X

Does the storm seem too aggressive now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the storm seem too aggressive now?

My duo buddy and I have observed the storm is being constantly adjusted, but whatever they did recently (the last patch or two) kills the gameplay for players who go to the outskirts. Our regular strat is to go as far away from the bus path as possible, but we aren't able to make the runs anymore. One of my games today I dumped a full stack of 15 bandages on the second shrink to make it out of the storm with 7hp and it immediately started moving again.

Is it just us, or have the latest changes gone too far in the wrong direction?

They haven't made any changes to the storm u guys just need to keep an eye on the time n move sooner that's one of the problems with going on the outskirts is ur gonna have a far runs

Comment

One thing I definately noticed is that wherever me and my squad drop, the storm will most likely be all the way on the other side of the map. Once we get there, the zone will once again be all the way on the other side of the map. No matter where we go, we are gonna be forced to keep running lol
      Now this is a story all about how Fortnite got flip turned upside down,
      And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there,
      I'll tell you all about the release of BR in September.

First Play Date: 21st July 2017(Pre Order Bonus)

-----Day 0 Player-----

Comment

• PH_007 commented
        Editing a comment
        That's me every game lol.
        The storm hates me

It's just luck, if you need to cover hsld the map then set off a little earlier. Those games where you are constantly running are a pain, they happen though.

Comment

The only adjustment I wish they would make with the storm is that the entire circle is on the map. I hate when the first circle is half on the map half in the ocean effectively making it half the size it's meant to be.

Comment

• Vidi Vici Veni commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, or they could allow us to swim? Lol
          That will open up a new version of bush camping

Its just you they havent adjusted the storm

Comment

The storm is just as much a survival component. Your strat forgoes initial confrontation for the sake of looting the outskirts of the island with minimal contact until your set, but the winners of other towns are in better position to set up for the next stage despite more opposition in the initial confrontation.

Comment

Just bad locations. I play with my main group often, and last night all we picked were spawns that were far away from the circle.

Comment

I have noticed everyone landing at tilted towers because its in the middle which is just stupid because it makes the game completely unbalanced for those who want to land outside of the middle also, i don't get why half the circle sometimes is hanging over the ocean? whats the point of that when a huge chunk of circle could actually be on the fkn map, it goes to show how poorly made this game is, i get the graphics are supposed to excite 5 year old kids but i didn't think the dev team where 5 year olds also.

Comment

i don't get why everyones argument for landing on the outside is that you get too loot without too many enemies, why land anywhere on the outside when you can just land and tilted towers and camp there for the whole game

Comment

https://prnt.sc/id54fd
                  Today's game.^
                  Basically I had a building battle outside of Salty springs are after I killed the 1st player,I had 4 others rushing me,each of them forcing another building battle,lasting a total of several minutes.Not to mention healing in-between battles.I've spent 30 sec just on chug jug's.I'd die there if I didn't had a jump pad.Even with jump pad Storm took about 50 of my health.Healed,ran into another 3-4 players all at a small area.Had to kill all of them,and as an reward for actually clutching out fights in this game,you get to die on most tilting way possible.
                  I guess I'd be okay with dying to storm if I've landed at moisty mire or junk junction or some other outskirt area of the map,but I've landed at factories next to Dusty which is almost in a middle of the map.Worst is,its not a 1st time this happened,other players just force you to stay on same place for ages by rushing you.
                  Another thing is,if you want to survive storm you have to rush in towards it immediately not being able to rush players if you spot them which legit SUCKS.Dunno what's the point of a battle royal game if you can't chase kills...running simulator?
                  And no,I can't just avoid fights,1st reason is if I have to avoid fights in this game then I'm quitting it as there's no point of playing it anymore and 2nd,I get shot at and I can't just run away cos I'll get gunned down from the back.

Comment

So... You basically throw a tantrum because you make wrong decisions by running into the next possible fight instead of playing smart and avoid a fight every now and then?
                    i mean honestly, if it's true what you wrote there, you must be a good player if it comes to fights. But you definitely lack a sense for when you should take a fight.

They did nothing to the storm, since the beginning of BR it's just like you described: Forcing players to move or take the penality. The storm kills people who take to long. And the storm doesn't care if you are looting, killing or simple are unable to manage their time.
                    In the end, the K/D doesn't count. You can kill 80 players and still loose to that one guy who sat in a bush right behind you, who sat there since the beginning of the game, doing absolutely nothing.
                    BR is about surviving the whole thing, not to kill the most players.

Comment

Nimassus If only this is a hide and seek game as you obviously play it...The moment I have to avoid fights in this game is the moment I'm quiting it.Also,if you read my whole post,it was clearly stated that people were picking up a fight on me not the other way around...

Comment

Bromdex - How does avoiding fights to keep from dying (or taking a lot of damage) in the storm "playing hide and seek"??? That is called playing smart... It would be stupid to take up fights with people if it meant dying to the storm, or having to run a long way in the storm, not knowing if you can make it. If you only care about kills, go play COD or something, because that isn't the main objective here. The main objective is surviving and being the last one left. You can do it with zero kills, or 30 kills. It doesn't matter either way. "Chasing kills" isn't the name of the game when it comes to Battle Royale games.

That being said, back to the topic... Yes, the circle can screw you. So can other players. That's why you need to be constantly aware of where the circle is, and make smart decisions. You run the risk of being super far away from the circle if you drop on the outskirts. It is a risk/reward type of thing. You may be able to loot in peace, but you may have to run. Don't want those long runs? Don't drop on the edge of the map. If you run into someone who wants to start a big building battle as the circle is closing in, it sucks. They are probably someone who isn't very good at the game, and just trying to get an easy kill as you are running away from them, or someone who has loads of meds to make it to the circle regardless. This can't really be helped, as you will always have players that do this. In certain spots you could just run and build, run and build, until you get to the circle, and pick them off as they are coming in themselves. Other times you may get screwed. It happens. The circle is fine as is.

Comment

Bromdex yeah, I play it kinda like hide and seek. If nobody sees me, I won't take any damage. And I'm good at it, from all of my solo matches, there are less than 10 in which I didn't reach the top 10.
                          So... It obviously works.
                          It's not like I hope everyone kills each other and I would be the last survivor. It's more like I follow someone like you and pick up your leftovers or kill whoever killed you, since they probably have no shields or low health left.

What I have seen, the circle is actually a little buggy: the damage pings are inconsistent at times. Instead of continually giving players damage, we saw it ping for like 1 damage, a second later for two but right after that again for 1 which makes a total of 3. And I've seen players who don't have that problem through by spectating them after I died. This just doesn't seem right but I'm sure it's just a bug.

Comment

Working...
                          X