X

Friendly Fire - Disabled

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly Fire - Disabled

We’ve received a lot of feedback on this subject, and it’s something we’ve been watching closely. Today we’re making a change in an attempt to reduce team killing in Fortnite Battle Royale.

Starting immediately, we’re going to disable friendly fire. This change will not require a client update.

We understand that when players abuse friendly fire it can be an incredibly frustrating experience. However, we also recognize that friendly fire encourages thoughtful play and careful tactics. The impact of this change will be closely monitored, and in the case that those tactics are too negatively affected we may evaluate other methods of reducing team killing.

Let us know your thoughts!

Literally first time posting on here to respond to this. I know it is a bummer when people get killed by their squad mates on purpose, but this is taking away a key component of the game. I can now have an extremely aggressive push while my teammates raid rockets on me and nothing happens. I feel this is taking away a special sauce of this game, taking away key communication skills and making it much more hand holding.

Comment

I think it should only be disabled when the no fill is selected.

Comment

Getting team killed is annoying yes, but we need it in the game. It's just one of those little things we hate but love.

Comment

It is really frustrating to be killed by an ally on purpose, I tell you from my own experience, in a week playing every day, I was killed at least 4 times a day.

But turning off this feature is like taking the spice out of a good "Curry". (Sorry for my bad English, not my main language).
          Last edited by IIDeFFII; 01-13-2018, 05:10 PM.
          Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.
          IIDeFFII PS4

Comment

I don't agree either, team killer must be delt with for sure, but turning off friendly fire undermine the strategies and will lead to some messed up assaults like one above me said. We'll see.

Comment

imo removing friendly fire takes away a competitive feel to the game,
              so imo return friendly fire

Comment

The best way to deal with teamkillers is:

When you get teamkilled, there is a button on the spectator screen that says "Punish" (or something like that). And when that button is pressed, the teamkiller gets killed.

Sure this will not end the trollers, but it will end the more serious players that teamkill for items or for something else. The teamkill report should be the same and not automatic when you press the button. (I knew a few friends that will press that button for fun when a accident happens)

Comment

Rocket and nade spamming while teammate pushes, this will break the game.....

Comment

If anyone from this site wants to add me on PS4 its: Drakan17088

Comment

if ur teammate had less then 30 health u coud shoot him down and then revive him to get his health to 30

Comment

The correct way to go about this is to make team damage reflect back at the attacker. This will stop team killing while ensuring there is still a penalty for team damage.

Comment

Turn Friendly Fire Back On! Restore order to the game! Until that time, exploit the lack of friendly fire and make videos of how it breaks our game!

Comment

You make a tweet and a numbered release for the Cozy Campfire, but when you alter the entire dynamic of the game by dropping friendly we get no heads up, no tweet, no nothin? Please restore the game!
                          Last edited by IdolCrasher; 01-13-2018, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Its wrong, report and ban...or...
                            shadow Play like (you make a big giveaway/Highlight Battle)

teamkill will auto. record (before/After) report from dead player (1 hour ban, day ban, Week ban, month ban, lifetime ban)

look like Cs Go overwatch, thats nice system to kick troller, Hacker and idiots from the game.

sry for my bad english ????

Comment

Working...
                            X