Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Games Account Getting Hacked MUST READ!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It gets kinda scary when you think too much about it. The whole "someones" trying to hack your account and that there is completely no customer servicer that you can get in contact with to tell them that you are not the one doing those attempts.

I really see no reason good enough to why there isn't a live helpline or someone from Epic Games that you can speak with or discuss matters like this with... People are loving the game 'Fortnite', me too and they are buying stuff online with their credit cards because of how much they like this game.

Their credit information is still saved unless you remove it by yourself 'Manually'. And so on peoples accounts are getting hacked and their so called hackers are buying Delux Editions of Fortnite thats $59.99. That is a lot of money from where I'm from.

A lot of people are playing this game it is insane! But from that very many only a couple gets 'hacked'. Not too much attention in a mind like mine. Why would 'hackers' , let me say that again... 'hackers'... use your accounts to buy DELUX EDITIONS of this game.

When I was hacking (hacking myself) in my days I didnt care much about games.eh

So these 'hackers' are giving Epic Games 'Money' Basicly. How noice! Could a Epic Games staff member please explain this?to someone. If they had a 'breach' is there a mole or some ish? What is happening. Explaination please.

Fortnite saves your billing information behind a scary rubber Spiked wall.. -- explained. What I mean with that is that when you do a purchase on Fortnite thers no option to not save your billing information like most platforms and places to.

The Scary Rubber Spiked Wall - this is where your billing information is saved. The only way to remove your saved Billing Information is to ATTEMPT another transaction (most people are scared they might buy something they dont and lose money).

They are using the mentality of someone not wanting to lose money so its best to avoid it but avoiding it leaves your billing information still saved.

The only way to remove it so click purchase TWICE before seeing your billing information where you will then only see it and remove it MANUALLY.

i guess its just Business.

ur welcome.

Comment

• XxgamingwickedxX commented
      Editing a comment
      I got hacked I had 40 skins I had all season 1,2,3,4 and 5 so please help soon as possible

• Killerbram95 commented
      Editing a comment
      i got hacked 2 months ago but Epic isn't going to help it's sad to leave this game this way. but if the going to help us, Only then will I take back my words. but for now I continue to warn people about epic and their poor protection / support.

• endergameing123 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah my epic account has an email I have never seen before registered so I can’t unlink anything so I’m basically screwed thanks for helping epic.

If you wanna try to fix this my user is Endergameing123

Hey I got hacked on the same day and this person also took out 60$ from my account. I was able to get my money back and i emailed epic right away however I haven't got any reply back. What did you do? Anything helps. I am still devastated.

Comment

• 01BamBam01 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello, I’m just wondering if you ever figured a way too get the hacker off of your account. I emailed epic 5 times no and no response. Thanks

Same i got charged $10 and $25 too and all my link accounts were unlinked and and my ign on fortnite was changed

Comment

This happens on xbox with paypal all the time, so its not exclusive to any game, etc.

Comment

My account has been hacked. I changed the password but the hacker is still logged in (after changing the password, the users are not logged out of the devices on which they are logged in). I do not know what to do now a stranger has been destroying my account for over a week. I wrote many reports but without any effect. Can anyone guide me what to do next?

Comment

• falls_7 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you ever figure out how to get them off your account?

SAME HERE...I'M SO MAD.... I contacted customer support MULTIPLE TIMES but the hacker still accesses my account (i get emails) from an IP address in India....

Comment

• jkcleary commented
          Editing a comment
          How can you tell where they are logging in from? Care to message me or post here?

• jeffreyhawk420 commented
          Editing a comment
          If your getting this info from gmail do protective service to your account then go to your epic account and see if you can change your email and re-verify

My Save the World inventory was wiped by this hacker and he keeps using my V-bucks. I contacted Epic Games multiple times. I can't login to my Epic Games account. I can only do it from my Playstation account. Epic PLEASE HELP ME!
        Attached Files

Comment

Super glad I just happened to check my bank account today. I noticed it was lower than what it should have been and looked at recent purchases. Someone bought 10,000 + (3,500) Vbucks using my account and credit card information for $99.99 THREE TIMES in the same day. Thankfully I was able to reset my password and contacted Epic Games to get a refund. Waiting on a reply now. Here's hoping all goes well cause I'd sure like my $300 back.

Comment

• MangoManiac78 commented
            Editing a comment
            The same thing happened to me. I've been waiting 2 days now since I sent a report to the epic game because someone breached my account and spent $160 using my PayPal. Had epic games contacted u yet?

• MangoManiac78 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here my account was compromised by a hacker to then proceeded to purchase $160 worth of bucks using my Paypal. I contacted epic game 2 days ago but so far no response. Did they contact you yet?
            Edit: I called PayPal buy they denied me saying it wasn't unauthorized so my only hope is that epic game actually refunds me

• gmanstriker123 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah same and it was through my paypal they bought 59.99 dollars of vbucks but the weird thing is they also bought skins in the shop, prob forcing me to not be able to get a refund, they bought 4 items

The same happens to me. The account has been hacked and even though I enter and activate the double security, they re-enter me.

The user has the account active on their computer and I can not remove active sessions.

Epic games does not answer mails ... I do not know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by J0sefield View Post
            The same happens to me. The account has been hacked and even though I enter and activate the double security, they re-enter me.

The user has the account active on their computer and I can not remove active sessions.

Epic games does not answer mails ... I do not know what to do.
            I'm having this same issue but I think if you click enable and disable single log in a few times and leave it on enable you should be able to kick the other person off. At least the guy who had my account hasn't changed my password back yet.

Comment

My account has been hacked they spent my v-bucks and deleted my friends list or put them on the block list i have changed my password a few times now and it keeps happening what can i do

Comment

Has anyone heard back from epic yet? They got me for $210...

Comment

This issue is still happening, I have been hacked 2 times this past month. They spent about 50 bucks, and Epic Games doesn't respond to reports. I was hacked again this past week, and they changed my account name to Lord2nd. Still, I have the 2 tier account security enabled and some how they still get around it and link a PS4 game account every time. I would like my money returned from the hackers purchases, but at this point I would not complain about a total refund. I am actually surprised a class action law suit hasn't been started by someone.

Comment

So.. my account that I havent logged into in months was hacked this year. Apparently you do not get an email when someone changes your name? Great..

I spent $4400 in Save the World, got 4 Mythic Heroes, Amazing stockpile of near perfect traps, weapons, entire perfect horde of Mythic Leaders & Setup etc..

I am now downloading [ever so slowly] after changing password, enabling two-step login, and dreading what they could have done to my account.

I hope Epic has been good about restoring lost things, otherwise I smell a lawsuit coming.

I dont reuse passwords, dont save them, dont use email on my gaming pc or even browse the web - having learned a lesson [that I now doubt was even my fault] with a wow account years ago.
                    I have not logged into Epic, nor any epic games, for that matter my pc has been turned off for near 6 months while I was away.

This is a failure on Epic's part pure and simple. I will be demanding my items or my money returned this is completely unacceptable.
                    Last edited by Husk Bane; 05-11-2018, 06:33 PM. Reason: Had to count my purchase history.

Comment

• ShowMeDaMoneyO commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I had the perfect setup as well. And got hacked. I have lost waaaaay to much v-bucks and when I went into my save the world over hand off my stuff got deleted and I contacted EPIC and nothing has happened. It's ridiculous. I've never had this kind of problem with anything else only EPIC I'm headed about it. And a lawsuit should happen. I'm on your side with that 1000000%
                  Working...
                  X