Fps drops after the new update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fps drops after the new update

Hi team!

I know that, perhaps, you are getting spamload mails and posts everyday, hence I never wanted to report any issues myself, there was always someone else doing this and the team would take care of it! (highfive)

Today is a different day, because my brains hurt. Namely, I was playing on 144hZ(fps) untill the latest update... After logging in, yesterday, I immediately noticed that my fps were as low as 100-112, the worst part about the issue however are the fps drops while a heavy action is taking place, frames are dropping from the above mentioned to a cancer giving numer of 50-59 frames per second.

I know this kind of issue was (still is) present to people who have gtx 630-950.

I'm running a 1060 on an i7, 7th gen, if that's relevant.

Is someone else also experiencing the same problems?
    Last edited by KrulSłownika; 03-02-2018, 08:01 AM.

Same bro.

Only that with me is falling on ps4, I can not even enter the Tilted Tower that my FPS drop, it seems that I am playing a PC game without a video card.
    Sorry for my bad English, it's not my native language.
    IIDeFFII PS4

Comment

They removed the "turn off grass" option, i don't think whit your machine you played without grass so they should have ****ed up other things too. I play at 40fps to keep my laptop cool, but yesterday when i played my temps were 10C+ higher

Comment

Originally posted by KrulSłownika View Post
        Hi team!

I know that, perhaps, you are getting spamload mails and posts everyday, hence I never wanted to report any issues myself, there was always someone else doing this and the team would take care of it! (highfive)

Today is a different day, because my brains hurt. Namely, I was playing on 144hZ(fps) untill the latest update... After logging in, yesterday, I immediately noticed that my fps were as low as 100-112, the worst part about the issue however are the fps drops while a heavy action is taking place, frames are dropping from the above mentioned to a cancer giving numer of 50-59 frames per second.

I know this kind of issue was (still is) present to people who have gtx 630-950.

I'm running a 1060 on an i7, 7th gen, if that's relevant.

Is someone else also experiencing the same problems?
        Cucklord i do always play every game on 60fps locked With vsync because my screen is 60Hz i have once played 144 fps on someone else monitor and couldn't see any difference between 60 fps and 144fps. maybe it shows 60 fps but some how you see 30fps ?.
        Last edited by Rex-Z; 03-02-2018, 10:04 AM.

+250 Wins

Comment

• BattleEye. commented
          Editing a comment
          I went from 200+ FPS on fortnite to under 50 FPS the game is unplayable for me. I have changed nothing in my settings. I’ve had my pc for 6 months so there shouldn’t be a major drop of FPS like this. Can someone explain or let me know whats happening!? THANKS! Also my frame rate is set to unlimited and it’s now at a constant 60 fps and lower it doesn’t go up. On the main lobby screen for season 4 I would get 500 FPS now it’s at 90 and below!!!!!!!! HOW IM I GOING TO TO GET TO LEVEL 80 IF I CANT EVEN PLAY!?
          Last edited by BattleEye.; 06-06-2018, 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by GhostBGSOBT View Post
        They removed the "turn off grass" option, i don't think whit your machine you played without grass so they should have ****ed up other things too. I play at 40fps to keep my laptop cool, but yesterday when i played my temps were 10C+ higher
        Lol why would you play lower fps to let you're laptop cool ? a laptop is made to play till 95 celsius

+250 Wins

Comment

Rex-Z You can notice the difference when there are sudden drops between 100 and 50 fps and the post is also about the problems caused by the latest update, but I do appreciate the lecture, however I'm playing with Vsync off (Nvivda gpu, FreeSync monitor) which forces me to only depend on the refreshing rate of my screen. Vsync makes the graphics smooth, even at 60 frames, there's no screen tearing, thus less fps drops with even smaller impact.
          And if I must, then I feel pity for you of being stimuli insensitive, ..cokqueen.

Comment

It just irritatesme that after every update they do something that makes the performace worse. Dont they test them first before they make it public?

Comment

zeeko683 yes.. it’s pain in the ***, There’s some performance bug

Comment

Originally posted by Rex-Z View Post

Cucklord i do always play every game on 60fps locked With vsync because my screen is 60Hz i have once played 144 fps on someone else monitor and couldn't see any difference between 60 fps and 144fps. maybe it shows 60 fps but some how you see 30fps ?.
                You are very very blind and need to get your eyes checked if you cant see the difference between 60hz and 144hz

Comment

• ZestyYoot commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Honestly tho

Formalite. This is so sad, I was forced to change the max fps to 60, because the 144 ain't steady no more, ffs. Next update will bring what? 30 fps? come on, how is this even possible. My friend used to play on steady 60 fps, after the update he's playin on 30 xD, well, 'He's playing" is too much said, he isn't playing because 30 fps is irritating. And there's no news, nor solution provided by EpicGames for that issue. Honestly, Goodbye 144fps I don't think I'll ever see you again. Beware people with 1080Ti, if this shiet will go down like this any further, you'll soon be only able to play at 60 fps with your monster computer.. #Fortnite
                I'm having 1060 and struggeling to play Fortnite, what df is this.

Comment

GhostBGSOBT Yes, I did turn the grass off, but I don't think that this particular thing would cause the fps drops by 50 or more, from 144 to 110 to even 50. Can't be just the grass

Comment

I am getting the same problem. I used to run the game in at least 120 fps and upwards of 180 but since the last update im lucky to break 80 I usually sit at around 50-70 and my mouse movement feels so heavy. It's really starting to irritate me.

Comment

same here. what´s going. I used to play with more tan 60 fps know i can barely get 45 with lag spikes

Comment

I am having the same problem. while I'm able to maintain 144 fps on my 144 hz monitor. the game doesn't feel smooth at all. It's incredibly stuttery! UNPLAYABLE. EPIC PLEASE DONT LEAVE US ON THE WAYSIDE. FIX THIS PROBLEM PLEASE!

Comment

• AND_SPRITE commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Same here it started yesterday. I used to get 190 FPS but now, the world won’t even load and I would get 30 FPS in tilted and I would get choppy FPS like from 120 to 12 back to 120 in 5 seconds. Also, my mouse is very stutters even though it’s smooth in other games. Epic needs to fix their ****ing game because I can’t play this game anymore

worst part is that place on the patch notes where always says: -Increased performance!

Comment

Working...
                        X