PC/XBox Duo partnering

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• PC/XBox Duo partnering

I'm on PC and my 10 year old wants to play Duo with me. He's on Xbox, on a different internet connection. Is it possible to make this happen? How would we go about it?

Thanks in advance.

cross play is only available for pc/ps4 iirc at the moment well when i say cross play you have to do it a certain way to get it to work,
    Last edited by ShamUK; 12-29-2017, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Oh, so not possible then? I’ll have to break the bad news to him...

Thanks.

Comment

its silly to be honest dont see why they cant do it with pc/xbox

Comment

Originally posted by ShamUK View Post
          its silly to be honest dont see why they cant do it with pc/xbox
          They can do it. It was possible at one point earlier this year.

Microsoft didn't agree with it, hence EPIC had to disable the feature.

Comment

what you are referring to was when ps4 and xbox could play together for a few hours and it was sony who nixed it not MS, epic games rolled out a new update and accidently clicked the button to merge both, i remember the article about it where epic said it was never hard to do in the first place, its like a web browser they click whatever buttons ps4/pc/xbox and reboot server and presto all can play together.

as this is what was said

“We had a configuration issue and it has now been corrected,” the spokesperson said.

This is unusual because, while Microsoft opened the Xbox platform to cross-platform play last year beginning with Rocket League, Sony has been resistant to letting PlayStation 4 gamers share an ecosystem with Xbox One.

This June, Psyonix, the makers of Rocket League, said that cross platform play between the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 was feasible but “PlayStation has not yet granted us permission.” Sony later ruled out cross-platform play with Minecraft on the Xbox One as well. A top executive implied that Sony was against it because the company couldn’t assure the online safety of its customers playing with users moderated by another platform. Xbox head Phil Spencer rejected that explanation. “I don’t know why that has to become the dialogue,” he said. “Like, that doesn’t seem healthy for anyone.”

Xbox head Phil Spencer continues to advocate for opening up consoles to cross-platform play. Asked by a Twitter user for his thoughts on the temporary availability of PS4/Xbox One play in Fortnite, after Epic shut off the feature, Spencer replied, “I would have liked to see them leave it on.”

Last edited by ShamUK; 12-29-2017, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X