Is DRAW somehow possible?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is DRAW somehow possible?

Hello fellow players,

During this temporary problems with duo/team queue and friends list which is currently happening, me and my friend came into an idea of joining the same battle without being in a party and then it turned out it's quite easy...
    Then, we have thought about the DRAW situation - if its possible at all. We managed to end up the battle as last two players alive and we tried to kill ourselves with an RPG. We both had the same amount of HP (100%) and no armour.
    We choosed RPG because it deals a lot of lethal damage around big radius and we were certain that 1 shot will for sure kills us both.

Let's take a look at the short movie (ending RPG shot) and maybe some fortnite crew will explain what happened and why ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dBd...ature=youtu.be

i guess if you both go on a high platform and destroy the platform you would fall at the same speed i would think and both die at the same time

Comment

The game states that "Last one standing wins" (paraphrased), but besides that your video could be classed as Teaming, especially because you and your friend explicitly tried to join Solo mode to test out an idea that needed 2 cooperative players.

I'm not saying you teamed up against other players, but posting this idea and a video about it to the official forums... Doesn't sound like a good idea, especially if Epic is as serious as they claim to be on teamers.

Still, an interesting idea.
      Last edited by Mordoniz; 12-09-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

We dont get any satisfaction from doing this, we tried it only for experimental purpose only and I hope EPIC team will consider it as it's still BETA and everything is worthy testing... also we don't use any hacks or any other game abuse, we also don't get any reward for win, so I guess that harmfulness of the act is very very marginal or even zero.

The thing I would want to know is how is it calculated which player wins if they both die at the same time, from the same weapon lets say a grenade - the one who was closer to the explosion, or maybe the one who had more HP ? What is the algoritm for that.

The idea with falling together in my opinion is not worthy testing, considering that the terrain is not equal, and some lags or even FPS difference can influence on the moment of touchdown so the final result is easy to predict.

UPDATE with the movie.
        We managed to end up as 2 last players again, killing maybe 4 players together - I hope they forgive us our bad behaviour but as I said its only for experimental purpose and now when party'ing problems is solved we will not try to do this any longer.

This time we tried with grenade launcher. I was little bit further to the grenade and I won the battle. Is being closer/further to the explosion has influence on the score or it's random ?? EPIC how about that ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwan...ature=youtu.be

Comment

There could be a slight latency that would explain why one wins if his shot is registered half a second before the other's. Even if both of you manage to shoot at the exact same time, then a lot of small time differences along the way back and forth to the servers could add up and favor either of you.
          What would you be interesting is : what happens if both players have the exact same amount of HP but let themselves die to the storm ? You would have to make sure you're not on the same vertical level so one doesn't get hit before the other.

Also, even though your intentions are pure, as previously said, I strongly advise you against coming on the official forum and posting this kind of videos.

Comment

the damage is always closer to someone else, and even if you both fall from the same height the ground would have to to be 100% level which its not s0o0

Comment

You teamed up in a solo game. Then post the results on Epic's forums? ummmm. You did this TWICE. Regardless of your intentions, you are teaming in solo. haha im freaking blown away right now.

Comment

Better experiment: build a base high enough with a hollow structure. Make sure the bottom of the structure is a floor, not land. Break the ceiling and drop. In theory, you will drop at the same time and on the same level.

Comment

I was thinking about this Carnivor, but there might be a problem with latency/ping and even FPS difference,
                  my ping is much higher than my friend which can be main problem - we should play on the same internet which is impossible.

But interesting thing is what happens if we have same amount of FPS, same internet connection (ping) and then fall together on the equal surface - how the game choose a winner then...
                  This situation is almost impossible in normal game, but still very interesting...
                  We will not try this experiments any longer anyways, so it would be nice to hear some explanation from EPIC how it works.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Br4wurek View Post
                    I was thinking about this Carnivor, but there might be a problem with latency/ping and even FPS difference,
                    my ping is much higher than my friend which can be main problem - we should play on the same internet which is impossible.

But interesting thing is what happens if we have same amount of FPS, same internet connection (ping) and then fall together on the equal surface - how the game choose a winner then...
                    This situation is almost impossible in normal game, but still very interesting...
                    We will not try this experiments any longer anyways, so it would be nice to hear some explanation from EPIC how it works.

Cheers
                    How about you just stop? You already killed 4 people together, don't do it again. You cannot draw, it's IMPOSSIBLE.

Comment

There is no programmed event in case of draw, so there are no conditions to trigger said unexisting event, so there can not be draw.

Whoever's "I died" packet reaches the server first loses.
                      Even if they arrive at the same time somehow the server will read one of them first.

Also stop teaming you will likely be banned for it, even if your intentions are "good".
                      The end does not justify the means here.

Comment

Originally posted by PH_007 View Post
                        There is no programmed event in case of draw, so there are no conditions to trigger said unexisting event, so there can not be draw.

Whoever's "I died" packet reaches the server first loses.
                        Even if they arrive at the same time somehow the server will read one of them first.

Also stop teaming you will likely be banned for it, even if your intentions are "good".
                        The end does not justify the means here.

as PH_007 wrote (I agree). It might be impossible to have draw situation for probability to that game mechanic doesn't even have event of DRAW. and I would guess that server side process that checks game status is not asynchronous program that written to handle from multiple process queue (in this case registering events to game status database) and watchdog/event change trigger calls status checking process. In this kind of back-end process it would be possible to have no one alive. If both "dead"-messages would have be passed in same time to the processor and these processes checked that no restrictions to change player alive status haven't met, status of no one alive has been met. This would be of course incredible rare case even if you tried to and I think there even might not be good error handling in this case -> it would lead to game server crashing, no to draw situation. But i might be wrong too. EPIC developers might even has this cover. And actually have this next to impossible rare case when game ends in draw. Kind of Easter Egg. "EPIC DRAW!"

We discussed about this topic with my friends. We were wondering if Epic has covered sanity checking for Kamikaze style end game play. In case of someone has modified their firewall(router/client) to catch udp packets similar only to "I am dead"-messages and added little delay to it say like 100-200ms. If you could kill all remaining enemies with like shooting rocket to your feet. But because you have delayed your death/KO message, you would be ensured to be winner and not dead as server supposedly can tell to client that "no you are not dead, you are last man standing". And I am quoting for example these trick shot kills when you drop down so high that death is sure and you might even end up landing before victory text. This is though only theory by observing game.

I would hope someone from Epic could enlighten us, but I think they wouldn't as that is lead to finding solutions to hacks. And I am telling these theories too that Epic might look into their code and check if these scenarios would be possible and fix them if they are.

Comment

I wouldn't promote or encourage teaming in any way. This is maybe something to try once custom keys are available for general use. Until then, avoid doing this or risk being banned for teaming.
                          Bug Reports: Battle Royale
                          To see currently tracked bugs, posting guidelines and bug reporting format, visit here.
                          For account issues, contact customer support here.

Comment

What if both people were at the same health and same spot as the storm past them and they both let the storms kill them? Would the winner be whoever's death or whatever reached the server faster?

Comment

I might be possible but it would certainly require some kind of teaming. Obviously, you and your partner would have to be the last 2 alive. And then you would build a platform on the ground after you build up high and stand on both corners of the floor get someone to break it and theoretically you would hit the floor at the same time thus dying at the exact same time therefor getting a tie.

Comment

Working...
                              X