X

What's a good ping level?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's a good ping level?

My shots often don't land even though my cross hair is square on the target. I play on Asia servers with around 110ms ping and while I don't really have the best aim, I'm wondering if the ping is the issue or if my aim is just that bad. What do you guys get when you're playing and what's an acceptable ping range for the game?

Usually anything below 50 is perfect, anything up to 100 is good and above you'll start getting some lag and such. I'd say 110 isn't bad but it's also not great. It's serviceable.

are you also aware the game uses bloom and hit scan? Means you need to lead with your shots depending on distance and the weapon in use and the bloom requires you to pace your shots to be more accurate. The issue with bloom however is a lot of players don't pace their shots but instead spam resulting in winning gunfights by luck as that's how bloom works. It makes you more inaccurate the longer you hold the trigger. The issue with pacing shots is when someone you're fighting isn't as they're getting more shots off than you.

not sure if it makes sense to you but it very well could be the aiming system that is your issue more so than your ping (it ciuld very well be your ping, I wouldn't rule it out but I also don't think 110 is bad). Epic is looking to rework the aiming system as it has been an issue for various players.

Comment

Originally posted by UEG ShadowAngel View Post
      Usually anything below 50 is perfect, anything up to 100 is good and above you'll start getting some lag and such. I'd say 110 isn't bad but it's also not great. It's serviceable.

are you also aware the game uses bloom and hit scan? Means you need to lead with your shots depending on distance and the weapon in use and the bloom requires you to pace your shots to be more accurate. The issue with bloom however is a lot of players don't pace their shots but instead spam resulting in winning gunfights by luck as that's how bloom works. It makes you more inaccurate the longer you hold the trigger. The issue with pacing shots is when someone you're fighting isn't as they're getting more shots off than you.

not sure if it makes sense to you but it very well could be the aiming system that is your issue more so than your ping (it ciuld very well be your ping, I wouldn't rule it out but I also don't think 110 is bad). Epic is looking to rework the aiming system as it has been an issue for various players.
      Thanks a lot for replying. Yes, I do pace my shots (though, I was doing it more because most FPSes tend to push your reticle up if you fire automatically, didn't specifically know that Fortnite doesn't do that and instead has 'bloom'). I am also aware of bullet time and leading your shots.

Anyways, I guess it's a combination of my aim not being the best in the world and that 110-ish ping works (I don't miss literally everything) but that it's not the best, either, meaning I do tend to miss my shots slightly. I do also see occasional micro-stutters. I wasn't really sure if the stutter was just the result of a sudden frame rate drop (Paragon started having more of those after they pushed a recent visual update) or if it was the ping.
      Last edited by theblindcritic; 12-09-2017, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I am from india and i play with 150+ ping and with that ping building is kinda annoying #feelsbadman , I hope epic games releases SEA servers .

Comment

my ping is 589ms i get killed so easily in this game

Comment

• vV_Darkness_Vv commented
            Editing a comment
            Dude. what re u waiting for? Uninstall the game immediately!!!

• patski80 commented
            Editing a comment
            if your your ping is 589 you're not getting kills easily you're lying your ****ing *** off.

MY PING IS ALWAYS 177+. I am from INDIA. What the hell is wrong with these servers. I have a 15mbps broadband still. WTF plz FIX. ITS NOT ONLY ME BUT A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE WHO R SUFFERING FROM THE SAME PROBLEM> PLZ FIX

Comment

I have over 170 ping in TX. I feel sad xd

Comment

Last time i checked, my ping was 23ms.

Comment

I swear I'm bout to rage my ping is 478ms almost everyday

Comment

Working...
                X