Silenced pistol: nerf

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Silenced pistol: nerf

honestly that thing is ridiculous. It’s epic minimum and has a drop rate of a common item? Just today I’ve got my hands on it from pick ups almost more than i have a scar. Also the damage per shot is crazy and seems to fire quicker than a normal pistol.

Originally posted by ALOsman47 View Post
    honestly that thing is ridiculous. It’s epic minimum and has a drop rate of a common item? Just today I’ve got my hands on it from pick ups almost more than i have a scar. Also the damage per shot is crazy and seems to fire quicker than a normal pistol.
    The fire rate is the same as the other pistols, the silenced hits for 26 and 28 damage respectively meaning it takes 4 none critical shots to drop an opponent and 8 to drop a fully shielded one, that's the exact same amount of bullets as the blue pistol takes to down someone (grey and green are 5 hits no shield, 9 for fully shielded). The TTK on pistols has always been low, people underestimate them.

Give it a few days, you're just encountering it a lot as people are playing with the new toy, see if it actually has any effect on the meta before making a gut reaction and crying nerf or OP. Remember everyone freaking out about the bush?
    Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 01-02-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

It changes nothing, gun is trash. Late game meta is still the same. In a game where building wins games sneaking around just gets you killed IMO. I would rather people know where i am in a fort with height advantage compared to not having cover behind me in a bush or a tree.

Only way the gun will be useful is if they make a smaller map with more confined areas like buildings and tunnels. In a open map like FNBR stealth isn't that great. Maybe the new shooting mode will change things.

Comment

Wow really? The gun has been out for not even a day and you're asking for a nerf? LOL

Comment

It's the only pistol worth a **** because of the silencer. Can't say the same about the smg though...

Comment

• TxsPhotog commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I like the silenced pistol.

Silenced pistol = 26HP
          Scoped rifle (purple) = 24HP
          ...okay, Epic

Comment

It seems almost perfect to me so far. Very happy with how it preforms and feels. It's not game breaking, but at the same time I can see myself picking it up. The only thing that might need a slight adjustment is the drop rate.

Comment

i love it, but it will probably get a nerf and be useless. l

Comment

Its fine.I have no beef

Comment

Its **** would never be picked up except first weapon

Comment

Originally posted by gilley89 View Post
                    Its **** would never be picked up except first weapon
                    We are seeing some professional players use it, Ninja passing up SCAR's to run it and Daktoaz saying its the best weapon in the game currently. I'm not saying i agree, but those are players speaking highly of it, i'm sure some of that is excitement at the viability of a new weapon, but the key word there is viable, which it clearly is.
                    Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 01-03-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

It's fine for me too, If anything that thing proves that the scoped rifle needs a buff.
                      Any plans on a silenced rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by Da Pepa View Post
                        Silenced pistol = 26HP
                        Scoped rifle (purple) = 24HP
                        ...okay, Epic
                        Originally posted by dillhappen View Post
                        It's fine for me too, If anything that thing proves that the scoped rifle needs a buff.
                        Any plans on a silenced rifle?
                        The Scoped AR did have a 33% damage nerf from when it was introduced.
                        Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 01-03-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

I feel the low damage of the scoped AR is due to it having no bloom, but it also uses projectiles, so unless you have flawless aim and can perfectly predict enemy's movements, you're better off with a bloomed hitscan.

I tried the pistol one game, and I actually do like it. It's definitely not a SCAR, but it's pretty neat.

Comment

I'm pretty sure scoped AR has bloom and is hitscan.

Comment

Working...
                            X