X

Why is this game so unfair to me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is this game so unfair to me

The past 20 games no joke, ive been the first one to die, i get shot out of the air when i come down, I find a gun but it does barley any dmg and i get killed instantly, and most games I cant find any loot. What am I doing wrong.

Try landing in less populated areas, don't always rush to engage. I'm sure there are some good YouTube videos that have some beginner tips if you're just starting out, i know Dakotaz just put out a Pro Tips video, i've not watched it myself but it might be helpful. And just realize we all have a bad streak sometimes.
    Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 01-03-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Learn how to dive when you're falling so that you're not late to the party when you're landing. Be observant of who is dropping around you and like Jacob said, go to more rural areas. The further away from the bus the better off you'll be 99% of the time.

Comment

Try not to drop in towns unless you're confidant in your aim and reflexes. Other than that, you just need to be able to take a head-on fight sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by ToastMcToast View Post
          The past 20 games no joke, ive been the first one to die, i get shot out of the air when i come down, I find a gun but it does barley any dmg and i get killed instantly, and most games I cant find any loot. What am I doing wrong.
          You can't play this game like your typical FPS.

Comment

Until you get use to the bullet bloom and fast at landing and looting try to aim for some of the houses outside of the major areas.There are some houses north of pleasant and south of fatal that see very little traffic most of the time.

Comment

If you're struggling to land and get guns, this video should help to keep you alive through the initial combat stage
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwvuAxZCBU

Comment

If you are getting shot out of the sky, you are doing something wrong. I have never even been shot AT while I was still in the sky. Are you opening the glider as soon as you come out or well before you need to? I can't think of any other reason you would be getting shot at coming down, unless you are jumping out and then going backwards, where players have already landed?

I don't know man, sounds like you need to learn the map a little better maybe? Land in those spots that not a lot of people land at, get some loot, and then move into more populated areas. My favorite area is south of Fatal Fields, heading towards Moisty Mire. Especially if it is nowhere near the bus path. Hardly anyone lands back here, and there are several broken houses with chests, and a few on top of those weird car structure things, sometimes in the back of a trailer nearby, and Moisty Mire is rarely fully looted, if at all, when I make it there. Sometimes I don't see anyone at all back there.

As for the guns, I understand what you mean. I hit a guy with a blue tac shotty from above, aimed directly at his head (He was not moving at all, and I was on top of a ramp he had built, he was at the bottom, like he had just fallen off of it or something), pulled the trigger, and it popped up "0"... WTH?? So I immediately fired again, hit him in the back (he was jumping at this point) and got a something like "14" dmg. He turns, hits me with 1 shot (with what I later find out is a green tac shotty), takes 50 shield and a few points from my health as well... Doesn't make any sense.

Comment

The game is just ****

Comment

Originally posted by TonsorialChief View Post
                    The game is just ****
                    stfu if ur gonna comment something comment a tip cuz no one cares.

Anyways I would try landing some where near the end of the path of the bus. Maybe go to some of the small houses that aren’t named and then try to find someone to pick off. Or you can also go to somewhere super populated like tilted towers and get a weapon to practice your skills. As far as landing goes try to start your glider a decent distance away from you target so you don’t have to hover over it and you can be immediately there.

Comment

Originally posted by Blikkyy View Post

stfu if ur gonna comment something comment a tip cuz no one cares.

Anyways I would try landing some where near the end of the path of the bus. Maybe go to some of the small houses that aren’t named and then try to find someone to pick off. Or you can also go to somewhere super populated like tilted towers and get a weapon to practice your skills. As far as landing goes try to start your glider a decent distance away from you target so you don’t have to hover over it and you can be immediately there.
                      Don't be rude.

Comment

No kidding, I go to retail row and then when I encounter a person the bloom & spread mechanics screw me over in the fight and I lose this shooter is more about luck and what loot you get than skill as far as I've expierienced.

Comment

Originally posted by SpaghettiYos View Post
                          What about me? It isn't fair
                          I've had enough, now I want my share
                          Can't you see, I want to live
                          But you just take more than you give

What about me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8

lmao this song is just perfect for you and Fortnite. :D
                          Last edited by Fortuna Belli; 07-16-2018, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Now where to begin? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well it all starts on the bus and planning your landing. I.e. aiming to time your launch and when open the chute. Usually means trying to open the chute at the lowest point in the area intended to land at. Therefore x fingers will be landing before most other players in the same area. It takes some planning and practice with a variety of bus routes to get the feel for it. The general advice is launching about a square away from your intended landing spot, see some youtube videos how to time your launch. Note sometimes not a direct path eg you might follow some of the rivers to aim to launch the chute at the lowest destination. Also, keep an eye out how many are landing in the same area as you might need to divert for a plan B.

A good way to practice is in 50v50 landing with a group of teammates where the aim is to beat them to the loot before they snatch most of it. :D Good Luck!
                            Last edited by Fortuna Belli; 07-16-2018, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X