X

Nintendo Switch with Epic Account issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo Switch with Epic Account issue

So you're able to sign in with your Epic Account, yes? but I get this Login Failed message saying that "This Fortnite account is associated with a platform which does not allow to operate on Switch."
    I really don't want to make a new account just to be able to play the game on the go, Epic, help me out here please.
    Attached Files

I'm getting the same issue. I purchased Fortnite on pc and have only ever played it on pc so the whole PS4 cross-play issue shouldn't be happening to me and I don't know what else it could be.

Comment

• timg12345 commented
      Editing a comment
      Its not their fault its sonys. Trust me im a ps4 fan boy and i know when sonys being a ******

• Albergh_43 commented
      Editing a comment
      Why can't I just have the same epic games account on every system! I understand that playstation don't like crosplay but playstation isn't epic games. Can you pleas fix this epic games, I have spend so much money on this account and I can't afford to spend more!!!

• acez12EZ commented
      Editing a comment
      I disconnected my account from playstation and it still won't work for me but in my opinion I think it's epic games fault

If your Epic account has been linked to your Playstation account with any game it wont let you play. Its really dumb. Ill be uninstalling it from my switch since is useless to play the game on now.

Comment

• Z.riiick commented
      Editing a comment
      Just make an alternate account that's what I did even though it's less fun, since I'm already good at the game it's more fun to troll people thinking I'm bad

Originally posted by PrezAbeLincoln View Post
    If your Epic account has been linked to your Playstation account with any game it wont let you play. Its really dumb. Ill be uninstalling it from my switch since is useless to play the game on now.
    I unlinked it and it still gives the same message, this is honestly stupid.

Comment

• NatNat2002 commented
      Editing a comment
      Same, it won’t work!

• NightWolf_374 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm uninstalling it as well it won't even let me play it just says "failed to link account. Already associated with a different account"

• BlueAndYellow96 commented
      Editing a comment
      It really is I already had a switch and knew fortnite was coming but I can't even have all my Skins

Originally posted by GalaxiaShadow View Post

I unlinked it and it still gives the same message, this is honestly stupid.
    Yeah Sony needs to come down off of their pedestal.

Comment

I understand not being able to cross play with the Playstation, but not being able to move my account data back and forth between the two seems ridiculous. It would have been awesome to be able to play on my Playstation when I'm at home, and then take my progress with me when i travel. SONY needs to get the hell of its high horse

Comment

I have never owned a PS4 and have never launched Fortnite on PS4 with my Epic account. I linked my PSN account a while back, but have unlinked today after hearing of the cross-progression issues.

I will gladly pay to have Epic remove any Sony/PS4/PSN flags from my account. I have not used them, I will never use them, and I am very unlikely to link my PSN account to anything else in future.

Comment

• xDannyb0y1 commented
          Editing a comment
          freaking same dude, this is beyond petty. Its just plain retarded

Yeah, what makes things more irritating is that there's no option to unlink your accounts on Epic's end: you can revoke permissions through your Nintendo Account but not through Epic. Because of this there's no way to transfer your link to a fresh, PSN-free account to play on.

Comment

thats the biggest ******** ive ever seen. ive tried fortnite once on my playstation cuz i thought it would be nice to chill on the couch and play fortnite and now im not allowed to play it on switch thats the worst **** ever !
          for my opinion they could remove it again from switch now its worthless if they dont do anything about it !

Comment

this is 100% epics fault. Sure sony dosn't allow cross-play. but how on earth is signing into another platform "cross-playing". Epic games chose to lock out the accounts. sony only asked not to be involved in the cross play machmaking as far as i am aware. this #EpicGreed

Get this petition going https://chn.ge/2JxcVZN

Comment

• Frostburn2716 commented
              Editing a comment
              You need to get educated on the matter before you start posting garbage like this. It is sony trying to fight back against other consoles because they are on top this gen, and can do whatever the **** they want

Epic do something about this. I don't want to have 2 sets of accounts with different credentials to manage with 2 separate 2 factor authentications. Let people remove the PSN Flag from their account. All of us who signed in 1ce or twice to try it on console are being punished after we gave you our $$ for skins and battle passes.

Comment

This is the dumbest thing I've seen in a while. I recently bought a PS4 Pro for God of War and out of curiosity tried Fortnite on it for a good 30minutes and never touched in on a console since then.
              Why is the consumer being punished for this when we literally HAD NO IDEA that a Switch port was even coming out.
              Please for the love of f**k, let us remove our Epic accounts from the PSN, since it is literally disallowing me to play my game on my favorite console, the Switch, because of Sony's unending greed and anti-consumership.

Comment

• mvkaela commented
                Editing a comment
                Same! I only played fortnite for not even an hour and I can't play on my switch? They better make an update soon

• v1nzan1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Same here played one round and went right back to PC and now I'm screwed

This is stupid. I contacted nintendo and they told me that if my playstation account is linked then I can't play on switch. Now I unlinked it and it still won't work. FIX THIS OR IM NEVER PLAYING FORTNITE AGAIN. why can't two brands just connect this. It's outrageous and epic games probably could care less.

Comment

• iLemôny commented
                Editing a comment
                mvkaela its epic not Playstation all playstation wants is to not cross-platform and epic is going a step further and makeing that rule which is stupid

The other problem with this whole mess is that to even have a second account, one has to have another email address. I'm not setting up another email account just to have a second game account just to play one game. What is Epic Games thinking? I'd be happy to start a new account if I could delete my old one. Can I do that? Nope. Can I contact customer support? Nope. This is royally stupid.
              Last edited by Anduril82; 06-12-2018, 04:40 PM.

Comment

yup having same problem and it sucks, and i have never even linked my account to ps4 lbut i stil cant play it on switch

Comment

• iLemôny commented
                  Editing a comment
                  btw i think it auto links some times
              Working...
              X