten the better end of it. Building is laggier than ever for me.

Comment

The first 2 minutes or so of the match is still laggy for me (chests, building, etc) but everything else is much improved. I uncapped the framerate on my PS4Pro, the inventory is greatly improved for console players, footsteps are more realistic (although they could be turned up in volume slightly as it seems I cant hear them quite as well as before).

Didnt have the opportunity to play when the AA was screwed up so I would say it was a very successful update for me anyway.

Comment

I'm running an older i7 and a GTX 1080 and I saw no change. Same FPS, hovering between 70-90, with the occasional spike in the 110 range when indoors.

Originally posted by Sique Khan View Post
                    I don't know what you guys did because I didn't think I would gain much with this update, but I'm up about 20-30 fps and it's stable. I never go under 100 fps anymore (actually almost always above 120) when before 80 fps was my average.. Good job Epic.

Anyone else get this drastic of a change?

Hey Khan: What's your set up that you're getting such high FPS? Do you have a GTX 1080 Ti?

Comment

Originally posted by Calibretto09 View Post
                      I'm running an older i7 and a GTX 1080 and I saw no change. Same FPS, hovering between 70-90, with the occasional spike in the 110 range when indoors.

Hey Khan: What's your set up that you're getting such high FPS? Do you have a GTX 1080 Ti?
                      GTX 1060 and an i5 4690 on all low but medium textures/view distance.

Comment

Working...
                      X