X

"Streamer mode now anonymizes your name for other players"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Streamer mode now anonymizes your name for other players"

This absolutely ruins the game for me. One of the main reasons I play is to hopefully get into lobbies with good people/streamers. Now I have 0 chance of knowing it's them. Such a stupid - stupid addition.

Not one to ever post on forums but I strongly believe this should be rolled back.

Will not be buying anymore V-bucks.

It could be due to some people killing a streamer then going to his/her channel and talking trash.
    Community Moderator (Forum Llama )

Note: I do not work for Epic Games. I'm only an active community member volunteering information where I can.

Comment

So streamer mode does exactly what it’s suppose to and now you are quiting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHungerGame View Post
      This absolutely ruins the game for me. One of the main reasons I play is to hopefully get into lobbies with good people/streamers. Now I have 0 chance of knowing it's them. Such a stupid - stupid addition.

Not one to ever post on forums but I strongly believe this should be rolled back.

idiot.............. there are 100 better reason to quit the game and you choose the dumbest one.

Comment

It seems like a bizarre choice. I've seen videos of kids who are so pleased to have eliminated Ninja, fairly.
        This takes those moments away from the community. I don't support the change. Streamers need only block the server code on their stream, as the prior streamer mode worked fine.

The problem this presents is that many more players will start using it, not just streamers. What then separates them from a bot/AI?

Comment

says the stream sniper, I see absolutely no reason to complain unless you’re actually stream sniping, thank god for streamers

Comment

op is correct and epic is dumb,. what else is new. also these is no reason for non streamers not to use it and get anonymized. can only help. dumb change. seeing famous ppl in ur lobby is like half the fun. also this thread is full of morons, as usual

Comment

• thehoneybadger21 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bro, if "half the fun" of you playing a video game like Fortnite comes from "seeing famous ppl" AKA stream sniping, than your life is pretty sad. And just because people are trying to get the starter of this thread, another stream sniper, to rethink his question doesn't mean they are morons. if anyone is a "moron", its you cause you get half the fun of a video game, which's sole purpose is to give fun/happiness to its users, from stream sniping.

You should be able to see their name, ive killed quite a few streamers with it on so unless they have changed anything it should still be the same.

If your sole reason is to play with Streamers/youtubers then you live and play a very sorry existence. You should play games because you enjoy them and play with people you find welcoming, not because you get to play with popular people because it pretty much doesnt get you anywhere. I get the aspect of playing with people you watch is neat, but take into consideration that they have THOUSANDS of people trying to ruin their fun by stream sniping. Having a 2vs8 with a bunch of stream snipers sucks, and ruins the fun of the game.

Comment

Lmao! Please just leave the game then. If you don't understand why this is necessary then you need to focus on education over video games for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by gemx.666 View Post
                op is correct and epic is dumb,. what else is new. also these is no reason for non streamers not to use it and get anonymized. can only help. dumb change. seeing famous ppl in ur lobby is like half the fun. also this thread is full of morons, as usual
                How would this help non streamers? Only thing dumb, is well... you.

Comment

While I see the benefits of streamer mode, I also think that it is kind of weird that it is possible to be "anonymous" in a game where you don't use your real name anyway.

The problem I see is that people can cheat now and you will not be able to look them up and check their stats etc.

Also, I don't really think that it prevents stream sniping. If people are determined to kill a streamer, they can still easily find them just watching the stream at the same time.

Overall, I think that streamer mode should be changed or disabled

Comment

I cant believe that this isnt a Problem for Microsoft & Sony, because you can't report Players now over the System itself, if they are anons..
                    What another wonderful stupid Change of the Game...

And btw. why are Streamers handled like Platin,
                    are they any better Players or Humans compared to casual Players?
                    No, its just Advertise for EPIC and Money in the End...
                    Its their own Problem if they run Streams and getting trolled for that.

For me now, its just a 2-Classes Community.
                    Why not split it one more times into poor & rich Players compared to the Purchases... or Black & White... or... really funk it, Epic...

I just hate this Change & it shows me again how EPIC this Game will 'fail' in the Future.
                    #epicfail

Comment

Originally posted by RadikAl H8D View Post
                      I cant believe that this isnt a Problem for Microsoft & Sony, because you can't report Players now over the System itself, if they are anons..
                      What another wonderful stupid Change of the Game...

And btw. why are Streamers handled like Platin,
                      are they any better Players or Humans compared to casual Players?
                      No, its just Advertise for EPIC and Money in the End...
                      Its their own Problem if they run Streams and getting trolled for that.

For me now, its just a 2-Classes Community.
                      Why not split it one more times into poor & rich Players compared to the Purchases... or Black & White... or... really funk it, Epic...

I just hate this Change & it shows me again how EPIC this Game will 'fail' in the Future.
                      #epicfail
                      You just answered your own question. Streamers bring more money and players to epic.

Comment

Originally posted by Balstyrko View Post
                        The problem I see is that people can cheat now and you will not be able to look them up and check their stats etc.
                        A little late to reply to this, but I believe you can still see their name when reviewing replays. It should only make them anonymous during the live game itself.
                        Community Moderator (Forum Llama )

Note: I do not work for Epic Games. I'm only an active community member volunteering information where I can.

Comment

This new update to streamer mode is trash. Now the feeling you get after realizing you just fought a famous player is gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X