Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems With Building

I said stairs, not a wall...

Some players may notice issues with building the wrong type of structure when quickly switching between different types. We are aware of this and investigating the cause. Once we have more information we'll update everyone.

Yes I've been having this alot
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Also squad fill toggle is broken again. Reverts to fill every time.

Comment

Regarding building, I'm occasionally not able to edit building pieces multiple times, but sometimes I can.

Really impressed by your team's work on the game. Thanks for being so involved with the community!

Comment

To be honest this has been an issue on Xbox for some time. Just not this bad. Always affected weapon cycling, inventory, and building.
          Yeah great work btw. You guys communicate better that anyone.

Comment

Also did not get credit for my challenges last night. I'm on Xbox one X btw.
            This corrected itself
            Last edited by Schmo13; 01-31-2018, 08:40 AM.

Comment

thanks for letting us know youre aware. schmo i think youre also experiencing input lag i have a ps4 pro and sometimes when i build fast i lay a floor instead of stairs. pretty effing annoying

Comment

I’ve been having the same problem it’s like I can’t even play the game anymore it’s that bad. Please fix this ASAP

Comment

Pleases fix this ASAP, this issue is starting to be really frustrating for me as it has gotten me killed numerous times ( I play with the reset building choice option. For example : when i switch from stairs to wall by double tapping Q quickly i should be reset to wall but it stays on stairs. In situations where there isn't enough space for stairs to be built it gets me killed) this has only starting happening since the chugjug update. It's good to see that the devs have noticed it though.

Comment

PLEASE add too us being able to change the layout order of building, I use mouse wheel and being able to make my layout Wall/Stairs/Floor and let me take out roof so its not a choice. This would change my game play in a huge way. Thanks Epic.

Comment

Please fix this as soon as possible. Can't even play the game because building is so messed up on the PS4 and keep dying because I keep trying to build some stairs and it randomly chooses another option. Keep us updated on this!!

Comment

Hey Fortnite, I've got a suggestion. Instead of leaving the servers on and making it hard to fix bugs and issues because you have to deal with servers, just close them for a day! People will be upset at first, but when they get on the next day, they will be happy. So, shut off the servers for a day or two, and fix the bugs. The unfixed bugs will tick people off more than not playing for a day. Take your pick, Fortnite.

Comment

Major problem needs fixing ASAP, playing squads last night and all 4 of us were getting this issue in every game.

Comment

The same happens with weapons. If you for example want to replace a weapon in a hurry and you quickly switch from your main gun to the gun you want to replace and pick up the new gun, it usually drops the main gun instead. I'm pretty sure this is a lag related issue but I'm not an expert...

Also, this building issue got me killed, and I blamed myself! I tried to build stairs so I could kill someone from above but instead I built a pyramid and gracefully got shot in the face.
                            Last edited by Stubbs000; 01-29-2018, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I hope this is priority 1. It's absolutely game breaking. While you're at it can we please have customization of the build menu. I want stairs next to wall, building floors is so rare in the heat of the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X