done with RNG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• done with RNG

Why is this game so bloody random? its just impossible to rely on skills if its random where the friggin bullets go.
    Only weapon that works is the sniper...rest is just random and you cant rely on them.

Just now i 1hitted someone doing more than 100 dmg even tho my aim was WAAAAY off....i wasnt even close with my crosshair. And the opposite happens allot aswell....perfect aim, 9 damage.

BLOOM....one moment I aim and perfectly hit my shots and almost easily kill someone. 1 moment later you aim just as before and every single shot misses. Makes no sense.
    Couple matches ago I tried sniping someone from about 150m away (its a estimate from my earlier experience in distances when sniping) I sadly hit the body and he didnt die.....he sees me shoots me with gray AR and manages to take away 100 HP and 100 shield before i could even reload. At that moment im like: WTF did bloom even exsist for him? My shots most of the time dont even land when im 20meter away, but he manages to do this over 100m+ and every bullet hits....yeaa makes sense :( (now if he had a SCAR..i would have understood, but i chased him for a while and he had a simple gray AR)

Cover-----wow this is such a joke. the amounts of spot in this map that gives other people advantage simply because for instance the net of goals---> the player taking cover CAN NOT shoot through the net...all he does is damage the net/goal. the other player can just simply shoot like there isnt even is a goal/net ''COVER''. Same goes for fences, certain tree leaves, bushes, everything that can provide cover,mostly works from 1 side only. JUST ****

Fall damage. This is something im not entirely sure of, but close to 100%. At a certain point, you get experience of where you can jump without taking damage or take minor damage. There are times I all of a sudden get damage at spots that normaly let me slide down without taking any damage at all. Even had it once that I died from sliding down where i never took damage before.

I can go on and on about what is random in this game, but its easier to point out the only thing that isnt; Sniper! Rest is random as ****.

In other games I can easily adapt to the mechanics within a couple hours of playing. By then you know this weapon got bullet drop, aima bit higher....this weapon only got this and that range, soo you learn to estimate distance...the other weapon have a bit of recoil to the left so while shooting you need to compensate.
    WHY in this game it doesnt work like this. Its like every weapon got multiple spreads,bloom,distance,dmg possiblitys and for me its impossible to adapt even after this time ive spent tryin to do so.

*end of rant

Can we just all flag this? DUDE, there's a test going on RIGHT NOW that is testing a new shooting model where your shots are far more accurate and if you're standing still instead of moving around while you aim your first shot has perfect accuracy. You outts know this, it's been in the game several days now. Long enough for it to be changed once already.

Comment

Originally posted by KingPopinLockin View Post
      Can we just all flag this? DUDE, there's a test going on RIGHT NOW that is testing a new shooting model where your shots are far more accurate and if you're standing still instead of moving around while you aim your first shot has perfect accuracy. You outts know this, it's been in the game several days now. Long enough for it to be changed once already.
      Taking too long, frustration builds up every match i play. (and im very sure im not the only one with this problem)
      Great they might make changes to shooting RNG....still have the doublepump exploit, cover that works from 1 side only, the insanly bad distribution of items across the map. (i keep having matches where i run minutes, house after house where i find WOODWOODWOODWOOD and some more fkin wood and get killed cus even after raiding multiple houses i still dont have a weapon.

This game could be so nice if they worked out these **** before giving early acces. You all have fun with it...icame to the point where I feel my time is wasted here and dont feel like waiting for updates. (at this pace it will take a year to fix all the ****)

Comment

Originally posted by KingPopinLockin View Post
        No, stfu... his argument is valid. The RNG shooting is stupid. REALLY stupid. I can't tell you how many times I should have won because my cross hair was on point but... BLOOM BLOOM BLOOM BLOOM.

Also, the new shooting tests sucks and is not good enough. They need a skill based shooting system.

And on top of that... this double pump ******** is f'n infuriating. Ohhhhhh you got me because you're using an exploit in the game that the devs won't remove.... good for you... cheater.

Comment

If devs don't acknowledge it's a exploit don't you dare call it one. It's been long enough that if devs wanted it gone it would be.

As far as the op, just quit the game bro. You clearly don't enjoy it. Battle Royale is alot of rng no.matter what the devs do it will.still have elements of it.

So just quit already.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by b3e9 View Post
            If devs don't acknowledge it's a exploit don't you dare call it one. It's been long enough that if devs wanted it gone it would be.

As far as the op, just quit the game bro. You clearly don't enjoy it. Battle Royale is alot of rng no.matter what the devs do it will.still have elements of it.

So just quit already.

Thanks

LOLLOLOL it's not an exploit because the devs don't acknowledge it. Except they have, they just haven't done anything about it. Just because they don't do anything about it doesn't mean that using a tactic that bypasses reloading (a game mechanic) isn't an exploit.
            Last edited by TrannyMcBaggins; 02-09-2018, 01:54 PM.

Comment

So just quit already.

Thanks
              Imbecile stat's that's telling me to quit.

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/b3e9

My stats.

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/TrannyMcBaggins

Just shut up pleb... you're so terrible you don't even know what you're talking about.

Comment

Just because devs haven't acknowledge it as an exploit doesn't mean it's not. Perhaps they will come out and say "Yeah, it's fine" but it's still an exploit. Just saying.

Comment

I get the frustration over the RNG, but skill still matters. Otherwise, you wouldn't have these streamers steamrolling folks on a regular basis. Does it suck missing a lot of shots? Sure it does. For everyone. You just have to learn to counter it.

The RNG as far as loot goes could use some work though. A few days ago I would have just said you had a bad run, but it has happened to me more often now, where it takes multiple houses to find an actual gun. Landed in Pleasant Park last night, there was no chest on the field or in the middle, so I hit the house with the tree it in. It normally has 1-2 chests. It had zero.... A couple of the rooms had nothing in them at all. Left with a medkit, some ammo, and wood. Went to the one next door, only weapon was a crossbow from the attic chest. The rest was just ammo, material, and shields. Went to a 3rd house, finally got a gun, and it was just a simple grey SMG. Also got a 'nade launcher. So in 3 houses, opening 2 chests and looting the entire houses, I came out with a medkit, full shields, a nade launcher, and a grey SMG.... The next match, I landed in Retail, and found 2 Scars, a green pump, mini shields, a full shield, a medkit, and a rocket launcher in the same house... Just strange.

I agree wholeheartedly on the "cover" portion though. There are trees you can shoot out of, but not into. You can shoot through the blue portion of your brick builds, but not the other person. I was killed by a sniper this way last night. I could see him behind the blue part, but not over it. He shot through the blue, and headshot me.

The game needs some work, sure. It is still really fun, and I am getting steadily better. I had 2 wins in solo last night (tripling my total solo wins...) in the LTM, which apparently don't count??? So that sucks.
                  Last edited by unsub333; 02-09-2018, 02:08 PM.

Comment

What were you using to damage? Because if it's a shotgun, as long as 1 pellet hits the head, it counts as a headshot.

As far as cover goes. If you can...shoot the cover? And if you can't, provide a distraction and move. It's very easy to fool someone and getting the kill.

Fall damage works as velocity. I believe if you're dragging down the mountain (dirt trail), it counts.

They are doing a shooting test, or did. And it does work better than it does currently. Personally, I'm hoping for a recoil addition, but as someone said above, it doesn't look like you're enjoying the game, so why play it?

Comment

Why did they even have to run a test just implement the fixes to this broken game?

Comment

Originally posted by Indomitable1 View Post
                        Why did they even have to run a test just implement the fixes to this broken game?
                        They are going to do multiple tests to make sure they get it right. I.e done properly so they won't need to change again. Patience.

Comment

Originally posted by TrannyMcBaggins View Post

Imbecile stat's that's telling me to quit.

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/b3e9

My stats.

https://fortnitetracker.com/profile/pc/TrannyMcBaggins

Just shut up pleb... you're so terrible you don't even know what you're talking about.
                          LMAO

He wasn't telling you to quit, OP stands for Original Poster or the guy who started the thread.

I completely agree on the DP exploit and I do dare call it that because that's what it is!

Comment

Originally posted by Kopkaasje View Post
                            Why is this game so bloody random? its just impossible to rely on skills if its random where the friggin bullets go.
                            Only weapon that works is the sniper...rest is just random and you cant rely on them.

Just now i 1hitted someone doing more than 100 dmg even tho my aim was WAAAAY off....i wasnt even close with my crosshair. And the opposite happens allot aswell....perfect aim, 9 damage.

BLOOM....one moment I aim and perfectly hit my shots and almost easily kill someone. 1 moment later you aim just as before and every single shot misses. Makes no sense.
                            Couple matches ago I tried sniping someone from about 150m away (its a estimate from my earlier experience in distances when sniping) I sadly hit the body and he didnt die.....he sees me shoots me with gray AR and manages to take away 100 HP and 100 shield before i could even reload. At that moment im like: WTF did bloom even exsist for him? My shots most of the time dont even land when im 20meter away, but he manages to do this over 100m+ and every bullet hits....yeaa makes sense :( (now if he had a SCAR..i would have understood, but i chased him for a while and he had a simple gray AR)

Cover-----wow this is such a joke. the amounts of spot in this map that gives other people advantage simply because for instance the net of goals---> the player taking cover CAN NOT shoot through the net...all he does is damage the net/goal. the other player can just simply shoot like there isnt even is a goal/net ''COVER''. Same goes for fences, certain tree leaves, bushes, everything that can provide cover,mostly works from 1 side only. JUST ****

Fall damage. This is something im not entirely sure of, but close to 100%. At a certain point, you get experience of where you can jump without taking damage or take minor damage. There are times I all of a sudden get damage at spots that normaly let me slide down without taking any damage at all. Even had it once that I died from sliding down where i never took damage before.

I can go on and on about what is random in this game, but its easier to point out the only thing that isnt; Sniper! Rest is random as ****.

In other games I can easily adapt to the mechanics within a couple hours of playing. By then you know this weapon got bullet drop, aima bit higher....this weapon only got this and that range, soo you learn to estimate distance...the other weapon have a bit of recoil to the left so while shooting you need to compensate.
                            WHY in this game it doesnt work like this. Its like every weapon got multiple spreads,bloom,distance,dmg possiblitys and for me its impossible to adapt even after this time ive spent tryin to do so.

*end of rant

No BR game takes skill. Luck plays 90% of the outcome of matches.

Comment

There tends to be a tendency for gamers to write off obvious inconveniences if they found ways around those inconveniences. They also tend to be a lot more forgiving or feel like they shouldn't complain if the game is a free one. However, current marketing has moved so much (because gamers are a stupid bunch) so that a free game is still extremely profitable because gamers will still blow money on them, so it doesn't make the experience free of criticism.

Having said that, there are OBVIOUS mistakes that shouldn't have been in this game, but they moved forward with it anyway. Perhaps it's because it was purely designed for PVE at first and the BR game came out and they saw fit to move everything over without doing much review of the mechanics. Understandable, but short-sighted. PVP works incredibly differently and should have been treated differently. The double pump is a clear exploit, despite what that moron said above, because it cuts out an animation and gives you less time between shots. It clearly is a problem, since they're looking into damage nerfs, but that's a symptomatic treatment, not one of the cause itself.

Another mechanic that seems completely incorrect is the cover as OP stated. Again, not something to worry about so much with the PVE, but here, there's so much that you can shoot through at one distance but not another. The amount of times my bullets got blocked by the underside of leaves of conifer trees while shooting the enemy's visible feet while they shoot straight through the tree and kill me have been too many to count.

I suspect that this game doesn't actually have variable bloom while shooting, despite the reticle growing. Coming from older FPS's where it was more valuable to pick your shots and let the reticle return to size, I've tried to take a more conservative sniping strategy to battles, but despite being the clear center of a still target, the bullets still miss by a ridiculous amount, then I'll take 3-4 consecutive shots from the enemy in a full spray. If they're not moving, there's no ping issue, and if the target is in the center of their body, there's no aim issue. The bullets just randomly go anywhere on the available spectrum whether it's your first shot or 20th in a full spray. That's random, that's ********. It takes skill out of shooting.

That would be a sensical argument if the game was all fun and silly, like a smash brothers with all items on, but for some reason, they have a skill gap when it comes to movement speed. Now, this has been an issue for games before, like bunnyhopping, and the claims will either be that, "It takes skill to do it, so it should be rewarded" or "Well it's easy to do, so everyone should not complain and just do it." But when you're jumping out of the plane, physics seem to go out the window. If you take a high angle and watch the map, you'll see that, although you're not getting to the ground faster, you're also not moving fast horizontally, but if you start aiming downward, suddenly you start flying across the map. There is no argument to the idea that you should cover more distance by aiming yourself towards the ground. Either you're making Pythagoras cry, or you don't understand wind resistance. When I jump out of a plane the second I'm available to, and taking the highest angle I can (which should make me travel the furthest distance) and go in a straight line, I shouldn't get to a place where someone already has full armor, a scar, and a fort, because they took a lower angle and spammed the glider repeatedly. Now, the simple solution is for me to just do what they do, but the even simpler question is, why is that a mechanic?

Now, I really like the shooting test. I've only tried it a few times, and I think it's a huge step in the right direction. The thing that it makes me wonder is, "Why wasn't the game like this in the first place?" There are still a few issues, like them treating shotguns symptomatically instead of fixing the exploit, but at least it's a good short term solution. I can't say I play groups much, so I'd really like to get into shooting test in a solo, but I realize I'm a minority in that aspect. But yeah, the amount of times I've won gun battles I should have lost, or lost battles I should have won, or gotten to places faster than others who took a straight path, or got beat to places I went straight to, and have wanted to do just quit because of the complete inconsistent and nonsensical nature of this game have been too many to count. All in all, it's really fun and more often works the way it should than it shouldn't, but this potentially amazing game has been borderline uninstall-worthy for a long time, simply because it seemingly doesn't hold to any rules. Hopefully the changes the devs are actively making put that to bed in the near future.

Comment

Working...
                              X