What's up with the download speeds?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with the download speeds?

Downloading the new 2.6 GB update and well... it's wack. I get 200+ MB/sec download speed and it's taking 20+ minutes for a 2.6 GB file to download. It's been rising to 30+ minutes as well. Only happens with Fortnite. I literally deleted and downloaded 7 Days to Die in 4 minutes. So confused.

This really shouldn't be happening. Please fix your ****.

Now at 34 minutes and rising! :D

Comment

I've had a very fast download on Xbox One S, however there are most likely around 10 million people at least simultaneously accessing their servers to download the update. Also, if you are still downloading the update, no one can play right now as they have temporarily disabled the ability to play anything. It should be up soon I hope.
      ACspartan31
      Xbox One S

Comment

Now at 40 minutes and rising! :DD

Comment

Now at 55 minutes and rising! :DDD

Comment

I'm confused as to how it'd be a Fortnite issue. Download speed is entirely your own internet. Sure you can download other things glfaster, but you internet can have its moments where it doesn't perform to its normal standards.

I guess the poster that mentioned others downloading all at once could come into play as well, seems like a flaw to me however if that's how Epic is doing updates to their game as it slows down even those with good internet when *insert high number of downloads going on all at once* using that setup.

Regardless youd be doing better than me. Half the time it takes me hours to download just a few GBs of data and days on anything over 50GBs. My internet isn't the best where I live.

Comment

I'm going to assume you are on PS4? There is a known issue with the fortnite updates on PS4. They are always slow although some are definitely a lot worse than others. There has been no announcement of when a fix will be but EPIC have stated a few times that they are working closely with Sony to try and get it rectified. Hopefully it's something they can fix soon.

Comment

I downloaded on my PC in about 10 minutes, 5 hours ago. The PS4, which I started right after PC was finished, still says 100 minutes left. Same connection.

Comment

I'm dying for another update, are you still downloading?

Comment

My internet is fast, and I can download other games at a much higher rate than fortnite. I don't care either way, but figured I would comment to let the person know it isn't just him who's game downloads slow.

Comment

When you first download the game on PS4, what does the second half of the download do? Is it the Battle Royal mode?

Comment

Working...
                      X