X

Boogie bomb lasts way too long?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boogie bomb lasts way too long?

From what I counted the boogie bomb lasts for about 10 seconds! That seems really powerful since the person is unable to do anything but move around. Let me know what you guys think about the new item.

Also, I would really appreciate it if you check out my video about the boogie bomb and the new "high explosives" gamemode coming soon!

Yeah, another OP item to add to the game that shortens the skill gap. Disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post
      Yeah, another OP item to add to the game that shortens the skill gap. Disappointed.
      It is very powerful! But you do only find one at a time and it's pretty rare if you find one in a game it seems. Also it takes up a space and is kind of awkward to hold on to. But when it's used right it is definitely super powerful. I feel like they might nerf this and make the time that someone is stuck dancing a little less because 10 seconds is a really long time to be left vulnerable.

Comment

Originally posted by AG_Carnivor View Post
        While i genuinely think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what Fortnite is, aims to be, and will be, i do think the Boogie Bomb effect lasts too long. As always I think its best to wait a few days and not just make a gut reaction, but let it actually have an effect on the meta, but my initial impression is that this is a bit too strong. It is important to note that this is early access, we are the test bed. Its very likely Epic are aware of potential issues but are putting it out there to get feedback and make changes accordingly.

I think having it be reduced to a 5-6 second dance (its currently 10) where you have to mash the jump/fire buttons to reduce it to about 3-4 seconds could make it a little more interesting? That way you're also kind of hopping around and hard to shoot, and makes it a little more interactive to be on the reviving end, and up the rarity to rare or even epic.
        Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 12-23-2017, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacob Armitage View Post

While i genuinely think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of what Fortnite is, aims to be, and will be, i do think the Boogie Bomb effect lasts too long. As always I think its best to wait a few days and not just make a gut reaction, but let it actually have an effect on the meta, but my initial impression is that this is a bit too strong. It is important to note that this is early access, we are the test bed. Its very likely Epic are aware of potential issues but are putting it out there to get feedback and make changes accordingly.

I think having it be reduced to a 5-6 second dance (its currently 10) where you have to mash the jump/fire buttons to reduce it to about 3-4 seconds could make it a little more interesting? That way you're also kind of hopping around and hard to shoot, and makes it a little more interactive to be on the reviving end, and up the rarity to rare or even epic.
          Well come 2018, the skill gap will ultimately widen once the new shooting model is implemented. This along with tournaments coming out, I think my argument is quite valid.

Comment

Are people really butthurt over the boogie bomb?

I'm sorry guys but the B.B. is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen on a video game. So far I have used it once and it's been used on me once out of about 20 matches. I don't think it's that critical. And disrespectful? I would think shooting people with snipers from across the map and shotgunning someone to the face.... Etc... Just play the game!

Comment

I have laughed my **** off with this thing sofar. It's over the top hilarious. The balance is a bit in the part that hitting it is actually not THAT easy unless you are close, as the active radius is not overly huge. It's a rare find and will only be used once as finding a second one hasn't happend in over 25-30 games. I don't see how this is any more powerful then getting rocket shotgunned in the face. Walls also block the explosive radius asfar as i noticed. Also you can run so aslong you where not trying to kiss your opponent so run jump and hide while getting down to the boogie (well hiding won't be easy with the big disco globe/music but w/e).

Maybe a bit lower duration would be ok, but then again if they make it less powerful people are most likely going to ignore them just like they ignore the smokes 90% of the time. I had to give up a slot of my already limited 5 for a good laugh and a kill maybe 2, whereas a rocket launcher would haven given me multiple with less effort. It's powerful yes, but then again hitting a sniper headshot has no counterplay to it once it hits, the nade has counterplay in the form of running once it hits.

Overall it's a good addition and should most likely stay strong if it doesn't want to be ignored.
              Last edited by Animo.Rawrzory; 12-24-2017, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I just wish getting damaged cancelled the effect. It's just too easy when you have 10 whole secs to kill a guy that can't do anything.

Comment

If it was an RPG you'd be dead.
                  With a shorter duration I don't think I'd consider picking it up unless my precious 5 slots aren't filled.

Comment

Originally posted by 88Infamous View Post
                    If it was an RPG you'd be dead.
                    With a shorter duration I don't think I'd consider picking it up unless my precious 5 slots aren't filled.
                    In my instant, I boogie bombed 3 out of 4 people, shotgunned the 4th, and rpg'd the 3. Pretty easy.

Comment

The bomb is way to strong, the fact that I get stunned and have literally no way to defend myself for what feels like 5 seconds is so dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by username_jp View Post
                        I just wish getting damaged cancelled the effect. It's just too easy when you have 10 whole secs to kill a guy that can't do anything.
                        I agree with the damage cancelling it. Also I think it should only last about 5 seconds or so. That would make it more fair I think.

Comment

It seems fine to me. You only have 1 per drop so that's a real hit-or-miss deal. Besides, rocket launchers can kill unshielded enemies instantly at close range, and there are a lot of them.

It's not always possible, but if you're hit by a boogie bomb in your own base, having constructed a base layout that allows you to move about while the enemy doesn't know the layout can let you evade them while the dance time expires. The typical 1x1 dugout obviously won't cut it for this, so this encourages larger, more navigable bases.

But seriously, this is like a rocket that doesn't even do damage immediately and which you only have 1 of. It's not broken. If you're going to nerf it, nerf rockets too. It's almost the same, it just appears to be causing more rage. I would change its rarity to blue or epic though. Green doesn't seem to reflect its drop chance anyway, and makes it harder to differentiate from smokes and minishields on the ground.

Comment

I think 10 second duration is OK, but just like the bush, taking damage needs to cancel its effect.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac921 View Post
                              Are people really butthurt over the boogie bomb?

I'm sorry guys but the B.B. is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen on a video game.
                              Are you 12?

Comment

Working...
                              X