X

Fortnite will not launch: Error code 22, 15 and 30005

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fortnite will not launch: Error code 22, 15 and 30005

I receive an error code when i open Fortnite from the EpicGames launcher. The game begins to launch, the EasyAntiCheat launches and the loading bar goes to full. It then pauses and comes up with the error:

'LAUNCH ERROR
    Game client encountered an application error. (Error code 22)'

I have also received a similar message with 'Error code 15' and another that said 'CreateFile failed with 32' and brought up another window that showed 'Error code 30005'. I have searched for solutions for all of these error codes and none have worked; I couldn't even find any post about Error Code 15 on the forums. So far I have tried all the following solutions to no avail:

>Uninstalling and reinstalling both EpicGames launcher and Fortnite itself.
    >Updating my graphics drivers.
    >Restarting my PC multiple times.
    >Running EpicGames launcher as an administrator.
    >Verifying the Fortnite game cache.
    >Going to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Fortnite\FortniteGame\Binaries\Win64\EasyAnt iCheat and using the 'Repair' button to uninstall and reinstall EasyAntiCheat.
    >Disabling Windows Defender (I do not have any other anti-virus software'.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

I've managed to fix this issue myself but I shall post the solution for anyone who has the same issue. I fixed this issue by going to Applications in your setting then finding 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)'. Select 'Modify', then select 'Repair' on the small popup that appears. Once that finishes, select 'Restart'. Your PC will restart and, once it did, I could open Fortnite without receiving the error.

Comment

• EliteBlaze52 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64), I have it from any other year tho

• now1n_GreenBlast commented
      Editing a comment
      does it matter which year it is because I dont have 2015 there?

• ImJoeDavis commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, I appreciate the help. I ran into the same issue and I followed your instructions and it worked 1st try. If anyone else is wondering if the year matters, I used the latest year I had which was "Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 (X64). Not all Heros wear capes.

No me deja . Tengo Windows 10 .me ayudan

Comment

a mi tmapoco

Comment

Thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by xClemationMark View Post
          I've managed to fix this issue myself but I shall post the solution for anyone who has the same issue. I fixed this issue by going to Applications in your setting then finding 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x64)'. Select 'Modify', then select 'Repair' on the small popup that appears. Once that finishes, select 'Restart'. Your PC will restart and, once it did, I could open Fortnite without receiving the error.
          At the moment I was switching headset dynamic's wire (I've done it hundreds times) I was in Fortnite and for the first time in this case my PC has turned off. And I got that error code 15 next time in fort.
          Found Visual C redist. and repaired. Skipped reboot pc step - didn't work. Rebooted - It works now! Thanks.

I believe your advise about Visual C was usefull, but not just reboot :D

Comment

ami no me aparece esa applicaion de microsoft visual c++ ni Visual C redist, tengo windows 10 y no encuentro eso, ayudenme porfavor

Comment

I dont have Visual C++ and I cant find any solution

Comment

• MusicMaker08 commented
                Editing a comment
                i dont have alpications

I dont konw where to find Microsoft Visual C++. Can you please help me somehow

Comment

necesito ayuda me instale el fornite y luego no me deja entra me dice ERROR 30005 STARTSERVICE FAILED WITH 31 necesito ayuda

Comment

Guys, if you dont have C++ 2015 then use the latest 64x version, I did the 2017 one and it worked

Comment

Let me just necro this post, just search "uninstall a program" in the cortana search bar or whatever is on the bottom left. Click on Apps And Features, search "Microsoft visual c++" in apps and features, find the latest x64 and x86 versions, modify, then repair. Restart after repairing each one.

Comment

il peut aussi etre causé par des mise a jour non faite de windos

Comment

Working...
                      X