X

Fortnite has a language problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite has a language problem

I've noticed this since I started playing about 2 weeks ago and especially today. Sometimes I have to go through many games which can take over an hour if I actually try not to die, to find team mates that speak my language. Way too often it's people speaking Spanish or something else, if anything at all. I'm used to getting this in other games but it's very rare. Here? I feel like I'm playing on a Mexico server, and it's not fun.

¿Qué pasa?

Comment

Maybe you should find a squad on the forums that speak English and use voice chat?

And if you find people in-game who do voice chat in English, you should add them so you can play again

Comment

Originally posted by MischievousSnake View Post
        I've noticed this since I started playing about 2 weeks ago and especially today. Sometimes I have to go through many games which can take over an hour if I actually try not to die, to find team mates that speak my language. Way too often it's people speaking Spanish or something else, if anything at all. I'm used to getting this in other games but it's very rare. Here? I feel like I'm playing on a Mexico server, and it's not fun.
        Let me guess, you‘re from the US? ;)

Comment

The non English doesn't bother me as much as

1. People that it sounds like they are playing the game from a lunchtime cafeteria during construction.
          2. People that never shut up.
          3 People that use a mic when the speakers are turned on and all I can hear is the sound they are making and hearing.
          It's a never ending mute marathon.

I'm with MostlyMorrissey. We have to find some people to play with.

Comment

• MyTeamAlwaysSuck commented
            Editing a comment
            So true and so god **** annoying. That's every fill squad game.

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post

1. People that it sounds like they are playing the game from a lunchtime cafeteria during construction.
          3 People that use a mic when the speakers are turned on and all I can hear is the sound they are making and hearing.

1: lol.
          2: I hear ya
          3: I get this from time to time. It's not the worst but sadly these people seem to usually be on open mic instead of push to talk.

It's also pretty annoying when they are using open mic and talking to people next to them IRL the entire time and not really contributing to the team. It's just rude.

Comment

I play EU servers from London and English is the least spoken language I hear when playing lol.

It's definitely annoying, but can be quite funny at times trying to communicate with single words and picking up clutchy wins.

Comment

I have the same problem, I have tried almost all the servers and all of them seem to be Spanish speaking. Does anyone have a good server recommendation?

Comment

They need some servers based on language.

Even then it mostly won't change anything. People don't talk or go play in an area on their own and die first.

The best are the individuals w/ mics that you can hear their gameplay through their speakers but they never talk

Comment

Wait who actually tries to talk to randoms on fortnite? Hahaha. I'm always in party chat with my friends.

Comment

A ton of people play this game aside from English speakers. Yes, it can end up being a problem with a language barrier in teams, but to write off non-English speakers as a burden on your team is wild. Because you're just as much of a burden to them. It's on you to squad up with people in the lobby if you want a consistent experience.

Comment

Use the forums as much as possible if you want English-Speakers. Besides that, the other things are sadly necessary, and are really just an annoyance to mute or listen to.

Comment

Nope, you're 100% right. Every single time I fill for duo or squads it's nothing, but 12 year old open mic mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post

Ha! So it's not just me?

Comment

I counted, I played 20 games 18 of them (duos) were either spanish speaking, some other language I dont really understand, no mics, and annoying little kids. Only 2 were mature english speakers. I play on Na East and it is very annoying

Comment

Working...
                            X