X

Sniper Shootout v3 patch notes WTF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sniper Shootout v3 patch notes WTF

NOTE: Let me clear that Sniper Shootout is one of my favourite modes in Fortnite. I'm not hating on the mode at all.

Mode Details
    • Building resources received from farming reduced by 25%.

What. The. ****???

You can't be serious? The amount of materials I burned through was ridiculous. You had to spend at least 5 minutes farming because the gun / building fights lasted so long, due to the fact that people struggled to kill each other! Building is such a crucial component to SSO as you would find it hard to win gun fights without building up.

EPIC, do you even play your own game? Serious question, I'd love a response to that.

I posted a few months ago after V2 SSO ended and I kindly asked that Epic increase the farming materials for this mode. Now I'm going to have to camp somewhere and spend EVEN longer farming before going to find people.

What's New since v2?
    • Scoped Assault Rifles have been added to floor loot & chests.
    Oh btw, the Scoped Assault Rifle is not a sniper rifle

...Sad!

Well I agree with scoped AR's.. You have the super try hard people all they use are the scoped AR's and quick peak shoot in their base. Not fun. I don't care for base building in a sniper mode tho.. I think they should just give everyone a bolt with unlimited ammo, no building materials, and very limited shields and health on the map. With quick peaking how it is it is almost impossible to hit anyone in their base now. You basically just guess and hope they peak. Would be better to just use the map as it is with only bolts. Ground sniper fights for me are way more interesting then 1x1 fights where people are just quick peaking continuously until someone gets lucky.

Comment

I remember when Sniper Shootout only used to be bolt action, semi automatic sniper, and crossbows way back when. Kind of disappointed that this mode includes the AR's. It should be all about people getting close up with their snipers and jumping around trying to shoot each other like we used to lol.

Comment

And let’s not forget sticky bombs, grenades and c4 lmao

Oh and you can’t revive teammates in SSO DUOS, which makes playing duos pointless llllmmmmmaaaaaooooooooo

Comment

• Sacred Sippycup commented
          Editing a comment
          Sniper Shootout has always been no revive

came here to see if any 1 else was bothered by the stupid ARs in sniper mode. like what are you guys thinking at epic? how does that even qualify as a sniper? take them out please! the mode is soooo bad with them in,

Comment

honestly, the gamemode sucks now. I loved snipershootout V2, it was perfect that the pistols were taken out and the hunting rifle was put in. Good job on that, but scoped AR's? I just got 2nd place because the storm closed in on someone on a mountain, pelting me with the scoped AR. That's not what I came to snipershootout for. Now all people do is spam them. I had one real sniping fight, but that as about it. The game was just ruined for me after my first game.

Comment

Anyone who’s visited this post and is also piss3d off by what Epic have done, don’t just ***** on here: go to Reddit, spam them on Twitter.

Comment

I really don’t like the idea of scoped ars? I also don’t understand why they say they updated the game to just snipers when that’s not the case. Really disappointed about this new game mode and have spent lots of money on vbucks and the least epic could do is make this a fun game mode. Version 1 & 2 were awesome

Comment

epic go **** yourself with C4

Comment

Why are the final battle always with traps, traps defeat the whole point of sniping. People just run at each other and try to trap win, it's not how the mode is meant to be played.

Comment

v4.4.1 released a few hours ago. No fix to SSO...

...But shopping carts are back!

Comment

Epic isn't playing their own game. They do not care about you, or anyone here. They care about money, the mode is here just so they spice things up, not because they are aware that there are players who actually enjoy this specific game mode. They do not care about you.

Comment

Epic you destroyed the best LTM for me by adding the Scoped AR.Why,there is no point anymore the close 1v1 if the enmy has a scoped ar or the enemy will be mad if i have it it is so disturbing pls take it out.And the scoped ar and the thermal ar

Comment

It doesn't matter how many people complain about the scopes ARs needing to be removed because they just won't do it and they want the players to have the best experience they can????????

Comment

What about the players that like the limited time mode having less materials, so have to operate with smaller builds.
                            Or the players that like having SCOPED weapons in a sniper shootout mode ? - Up close it's no different to having a semi-auto sniper if being able to spam no-scopes while bunny hopping is your thing.

Or do those players just not count because yours is the only way people should be allowed to play ?

Get over it mate, its a LTM which is used to shake things up and test different play styles, not hard to figure out.

Comment

• SPECTRE_182 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              It's called SNIPER Shootout. Scoped AR's and Thermal AR's ARE NOT SNIPER RIFLES. Grenades, Sticky bombs and C4 ARE NOT SNIPER RIFLES.
                          Working...
                          X