Voice Chat Mac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice Chat Mac?

Quick question regarding Voice Chat. In the latest patch you guys released voice Chat for PC and mentioned in the dev update that it was coming for Console. Usually when you guys talk about features and say PC it means PC & Mac but in this case it didn't. Should we expect Mac voice chat to land in the next patch / or with the console voice chat feature?

p.s. Props for the excellent mac support, it works pretty great!

edit* fixed typo

I am also curious about that. I can see the voice icon beside the name of other player but so far I can't hear anything from them. Is this because there are no one speaking or because its not implemented yet on mac?

And I agree with CrazyMonkey. Thanks a lot for the mac support, this is a great game!

Comment

definitely really curious about this as well.. I just want them to mention Mac in regards to voice chat lol I just wanna know when it might be coming!

Comment

with the 1.8 update, I can see the chat settings in the audio menu but it still doesn't work on Mac. I tested my mic and it work fine. Anyone on Mac was able to make it work?

Comment

I still don't think it's working... Haven't been able to confirm with friends yet but playing with randos I have yet to hear someone speak or acknowledge that I'm speaking.. Mic works fine on Discord. I just don't think it's gonna happen lol

Comment

That's bad cause I would have bought a funder pack but without mic the game is not the best experience for team play.

Comment

Voice chat on Mac is still not working! The last update has been so great but I feel like the Fortnite team has forgotten about Mac lol PC players on the same team as me can hear each other but I can't hear them and they can't hear me.. Reallllllly hoping we get a patch soon to finally join in on the fun ;)

Comment

There has been a new update that says voice chat has been enabled on all platforms. But it's still not working on mac !

Comment

Seriously... Like was it a joke to say voice chat is live on all platforms, give us options for it in the menu but just leave it non-functioning..? lol Getting really annoying not having voice chat in game when everyone else does and losing crucial moments because of it..

Comment

1.8.2 patch notes released today but no mention of fixing voice chat for macs... bumping in the hopes it catches a dev's attention....

Comment

I thought the same thing when I read the patch note. It would be great that they at lease acknowledge there is a problem

Comment

Patch notes 1.9 are out today and i'm bumping this again because there was no mention of fixing voice chat for macs....

anybody know how to light the -bat- dev-signal

Edit: darkveil on reddit replied saying there were aware
                        Last edited by CrazyMonkeys; 11-13-2017, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info CrazyMonkeys

Comment

Working...
                          X