development priorities for week of 9/25

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• development priorities for week of 9/25

Quick update on where our head is at this week. The below is where we are expecting to spend time this week; it doesn’t mean we’re going to complete the work.

improve shooting
    • write up detailed thoughts on shooting
      • what we want to accomplish
      • what we already tried
      • what we are trying
      • how we want to iterate

launch
    • launch the game on 9/26!
    • set up servers for OCE
    • deal with issues as they arise
    • play lots of games of squads :-)
    • evaluate population for duos on a per region basis

squads
    • fix inevitable bugs, edge cases, etc.

public test realm
    • identify tasks and logistics to stand one up
    • we want to rapidly iterate together with you!

other work
    • tweak loot drops and weapons based on player behavior
    • leaderboards / stats
    • progression
    • console input latency improvements
    • misc “quality of life” gameplay features

As a new player I beg you to focus more on weapons and rewards. There is no satisfaction even becoming second or lasting top 10. Progression as a level or cosmetic could be nice. Thank you.

Comment

Squads needs voice chat. Also the sounds in game are messed up since this new update .Won't notice if you aren't wearing a headset but if you are it's very noticeable

Comment

Originally posted by Swertyy View Post
        As a new player I beg you to focus more on weapons and rewards. There is no satisfaction even becoming second or lasting top 10. Progression as a level or cosmetic could be nice. Thank you.
        Rewards and such fall under the progression umbrella above. It's a fairly large topic we need to go into detail a bit more over time.

Comment

Originally posted by xI_Rx4Death_Ix View Post
          Squads needs voice chat. Also the sounds in game are messed up since this new update .Won't notice if you aren't wearing a headset but if you are it's very noticeable
          Voice is on the list, but we haven't scheduled development time for it yet. It's certainly a must have feature before we consider squads done.

Not a substitute, but we have a decent number of people partying up via discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/fortnite

Can you elaborate on the audio issues? We made a change to listener position in this update.

Comment

Originally posted by User-871360656
            I am sorry to post this here, but I experience constant Battle Royale game crashes at the start of a match or during gameplay.
            My crash logs can be seen on my google drive:
            Best to send that to the Support team not here mate. Love when customization and stuff comes up.

Comment

Originally posted by [EPIC
              Daniel Vogel;n69806]
              Voice is on the list, but we haven't scheduled development time for it yet. It's certainly a must have feature before we consider squads done.

Not a substitute, but we have a decent number of people partying up via discord here: https://discordapp.com/invite/fortnite

Can you elaborate on the audio issues? We made a change to listener position in this update.
              Alot of sounds only coming out of 1 ear instead of both. Like the bus music, dance emote music(when you do it), Glider. Sometimes gun fire. Gets annoying when you need to tell which direction someone is shooting or coming from but some sfx are only coming out of the right ear and everything else is normal. Yea PLEASE add Mics asap this is unbearably when you can't talk to your teammates. That should have been added from the start.
              Last edited by xI_Rx4Death_Ix; 09-27-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

What are your guys' thoughts on vehicles? More maps? Bigger Maps? Weapon customization like attachments?

Comment

Daniel Vogel;n69806]

Not okay to pass people off to discord. Voice chat is a day one feature a d I am telling people not to put any money into your game do to that reason. You cannot have thought this was okay, you need to communicate in this game no matter what mode. You haven't even scheduled time yet? That too is no okay. You should have made the solo free and then added squads AFTER you implemented voice chat options. Once again I am strongly urging everyone to either get a refund or 100% pass on this until it's free in 2018. Pve is not worth anything at this point either with the pay wall you put in. All and all imo Epic games is in it for one thing and one thing only, MONEY. They could care less about making a good game at this point.
                  Last edited by ZeroXkos; 09-28-2017, 02:50 AM.

Comment

will it be or already is a BR or South America server? I feel lot of lag, probably gettin to NA Server and playin against ppl with 30ping with 200ping on my end

Comment

All the game needs to become the best BR game out and become enormous is to add leaderboards (which are already in working), stats (working on it), ranks that increase as you play BETTER not MORE, gun and character skins. Once these features are added I guarantee this will be the #1 Battle royale game.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroXkos View Post

Not okay to pass people off to discord. Voice chat is a day one feature a d I am telling people not to put any money into your game do to that reason. You cannot have thought this was okay, you need to communicate in this game no matter what mode. You haven't even scheduled time yet? That too is no okay. You should have made the solo free and then added squads AFTER you implemented voice chat options. Once again I am strongly urging everyone to either get a refund or 100% pass on this until it's free in 2018. Pve is not worth anything at this point either with the pay wall you put in. All and all imo Epic games is in it for one thing and one thing only, MONEY. They could care less about making a good game at this point.
                        mate the game itself is in development. the battle royale mode is free and they released it early. it's apparent this isnt the completed battle royale, this is just a free release of a "beta" version of the full game thats designed to draw attention to the game. the full game doesnt even release until 2018. them releasing a free pvp version of their game and having you complaining that it's a money grab is idiotic.

Comment

Daniel Vogel;n69434]Quick update on where our head is at this week. The below is where we are expecting to spend time this week; it doesn’t mean we’re going to complete the work.
                          • tweak loot drops and weapons based on player behavior
                          Can you elaborate on this? Does this mean based on player behavior overall, as in more players prefer assault rifles, so add a higher chance of an RNG pulling an assault rifle spawn / assault rifle ammo?
                          Or is this specific to the match while it's going on? As in a player who has ample weaponry and ammunition but no shields and low hp will have a higher chance of bandages and potion shields spawning in a chest?

As a side note, you guys are being great in terms of communicating on the forums. Keep up the good work and stay creative!

Comment

Please add an Asian server. Many Asian people love Battle Royal Mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Fibrous View Post
                              Can you elaborate on this?
                              Sorry, I worded this poorly. I meant to say that we are looking at stats / analytics and what people are saying and then tweak based on that. We've had a first set of changes go live today with 1.6.4.

Comment

Alot of sounds only coming out of 1 ear instead of both.
                                Could you contact player support about this as I haven't heard of this one before. They should be able to help you with this or if not at least gather sufficient detail so we can investigate on our end :-)

Comment

Daniel Vogel;n72217]
                                  Could you contact player support about this as I haven't heard of this one before. They should be able to help you with this or if not at least gather sufficient detail so we can investigate on our end :-)
                                  I'll do that,It's Happening on PS4. I know it's not my mic because the ppl I team with vices come through just fine and it's mainly only shooting weapons, yourself emoting , The bus music. All other sounds are fine

Comment

Daniel would you be able to walk over to the PvE development team and show them this post you did? Hey here are the issues we know, here is what you guys are saying, we're responding to the questions you have for us, we will get a list of what we plan to focus on. This is perfect and needs to be done for the PvE. Please for the love of all things durrr walk over there and have a serious discussion with them. I am going to link this in the single discussion forum for PvE as well so they hopefully will read it.

Comment

Players with "Save the World" game need some sort of benefit/bonus in STW from playing PVP - because otherwise it's not worth the salty effort dealing with "that kind" of player base.

Comment

Hello, I'd like to know if victory on BR already count when leaderboard will be on, or not at all for the moment ? I had 2 wins almost in a row that would be bad :(.
                                        Do you know with approximation when it'll be on ?

With best regards

Comment

PS4 player here. Honestly, just started playing yesterday. Have been watching battle royale game streams for months and was thrilled one had come out on Playstation. I am honestly afraid to suggest any new ideas because of the fact that the voice chat is broken and I would rather have that than vehicles or a rewards system. You've got to understand that whenever someone plays a Battle Royale game with a squad and you've got horrible squad mates all of the anger, frustration, and rage CAN NOT be spouted out at their team mates so guess where it goes? That's right, straight to you. You've taken away someone's ability to rage, albeit not on purpose, and thus have become the new target of their hate. I think that fixing this current and very detrimental problem would be a much more valuable strategic option, in terms of customer happiness.

Comment

Putting QoL down the list sounds really awful having in mind how limiting are default crosshairs for instance. I don't understand why a shooting game does not have any crosshair customization or HUD customization for that matter. I agree that progression is important since most players want sense of achieving something by putting time in the game, but QoL improvements is something that would take less time to do in my opinion.

Comment

Teamspeak 3 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Kossuth21 View Post

Teamspeak 3 :D
                                                Gross
                                                /10char

Comment

Your ONLY priority needs to be anti-cheat right now. You've made literal millions on this game + llama sales, put it to good use. You're EPIC games for crying out loud. Why don't you have active anti-cheat? An actual anti-cheat system, this is 2017... Games have anti-cheat, why don't you? Literally every BR has a cheater if you make it top 10. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I have tons of video evidence but by now it should be obvious. Don't let this turn into another H1Z1 scenario where your only "anti-cheat" is player reporting and the game dies because of it. The game is fun with friends, but as it stands there is absolutely no point in playing anymore with the amount of cheaters that have popped up in the past few days. You don't make a free to play BR without an anti-cheat and expect it to live... Hire one or two active admins to monitor player reporting live. Show us you actually CARE about your game. Stop being greedy/lazy and do something about it. The longer you let these free cheats run rampant, the faster you'll lose the respect of the general gaming community as game developers. ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSp1HnlU4o0 Every game.
                                                  Last edited by SirLight45; 10-05-2017, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SirLight45 View Post
                                                    Your ONLY priority needs to be anti-cheat right now. You've made literal millions on this game + llama sales, put it to good use. You're EPIC games for crying out loud. Why don't you have active anti-cheat? An actual anti-cheat system, this is 2017... Games have anti-cheat, why don't you? Literally every BR has a cheater if you make it top 10. EVERY SINGLE ONE. I have tons of video evidence but by now it should be obvious. Don't let this turn into another H1Z1 scenario where your only "anti-cheat" is player reporting and the game dies because of it. The game is fun with friends, but as it stands there is absolutely no point in playing anymore with the amount of cheaters that have popped up in the past few days. You don't make a free to play BR without an anti-cheat and expect it to live... Hire one or two active admins to monitor player reporting live. Show us you actually CARE about your game. Stop being greedy/lazy and do something about it. The longer you let these free cheats run rampant, the faster you'll lose the respect of the general gaming community as game developers. ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSp1HnlU4o0 Every game.
                                                    This is their livelihood. To us this is just a game, to the devs this is how they support their families. Trust me when I say they care more about dealing with cheaters then we do. They know it's a serious issue, give them some time it is a delicate situation that is not easy to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by DankHoneyOil View Post

This is their livelihood. To us this is just a game, to the devs this is how they support their families. Trust me when I say they care more about dealing with cheaters then we do. They know it's a serious issue, give them some time it is a delicate situation that is not easy to deal with.
                                                      Yeah, that's the problem. "give them some time" No matter how many times people have said it, you SHOULD NOT release a game that has player vs player in an FPS game without an anti-cheat to start. H1Z1 said the SAME thing, every fps released in past 5 years or so said the same thing, give them time... Well, if you haven't realized by now that if your game is either broken, or has no anti-cheat at release, people leave and don't come back. This should be a given with ANY game at this point man... Epic games develops the unreal engine, the SAME unreal engine that PUBG runs on, the SAME unreal engine that such a large quantity of FPS games being developed are run on in the first place. By now they should realize that doing ANYTHING pvp wise without an anti-cheat will KILL your game and people will never look back. This is why this whole loot llama/crate system is in place with games in the first place. Drain as much as you can as fast as you can and move on. It's the mindset of today's day and age. The only reason H1Z1 lasted as long as it did is because people had no active alternative to the BR genre, straight up. As soon as PUBG was available people jumped ship so fast it was disgusting to watch play out, those that still even played that garbage no anti-cheat game that is. Stats based banning and report function only is NOT enough to combat anything cheating wise these days. Games don't get "time" to develop things sadly. Either you get it right ASAP or it dies. We've already established that major game breaking bugs still exist from the alpha portion of this game and have yet to be fixed, why do you think they're going to rush to fix something that no one ever seems to care about these days? We get developer updates where the ONLY thing they mention is "we're working on dam busters being twice as loud of a reload as they should be".... XD

Hire 1-2 guys to actively admin servers, watch players live. What happened to this concept? This EASILY fits into your "delicate situation that is not easy to deal with" category, but apparently like everyone else you have missed it as well. It was VERY popular and VERY effective when community servers used to exist, why did this change with online games? There's literally no reason you can't hire 1-2 guys from the community to actively monitor cheaters and ban on the spot. No reason what-so-ever. People would be lining up in troves to apply for this position. They have the money, they have the capabilities to spectate, yet games simply choose to ignore this EASY method of catching cheaters in the act, it doesn't make sense. If you have to wait and hope that people will get banned that you run into 1 shotting you across the map with a pistol every game, why play it at all? =(
                                                      Last edited by SirLight45; 10-05-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that's the problem. "give them some time" No matter how many times people have said it, you SHOULD NOT release a game that has player vs player in an FPS game without an anti-cheat to start. H1Z1 said the SAME thing, every fps released in past 5 years or so said the same thing, give them time... Well, if you haven't realized by now that if your game is either broken, or has no anti-cheat at release, people leave and don't come back. This should be a given with ANY game at this point man... Epic games develops the unreal engine, the SAME unreal engine that PUBG runs on, the SAME unreal engine that such a large quantity of FPS games being developed are run on in the first place. By now they should realize that doing ANYTHING pvp wise without an anti-cheat will KILL your game and people will never look back. This is why this whole loot llama/crate system is in place with games in the first place. Drain as much as you can as fast as you can and move on. It's the mindset of today's day and age. The only reason H1Z1 lasted as long as it did is because people had no active alternative to the BR genre, straight up. As soon as PUBG was available people jumped ship so fast it was disgusting to watch play out, those that still even played that garbage no anti-cheat game that is. Stats based banning and report function only is NOT enough to combat anything cheating wise these days. Games don't get "time" to develop things sadly. Either you get it right ASAP or it dies. We've already established that major game breaking bugs still exist from the alpha portion of this game and have yet to be fixed, why do you think they're going to rush to fix something that no one ever seems to care about these days? We get developer updates where the ONLY thing they mention is "we're working on dam busters being twice as loud of a reload as they should be".... XD

Hire 1-2 guys to actively admin servers, watch players live. What happened to this concept? This EASILY fits into your "delicate situation that is not easy to deal with" category, but apparently like everyone else you have missed it as well. It was VERY popular and VERY effective when community servers used to exist, why did this change with online games? There's literally no reason you can't hire 1-2 guys from the community to actively monitor cheaters and ban on the spot. No reason what-so-ever. People would be lining up in troves to apply for this position. They have the money, they have the capabilities to spectate, yet games simply choose to ignore this EASY method of catching cheaters in the act, it doesn't make sense. If you have to wait and hope that people will get banned that you run into 1 shotting you across the map with a pistol every game, why play it at all? =(
                                                        Look I've been online gaming, since it was even a thing. (America Online on dialup, yes I was playing the first MMO's (MUDS)). Every.... Single.... FPS..... Game.... releases with a hacker problem, all the way up to major titles like Battlefield and COD. I've never seen a FPS game release, that didn't go through at least some issues with cheaters. Yes CS:GO has a pretty good grip on it now, but on release? lol...

I also have a pretty good understanding from the other side of the fence as in my younger years I used to code and sell hacks for games like Battlefield and various MMO's.

Comment

Look I've been online gaming, since it was even a thing. (America Online on dialup, yes I was playing the first MMO's (MUDS)). Every.... Single.... FPS..... Game.... releases with a hacker problem, all the way up to major titles like Battlefield and COD. I've never seen a FPS game release, that didn't go through at least some issues with cheaters. Yes CS:GO has a pretty good grip on it now, but on release? lol...

I also have a pretty good understanding from the other side of the fence as in my younger years I used to code and sell hacks for games like Battlefield and various MMO's.
                                                          Shattered skies. Tiny dev team, had GREAT anti-cheat right out of the gate. I've been gaming since Atari, rainbowsix msn gaming zone was my first "online" experience along with the original age of empires and worms. =) They exist, so does admin/moderation anti-cheat, choosing to actually do something is another story. But it's ok, most people fan-boy games till people care so little about it that they realize their game is dead long after they've moved on and they're defending the same sad story in another game.
                                                          Last edited by SirLight45; 10-05-2017, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Shattered skies. Tiny dev team, had GREAT anti-cheat right out of the gate. I've been gaming since Atari =) They exist, so does admin/moderation anti-cheat, choosing to actually do something is another story. But it's ok, most people fan-boy games till people care so little about it that they realize their game is dead long after they've moved on and they're defending the same sad story in another game.
                                                            Yes I've been gaming since ATARI also, and on computers since the Commodore64, my comment was about online gaming. Shattered skies? Really? No one wants to play that game let alone hack it. A game has to get popular to experience such a hacking issue as this.

I don't know what you're after really. Seems like you want an instant magic fix, and someone with your claimed experience should know that won't exist. EPIC is making statements left and right saying how important the cheating issue is and how hard they are working to deal with it. What more do you want? If you have that little amount of faith in the DEVS then why the **** are you here?
                                                            Last edited by DankHoneyOil; 10-05-2017, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Yes I've been gaming since ATARI also, and on computers since the Commodore64, my comment was about online gaming. Shattered skies? Really? No one wants to play that game let alone hack it. A game has to get popular to experience such a hacking issue as this.

I don't know what you're after really. Seems like you want an instant magic fix, and someone with your claimed experience should know that won't exist. EPIC is making statements left and right saying how important the cheating issue is and how hard they are working to deal with it. What more do you want? If you have that little amount of faith in the DEVS then why the **** are you here?
                                                              You said and I quote "Every.... Single.... FPS..... Game.... releases with a hacker problem" I show you a SMALL dev team that did a great job and your response is "no one wants to play that game let alone hack it" when in reality they actually listed all cheaters banned weekly. Cheaters were dealt with swiftly. Summit played the hell out of that game with his buddies at one point. But yeah "no one" wants to play that game let alone hack it. XD The devs were ********, but the game was great, straight up.

I'm here for the same reason most people are, they are concerned about the well being of a fun game and are voicing out about it. Is that not literally the point of forums in the first place? Am I not allowed to discuss my concerns like anyone else? You can't just shoo me away because you don't like what I have to say when I have clearly taken the time to post logical reasoning multiple times as to what they "could" do and what "should" be their focus above ALL else. Have you not seen game after game after game after game die due to cheaters? You claim you've been around, why would this not be the FIRST concern of a multiplayer pvp experience on PC in this day and age? Mind boggling...

Point is, anti-cheat can be done at release if it's a priority to the devs, ESPECIALLY from the team who CREATES the engine in the first place... Claiming games "can't" be released with anti-cheat out of the gate is simply wrong. End of story.
                                                              Last edited by SirLight45; 10-05-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

You said and I quote "Every.... Single.... FPS..... Game.... releases with a hacker problem" I show you a SMALL dev team that did a great job and your response is "no one wants to play that game let alone hack it" when in reality they actually listed all cheaters banned weekly. Cheaters were dealt with swiftly. Summit played the hell out of that game with his buddies at one point. But yeah "no one" wants to play that game let alone hack it. XD The devs were ********, but the game was great, straight up.

Point is, anti-cheat can be done at release if it's a priority to the devs, ESPECIALLY from the team who CREATES the engine in the first place... End of story.
                                                                My bad shouldn't have said every single. Should have been realistic and said the majority of.

As for the rest of your ****. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I don't see the name of this topic being "development priorities prior to release".

If you don't like the game or EPIC, then leave. Else, be patient , have faith, and wait.

Comment

My bad shouldn't have said every single. Should have been realistic and said the majority of.

As for the rest of your ****. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. I don't see the name of this topic being "development priorities prior to release".

If you don't like the game or EPIC, then leave. Else, be patient , have faith, and wait.
                                                                  You clearly don't read before posting. I've quoted you many times and responded directly and you still choose to use verbal abuse. I said the ONLY priority right now should be anti-cheat to begin with.... In a post discussing game priorities. If that's not "on topic" nothing is. Yeah, I must not like the game, despite what I've said.... -_- Asking people to be patient is a big part of the problem, if you bothered to read anything at all you'd have acquired that point by now. People move on QUICKLY and never return, you should know this. Look how fast the campaign version of THIS GAME died. I have 400+ hours in it and it's nearly impossible to get players to join games with you playing solo, even with cross platform. Lack of VITAL components to a game kills it, period. Anti-cheat in PvP FPS is VITAL. Content in an RPG/Farming type game is VITAL. I'll type it like you do and maybe you'll notice... If.... You.... Don't.... Fix.... Game.... Breaking.... Things.... IMMEDIATELY.... People.... Won't.... Return..... And..... Then...... It...... Is...... Too..... Late...... For....... The....... Population....... =D........ <3........ The Division. XD

Comment

You clearly don't read before posting. I've quoted you many times and responded directly and you still choose to use verbal abuse. I said the ONLY priority right now should be anti-cheat to begin with.... In a post discussing game priorities. XD

Sigh. The comment you are replying to was in reference to you saying it should have been their main priority to release. I replied to that specific statement with that phrase not against every single thing you've posted.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/...oing_about_it/

IT IS THEIR ***MAIN ** PRIORITY

Just what do you think you accomplish by coming here to ***** anyways?

Comment

Sigh. The comment you are replying to was in reference to you saying it should have been their main priority to release. I replied to that specific statement with that phrase not against every single thing you've posted.

IT IS THEIR ***MAIN ** PRIORITY

Just what do you think you accomplish by coming here to ***** anyways?
                                                                      Is it? If it was their "main" priority there would be evidence of such. Progression does not = anti-cheat. =( thousands out of "millions" that have played BR already when you see one in every single game currently is not anti-cheat, that's just scraping the curd off of the top of the milk at best per-se, that does nothing to the milk itself other than help you swallow it easier. Just what do you think you accomplish by harassing people who have an opinion? I have seen it literally countless times with false promises (especially from a team who still haven't fixed bugs that were in the alpha and discussed REGULARLY on said forums [For example: explosives don't do damage to anything on slopes, I have video evidence if you'd like that too, as text is hard for you <3]) and using constant verbal abuse to "try" to make a point? XD Almost buddy, almost... Have a good one~

Comment

Ummm... yeah reading this topic and all I see is an argument. Why don't u 2 guys find urself a room and touch your "worms" as an apologie :P

First of all, thanks for epic games to release BR game mode on PS4 (first one ever if I'm right?) for free :)
                                                                        Well got to say, together with my squad from R6S did play it for first time just to see how it looks, but with a huge reserve "distance" towards so colourfull simple game (or rather game mode since we talk solely about PVP) - found it pretty fun and caught ourselves spending more time in here than our actual game where we built squad for (Rainbow Six Siege #Ubisoft get your *** together). Game if fun, required a lot of concentration but got these funny moments. I think regarding PS4 Version - as much as our priority is not anticheat, but voice chat would be nice to communicate when you're queing up with randoms... perhaps tweaks regarding the system of recoil on specific guns? (M16 really sucks).
                                                                        Its nice to see you adress players directly, feels nice that Dev team actually cares about our concenrns and opinions.
                                                                        Can't wait for stats and leaderboards to come up!!! :D
                                                                        Once again thanks for remembering about PS4, not like other BR franchise.
                                                                        And well, see you on the battlefield, hopefully as allies- you might not live long enough to see what we do to enemies :P

Comment

bonjour, je voulais savoir si vous allez mettre des sac a dos prochainement dans le jeu car avoir que 5 items commence a être agaçant. vous pouvez par exemple mettre un système pour que les items dans le sac ne peuvent être utiliser que si on les sort.

Comment

Could you guys Maybe Add like A South East Asia server so many of ur players are from SEA region and we get terrible Ping We would really appreciate it if guys could give us an SEA server

Comment

Working...
                                                                            X