Cosmetic VBucks Pricing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmetic VBucks Pricing

UPDATE: We talked about the pricing of the higher tier Halloween skins and we didn't feel good about the price. So we're lowering them.

We were originally going to price both Skull Trooper and Ghoul Trooper at 2000 coins. The Ghoul Trooper will be lowered to 1500 Coins, while the Skull Trooper will be lowered to 1200 coins. We'll be updating this image in the Release Notes. Happy Halloween!

I know people are going to be curious about the store pricing and I'm starting to see a few questions trickle in so here's the breakdown:

GLIDERS
    • 500 Coins
    • 800 Coins
    • 1500 Coins

PICKAXES
    • 500 Coins
    • 800 Coins
    • 1500 Coins

SKINS
    • 800 Coins
    • 1200 Coins (Skull Trooper Skin)
    • 1500 Coins (Ghoul Trooper Skin)
    • 2000 Coins (Future cool-looking Skins)

If there are follow up questions, feel free ask away.
    Last edited by [EPIC] arCtiC; 10-25-2017, 04:47 PM.

I'm sorry to ask this here in this topic but, when are you guys going to add an auto-run key??

Comment

I tried to play the PVE mode.... and I just didn't enjoy it.

So I guess the only way to earn VBucks is to buy with real money. I've been told it's $10 for 10000. So $20 for some skins.

Does.... this seem outrageous to anyone? I was ready and willing to depart with my money but this is such a huge turn off if true.

Comment

Will vbucks be awarded at all through leveling up or completing challenges? Also, if above is true ($10 for 1000*), that's crazy expensive for a cosmetic skin. I'd be willing to pay maybe $5 for a medium to rare skin.

Comment

Will "skins" (specific versions of heroes) earned in the Save the World mode cross over to our locker on the Battle Royale side? Even if not right now, will it ever?

I'm basically asking, for players who have already bought the full game, but is only interested in the FNBR mode, is there any reason or incentive to play the PVE specifically to earn the heroes? Such as the limited edition heroes that are made available during events. Or heck, even rolling on the llamas for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by jim2point0 View Post

So I guess the only way to earn VBucks is to buy with real money. I've been told it's $10 for 10000. So $20 for some skins.

Does.... this seem outrageous to anyone? I was ready and willing to depart with my money but this is such a huge turn off if true.
            The pricing seems completely outrageous, even for those who previously purchased the game. I used to play PVE, but I enjoy BR way too much. Now if I want VBucks I'll have to play PVE to earn VBucks for them, or pay a significant premium for a skin I want. I'm totally willing to snag some skins, but not at these prices and I'm not going to sacrifice my free time playing a game mode I don't want to play.

Comment

so its a paid game now?

Comment

Rip playerbase!

Comment

I knew as soon as I seen that pic of the ghoul soldier for 2000 vbucks there would be backlash.... $20 for a halloween skin!? That is so outrageous... I wouldn't even pay $10 for any cosmetic, $5 sounds more reasonable. Everything in Fortnite should also be earnable. No mention of any reasonable way to earn vbucks in BR or STW for that matter.

Wow, they have learnt absolutly nothing from their blunders in PvE... If the progression system is anything like PvE say good bye to another huge chunk of players. Honestly imo who ever is in charge of the monetization has no clue to what they're doing...
                  Last edited by Man_Kinda; 10-25-2017, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Kinda View Post
                    I knew as soon as I seen that pic of the ghoul soldier for 2000 vbucks there would be backlash.... $20 for a halloween skin!? That is so outrageous... Everything in Fortnite should be earnable. No mention of any reasonable way to earn vbucks in BR or STW for that matter.

Wow, they have learnt absolutly nothing from their blunders in PvE... If the progression system is anything like PvE say good bye to another huge chunk of players. Honestly imo who ever is in charge of the monetization has no clue to what they're doing...
                    If you want something in this game you need to play other game, man i can't even :)))

Comment

Well epic way to kill your game GG pubg wins the war

Comment

Originally posted by xRystx View Post

The pricing seems completely outrageous, even for those who previously purchased the game. I used to play PVE, but I enjoy BR way too much. Now if I want VBucks I'll have to play PVE to earn VBucks for them, or pay a significant premium for a skin I want. I'm totally willing to snag some skins, but not at these prices and I'm not going to sacrifice my free time playing a game mode I don't want to play.
                        I completely agree.

Will any of the 2000 V-buck skins really be worth 1/3 of the full retail price of a AAA game? Did it really require that equivalent amount of time, effort, and production cost in making them, compared to 1/3 of what goes into making a $60 game? The answer is most likely no, if anyone's honest. That means the pricing takes into account that V-bucks can be earned in PVE. However, that pricing model merely forces players to either unwilling grind through content they don't enjoy or have to pay for barely significant digital goods at unreasonable prices.

I've personally spent over $1000 U.S. dollars on League of Legends. I own every single champion, although very few bought with RP. I spent most of that money buying tons of skins over the years and gifted even up to ultimate skins to friends. An ultimate skin in League of Legends comes out to be about $25 at the base conversion rate, which isn't cheap. But such a skin would have a brand new base character model, completely new character visual effects, new particle effects on the abilities, new sound effects, newly recorded lines of voiceover audio, and new animations. What's more, the ultimate skins in LoL actually consist of many separate character models as they all either evolve as game goes on or allow you to switch to a mode/stance with a different model, or both. And each variant character model would have its own set of fresh particle effects etc. That's a metric sh*t ton of work going into making just one skin. I can't say if it's exactly $25 worth of work, but it's a lot, and I've never felt bad for paying money for any of it. In fact, it felt good to use my money to support Riot Games.

Players have already been crying out and voicing their hatred for the RNG llama system on the PVE side of things. It seems like they're going with an approach that's slightly better, but not by much. I just don't understand EPIC's insistence on building a great game and then going with an asinine monetization strategy. Monetizing games is important, it's what funds the addition of more awesome content going forward and help a company to build that next great game down the road. I want EPIC to make lots and lots of money. But making the people who actually want to give you money feel like sh*t for doing it is just about the dumbest way you can go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Goguma_XO View Post

I completely agree.

Will any of the 2000 V-buck skins really be worth 1/3 of the full retail price of a AAA game? Did it really require that equivalent amount of time, effort, and production cost in making them, compared to 1/3 of what goes into making a $60 game? The answer is most likely no, if anyone's honest. That means the pricing takes into account that V-bucks can be earned in PVE. However, that pricing model merely forces players to either unwilling grind through content they don't enjoy or have to pay for barely significant digital goods at unreasonable prices.

I've personally spent over $1000 U.S. dollars on League of Legends. I own every single champion, although very few bought with RP. I spent most of that money buying tons of skins over the years and gifted even up to ultimate skins to friends. An ultimate skin in League of Legends comes out to be about $25 at the base conversion rate, which isn't cheap. But such a skin would have a brand new base character model, completely new character visual effects, new particle effects on the abilities, new sound effects, newly recorded lines of voiceover audio, and new animations. What's more, the ultimate skins in LoL actually consist of many separate character models as they all either evolve as game goes on or allow you to switch to a mode/stance with a different model, or both. And each variant character model would have its own set of fresh particle effects etc. That's a metric sh*t ton of work going into making just one skin. I can't say if it's exactly $25 worth of work, but it's a lot, and I've never felt bad for paying money for any of it. In fact, it felt good to use my money to support Riot Games.

Players have already been crying out and voicing their hatred for the RNG llama system on the PVE side of things. It seems like they're going with an approach that's slightly better, but not by much. I just don't understand EPIC's insistence on building a great game and then going with an asinine monetization strategy. Monetizing games is important, it's what funds the addition of more awesome content going forward and help a company to build that next great game down the road. I want EPIC to make lots and lots of money. But making the people who actually want to give you money feel like sh*t for doing it is just about the dumbest way you can go about it.

Well written.

I too, completely understand that Epic Games is a business (not a public service) that must provide salaries to its employees along with gain revenue for future expansions / endeavors. At the same time however, the source of that revenue, the customer / player, must be equally respected and provided for.

Perhaps incorporating a daily reward system that gives vBucks, or the daily challenges giving out vBucks at times(rather than just xp) would be an effective strategy for upkeeping in balance the player to business (the game) relationship.

Comment

Just please offer rewards for people who actually paid for the game and helped make Battle Royale free to play. I mean, I bought the Limited Edition and enjoyed the PVE while it lasted, but now Battle Royale has taken over and I like it a lot more than PVE. Not to mention I bought the Limited Edition ($150) pre discount which is now ($90). That's a slap in the face.

It's ridiculous that we don't get anything for Battle Royale, even though we helped make it and fund to develop a free-to-play game.

https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/f...e-royale-perks

Comment

O
                              Originally posted by Endocard View Post
                              Rip playerbase!
                              Lol. It's all good until they start asking for money. You guys don't have to deal with rng so no sympathy from the pve side. I would be happy with high priced skins with 0 rng in pve.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkcusD View Post
                                O

Lol. It's all good until they start asking for money. You guys don't have to deal with rng so no sympathy from the pve side. I would be happy with high priced skins with 0 rng in pve.
                                I don't care about pve:) and the rng is ok if there is a market where you can trade:)

Comment

Originally posted by Endocard View Post
                                  Rip playerbase!
                                  did i miss something on where it says that skins provide an advantage? do the pick axes hit faster? can you glide down quicker with those gliders?

Originally posted by dance gaming View Post
                                  Well epic way to kill your game GG pubg wins the war
                                  get a job or ask mommy and daddy for a credit card so you can look cool in the game too.

Comment

Originally posted by ripdeath View Post

did i miss something on where it says that skins provide an advantage? do the pick axes hit faster? can you glide down quicker with those gliders?

get a job or ask mommy and daddy for a credit card so you can look cool in the game too.
                                    Exactly my sentiments after reading the crying going on already in this thread. The game is still free and the experience will not change if you don't invest a dime into it. Get over it.

Comment

Top of this post reads "This Is A Sticky Topic" It really is, isnt it

Comment

the game is still free lmao. u don't have to buy a fancy skin at all sheesh

Comment

i really like the game, both pve and pvp!

ok 2000 v-bucks for just a skin, is a big step backwards... guys (as you say PVP has nothing to do with PVE)<- then why are v-bucks comming to PVP O-o? freeze

for 2000 v-bucks! i want a / glider,bagpack,pickaxe and a char skin 3-4 skins and the price will be fine.

or ad some skinpacks!

Comment

Character Customization!!! not hey buy a skin ^^ by that i mean Color,Type,Skin,Hair and so on

big thx to the Dev Team for Amazing Work!!!! :) FORTNITE# i love it.
                                            Last edited by R4EDEEMER; 10-26-2017, 05:29 AM.

Comment

I don't understand,

the game is free!
                                              it is awesome!
                                              you don't have to have any of these "skins" to play.

But you still complain!!!

There is nothing to complain about people, I pay $30 bucks every time I take my wife to the movie theater. For two hours of entertainment. Here we are talking about hundreds of hours of entertainment and you are complaining about an optional fee for a cosmetic upgrade.

Please, please, please, go play another game and complain about it for a while.

Comment

was excited about the skins and stuff but still a bit too expensive so the fizzle went away quick

Comment

Originally posted by macsdf1 View Post
                                                  the game is still free lmao. u don't have to buy a fancy skin at all sheesh
                                                  Next thing you know car dealerships are going to want you to give them $20,000 for their car, and if you want to live in a house you'll need to pay a bank $200,000. Hah! Er... wait... you do. I demand to drive my car for free, and then get free gas and air freshners! And my house should be free with free maid service dagnabit! I'd be willing to pay $5 for a new paint job on my free car though. Maybe $10 for a new paint job on my free house. That's pushing it though.

Comment

" The cardholder name, address or expiry date is incorrect. " . fix it now pls and ty.

Comment

With regards to straight up cost of skins vs cash value the pricing is, I think outrageous, I know you want to make money with the game, I don't begrudge you that but the cash value is just to much. I personally won't be spending any real world money on this game.

Comment

I dont get why you say rip player base and pubg wins? Like it legit has no relevance. Cosmetic skins costing money? Wow pubg has that too. Cosmetic non beneficial microtransactions dont kill a playerbase you degenerates holy moly. Also PUBG is just optimized like ****. ALl the hype that will follow the 1.0 update in december or w/e will leave everyone disappointed. Stop comparing the games ffs, this is a free game and cosmetics dont change that. I personally dont enjoy pubg anywhere near as much as fortnite BR. No ones forcing you to pay for fashion lol nor does it affect your skill.
                                                        Last edited by Rayett; 10-26-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

The prices for the skins is just ridiculous. I am not paying $13 or so for a skin in any game. They had a good thing going but doing things like this is certainly a great way to lose players. I am more than happy to support with my wallet, but not when that is all that is on offer and the pricing is just bonkers.

Comment

So funny all you new people crying about p2w because of cosmetic items. The only way to progress in a timely manner in pve was to pay for llamas to obtain the needed schematics and xp. Stop whining about if your picaxe looks like a ****ing scythe or not.

Comment

Originally posted by j0ckinjz View Post
                                                              Will vbucks be awarded at all through leveling up or completing challenges? Also, if above is true ($10 for 1000*), that's crazy expensive for a cosmetic skin. I'd be willing to pay maybe $5 for a medium to rare skin.
                                                              To touch on my earlier post, it's nice you guys lowered the price a little. Still pricey at $15 for a special skin. And to everyone who says we shouldn't be complaining because we don't HAVE to buy these skins is 100% correct. And these high prices would not ruin the game, because its still the same amount of fun with or without custom skins.

I have 2 suggestions. Lowering the price a little more may actually drive in more money. For instance, if an uncommon skin is $8, then I'm only going to buy one and use that forever; but, if they're $5 bucks, I'd be willing to buy 2, maybe even 3. Thus making you more money.

My 2nd suggestion is to earn a small amount of v-bucks through challenges like i mentioned earlier. Even if its something like a 25 v-buck reward per daily challenge, then we can use that extra 150-200 vbucks towards our cash purchase of skins. I.E. If I earn 300 vbucks through challenges, then I wouldn't mind spending $5 on a skin (where the 300 earned vbucks would cover the rest of the $8 cost).

Comment

Originally posted by Goguma_XO View Post
                                                                Will "skins" (specific versions of heroes) earned in the Save the World mode cross over to our locker on the Battle Royale side? Even if not right now, will it ever?

I'm basically asking, for players who have already bought the full game, but is only interested in the FNBR mode, is there any reason or incentive to play the PVE specifically to earn the heroes? Such as the limited edition heroes that are made available during events. Or heck, even rolling on the llamas for the same reason.
                                                                I would like to know this as well. I'm not paying for free assets from StW just to use them in BR.

Comment

Yep... i just paid $30 for 2000 V Bucks (on xbox one)
                                                                  Yes there was bundle packs i could of brought to earn more Vbucks. but i only wanted to spend $30
                                                                  Was able to buy the Skull Trooper and the Scythe. SHOW YOUR SUPPORT
                                                                  Regrets : 0
                                                                  Last edited by SCENESTR; 10-26-2017, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Wasn't this update susposed to bring back players that got bored with the game and werewaiting for cosmetics and player progression? Cool that we have this exp bar and thewe avatars that don't show up anywhere but we hoped for more. We expected progress and skins that were suposed to be earntwith kills and wins, not money and pve missions.

Edit: It would be funny if you had only one character that was named steve and to get other skins you would have to grab premium.

Comment

SCENESTR
                                                                      Strange because you sound as if your mom got you this 30$ worth of vbucks and thats why you dont regret it.

Comment

God I get so tired of the "everything in the world costs money" analogies some people make. You go to the movies and spend $5 on a bottle of water you could get anywhere else for $2 and $5 on a bag of candy you get for $1? No, those prices are outrageous. You sneak your own stuff in, or you just go out to eat after/before. PRICES CAN BE TOO HIGH. People are not complaining that the cosmetics cost money, they are complaining about HOW MUCH they cost. $20 for these skins is ridiculous. They are not so substantial that they warrant that price tag. Is it reasonable that they must be bought? absolutely. Is it reasonable that they cost that much? absolutely not. $5. Plain and simple. Those are really basic. If you make something exceptional, make it $10. But that's the limit. A player sees something for $5, they think hey, only 5 bucks? aight why not. And they will continue to have that same thought when a new one comes out that catches their eye. But a $20 skin? no. Lowered it to $15 yeah still no.

Either a) lower the prices or b) keep the prices high, but put a way to earn Vbucks in FBR, so the dedidcated can grind for them eventually or the lazy can splurge on it.
                                                                        And hopefully, you have cosmetics that can only be earned from progression or some in game task, that cannot be bought. This is a must.

I understand, free game, gotta make money to pay people, gotta use the microtransactions. But do it right. Overwatch has literally made $1 Billion, yes billion with a B, off of players buying loot boxes. But loot boxes can be earned just by playing the game and there is nothing you cant earn just by playing. And overwatch isn't even free, its a full price game! Titanfall 2 is another example, full price game, all of its dlc free, $5-10 cosmetic items. PUBG, the game ur gonna be competing with, $30 game, but loot boxes you can earn just by playing.

I'm not saying don't have micro transactions, I'm saying do it the right way. Only cosmetics is a step in the right direction. Just gotta go the rest of the way.
                                                                        Last edited by Red Moose Jesus; 10-27-2017, 03:55 AM.

Comment

All of the examples you used that have free loot box earnings... all cost money to start. This game does not, hence why the cosmetics are not yet going to be earnable without paying.

If the prices are too expensive, wait for them to drop. They will eventually... The game is in early access and the devs are trying new things out to see what works and what doesn't. Have trust that they will do the right thing soon.

In the meantime, pay or don't pay. The choice is yours. What a country!

Comment

My suggestion is to let v-bucks be earnable by playing in PvP. And it seems like the $15 ghoul skin should be $12 like the skull trooper skin since she is basically wearing the same normal clothing, just recolored.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I have a question..and I cant find an answer. In the store it says for 9.99 you get Fortnite and 1000 Vbucks....what exactly am I getting?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Honestly how can you justify 2000 coins for a skin half the price of a full game for one skin! Be interesting to see how many idiots buys these skins! Come on epic dont be douchbags! Sell them low watch them fly 5 dollars max or put together packages that give costume item skin and glider skin for 2000 coins and where is a way to earn these v bucks?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Epic games. Great job! Here’s why,
                                                                                  Honest opinion.

FBR receives cosmetics, the game was doing great without them.

Brings in cosmetics, but only people who pay a premium or people who are outside the war zone (FBR) & saving the world from the zombie attack’s get skins for when they go to Fight in Battle Royale.

FBR will be nice and clean with few people running around with these Halloween costumes vs Everyone you fight having an insane skin.

Rainbow 6 does this, skins act as if they are a luxury & the only thing you can spend money on is buying a skin, everything else is free.

A FANCY JOB!

People who you see with the BEST skins are the ones who are fighting the good battle at home (PvE save the world) saving the people at home from the real fight “ZoMbiEs”.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Also! anyone complaining about price? The Save the World version is going for about $25 US dollars. (From PlayStation Sale of the Dead)

Cool! You can earn V-Bucks that way & get to be apart of the duo “Save the world” & “Battle Royale” ????

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      the vbucks system is trash at the moment. Please make a system were you can earn vbucks or skins

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Try living in Canada! It's 33.99for 2300 vbucks! 19.99 doesn't need even get you enough for 1 skin. As said before I was an avid league of legends player with almost 1000$ in skins. But that's because they are priced great. You spend 10$ you can get 3 smaller skins or 1 or 2 high end skins. I have to spend 35$ just to get one skin and a pick axe maybe, no thank you.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          idiots all of u lmao its just cosmetics how the **** is it pay to win??? and you're leaving cuz of that? no one asked you to buy them they dont give u any advantage... morons

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I agree with the pricing being off, Canadian consumer is 33.49 for 2500 vbucks is kind of bogus for pricing, I have played many games where I would purchase cosmetic items because of the fair pricing.
                                                                                            Listen I know dev's need to make some money, but that's a couple of character skins at best for the cost of half of a regular priced game....ehh I think not.
                                                                                            I was more than willing to give EPIC some of my money when I heard about cosmetics coming to the game, but then seeing the pricing and how much I could get for it, just threw me off to giving any money.
                                                                                            Also there needs to be a reward system for players who win a game, some sort of V Bucks value for winning the game, give an incentive to keep players coming back for more.

Just my thoughts on this all, hoping to see you all out on the BUS!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              My form of payment isn't dollar, any prevision to come the others ?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by RaV_PL View Post
                                                                                                SCENESTR
                                                                                                Strange because you sound as if your mom got you this 30$ worth of vbucks and thats why you dont regret it.
                                                                                                Sorry bro, i work full time and have my own family, i dont need my mother to pay for my gaming experience. nice try though. maybe you should get out and find a job, then maybe you can have luxury's like me as well :)

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Hey there. Is there any chance to change my character? My character was a ponytail girl and after the update she has been changed into black bald girl. I didn't find any button to swap race/gender, please help me.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Red Moose Jesus View Post
                                                                                                    God I get so tired of the "everything in the world costs money" analogies some people make. You go to the movies and spend $5 on a bottle of water you could get anywhere else for $2 and $5 on a bag of candy you get for $1? No, those prices are outrageous. You sneak your own stuff in, or you just go out to eat after/before. PRICES CAN BE TOO HIGH. People are not complaining that the cosmetics cost money, they are complaining about HOW MUCH they cost. $20 for these skins is ridiculous. They are not so substantial that they warrant that price tag. Is it reasonable that they must be bought? absolutely. Is it reasonable that they cost that much? absolutely not. $5. Plain and simple. Those are really basic. If you make something exceptional, make it $10. But that's the limit. A player sees something for $5, they think hey, only 5 bucks? aight why not. And they will continue to have that same thought when a new one comes out that catches their eye. But a $20 skin? no. Lowered it to $15 yeah still no.

Either a) lower the prices or b) keep the prices high, but put a way to earn Vbucks in FBR, so the dedidcated can grind for them eventually or the lazy can splurge on it.
                                                                                                    And hopefully, you have cosmetics that can only be earned from progression or some in game task, that cannot be bought. This is a must.

I understand, free game, gotta make money to pay people, gotta use the microtransactions. But do it right. Overwatch has literally made $1 Billion, yes billion with a B, off of players buying loot boxes. But loot boxes can be earned just by playing the game and there is nothing you cant earn just by playing. And overwatch isn't even free, its a full price game! Titanfall 2 is another example, full price game, all of its dlc free, $5-10 cosmetic items. PUBG, the game ur gonna be competing with, $30 game, but loot boxes you can earn just by playing.

I'm not saying don't have micro transactions, I'm saying do it the right way. Only cosmetics is a step in the right direction. Just gotta go the rest of the way.
                                                                                                    I COMPLETELY AGREE. Epic please take this into high consideration. It is much more balanced this way.

Comment

• #51
                                                                                                      "I want a quality Battle Royale game that I play all the time and didn't pay a penny for and also the premium cosmetics that come with it for free. I also don't want the devs to make any money for their work. They are greedy."

Oh whoops, I'm just paraphrasing every whiny baby on every free-to-play games forum. Please get over your entitlement.

Comment

• #52
                                                                                                        As a player stand point the skin prices are kinda high but as a business stand point they're here to make money for them to keep updates rolling out n servers up which cost money but since it's just cosmetic only n give no advantage over anything price shouldn't matter either u want to buy/don't want/can't afford any business is gonna try to get the most out of there product n it's better to start high to see how many buy at 1st cause if the numbers r low u can always lower later especially after majority already bought it at the high price and if u start with it at a low price n raise it then it would cause more of a up roar cause then u think all stuff should be cheap and atleast there not like other devs that make u open crates for a "chance for the item ur hoping for which u could spend 5 bucks n get it otlr u could spend thousands n not get it also once u buy a skin til me it's stupid to keep buying cause u can only use 1 at a time yes u can switch but not like u can show all off at the same time so 1 person is fine with just buying 1 skin n not buying nothing else so they would want that 1 person to pay 20 bucks n be done instead of 5 bucks

I do find the saying "everything thing in the world cost money" used to much n pointless everyone has there right to set there price its up the consumers to make the difference if people buy of course they will put the price high but if they don't buy they would lower the price alot of people complain of high prices but they would be the 1st to pay the high price so fussing about it won't work u have to actually prove the point n don't buy it if u want it to be lower but as is I see way to many people already dropping the money on items so I don't see them lowering the prices of current items until new ones come out to take the Old ones place

Comment

• #53
                                                                                                          Will you agree, cheaper skins, but full price game, like founders paid? Like a 50usd for Fortnite, only to play BR? No, so stop crying.

Comment

• #54
                                                                                                            I can't understand how someone who enjoys playing could complain about this. This game is hands down awesome, balanced as it gets and is a blast, and IT'S FREE for anyone to play. How could you not respect the effort that was put into making this game? Even if I didn't care about changing my skin I would buy some VBucks just to show my appreciation for what they're providing, seriously just be happy you're playing!

Comment

• #55
                                                                                                              So lets put this all in perspective.

1. The game is free to play.
                                                                                                              2. It's not pay to win.
                                                                                                              3. Cosmetic prices are ALLOT lower then allot of other games i have played.
                                                                                                              4. The cosmetics are permanent.
                                                                                                              4. The cosmetics are not RNG but simply buy and you get.
                                                                                                              5. They roll out patches weekly.
                                                                                                              6. They give out free V-bucks in PVE.

Seriously ... why are you guys even complaining ? They are pretty much doing everything right. I have seen games where the cosmetics cost over a 100 bucks and here you guys are complaining about having to put down a 20 for 1 time only ? If you have a job it's laughable to pay once and have a skin FOREVER, hell i will even buy multiple for the price they ask. If you are too young for a job go nag/annoy your parents for money instead of posting here.

Typical youth ... They want everything now, for free and without effort.

Comment

• #56
                                                                                                                I wanted to throw out there a pricing structure that I think will be better for the players but also will entice more purchasing of v-bucks. Right now, as it stands, having to pay at least £8 for 1000 v-bucks means that you cannot purchase any rare or better skins without paying further amount of cash.

GLIDERS
                                                                                                                • 250 Coins
                                                                                                                • 500 Coins
                                                                                                                • 800 Coins
                                                                                                                250=£2 | 500=£4 | 800=£6.40
                                                                                                                PICKAXES
                                                                                                                • 250 Coins
                                                                                                                • 500 Coins
                                                                                                                • 800 Coins

SKINS
                                                                                                                • 500 Coins (Uncommon)
                                                                                                                • 800 Coins (Rare)
                                                                                                                • 1000 Coins (Epic)
                                                                                                                • 1200 Coins (Future cool-looking Skins / Legendary?)
                                                                                                                500=£4 | 800=£6.40 | 1000=£8 | 1200=£9.60
                                                                                                                This will mean that although 500 v-bucks for example on an uncommon basic skin will still equate to £4, the price will be far more justifiable and appealing. Also you only see your glider at the beginning of a match and soo charging £4+ on one is just scandalous. Also one of the categories for pickaxe and gliders is to cost what would sum up as £8/1000 + £4/500, way overpriced.

I really hope the devs can take on board what the community is saying, alot of money will still come in if not from more players and will make the playerbase more happy. Additionally, as i'm sure there will be many updates to add hundreds more cosmetics in the future, this seems like the right call.
                                                                                                                Last edited by ImDoubleTrouble; 11-02-2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

• #57
                                                                                                                  will the scythe be coming back to the store? i bought vcoins to get the skull outfit and scythe the other day but the scythe didn't come back to store :c

Comment

• #58
                                                                                                                    I agree with the pricing. I've always had this rule of "No more than $100 per game I enjoy." And that's worked out so far, not to mention it's no where near the pricing of most mmo rpg games and having it at around $12 a skin makes you think harder about what skins you want.
                                                                                                                    Saying that I don't agree with having no way to earn V in-game, there should be dailies for that in the battle royal game mode. That way people who don't have the money can still enjoy the skins through daily grinds.... I also don't like the 24 hr swap system.

When I saw the pricing I knew the backlash was coming, but these skins offer little advantage, most have bright colors in them and even the skeleton is easy to spot across the map. I'll be super upset if they start releasing things like ghillies suits as cosmetic options.

Oh and I've seen backlash over the stealth gliders. I've used them and they suck, stick to the umbrella, it's not as bulky and it's easy to see around.

Comment

• #59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Rawrzory View Post
                                                                                                                      So lets put this all in perspective.

1. The game is free to play.
                                                                                                                      2. It's not pay to win.
                                                                                                                      3. Cosmetic prices are ALLOT lower then allot of other games i have played.
                                                                                                                      4. The cosmetics are permanent.
                                                                                                                      4. The cosmetics are not RNG but simply buy and you get.
                                                                                                                      5. They roll out patches weekly.
                                                                                                                      6. They give out free V-bucks in PVE.

Seriously ... why are you guys even complaining ? They are pretty much doing everything right. I have seen games where the cosmetics cost over a 100 bucks and here you guys are complaining about having to put down a 20 for 1 time only ? If you have a job it's laughable to pay once and have a skin FOREVER, hell i will even buy multiple for the price they ask. If you are too young for a job go nag/annoy your parents for money instead of posting here.

Typical youth ... They want everything now, for free and without effort.
                                                                                                                      What game has single items for $100? Is the game for millionaires or what?

Fortnites prices are way higher all around pvp/pve than any other AAA console game out there.... Just keep taking up for this bs tho and maybe by the time the whole game goes f2p next year skins will be $20-$30 each....

Its common sense you sell more at a lower price. Tons of people would pay $5 each and buy multiple skins as soon as new ones come out. At $10-20 very few are gonna buy even one....

Comment

• #60

Fortnites prices are way higher all around pvp/pve than any other AAA console game out there.... Just keep taking up for this bs tho and maybe by the time the whole game goes f2p next year skins will be $20-$30 each....

Its common sense you sell more at a lower price. Tons of people would pay $5 each and buy multiple skins as soon as new ones come out. At $10-20 very few are gonna buy even one....
                                                                                                                        Most AAA games aren't f2p. Look at the skins in CS:GO or overwatch. I know a few people who've spent hundreds attempting to get the skins they want.
                                                                                                                        GW2's skins are around $15-20, Black desert's are insane.... etc.
                                                                                                                        The pricing isn't the problem here, it's the lack of ways to earn Vcoins ingame.

Hit that triggered button if you'd like, but that's my opinion.

Comment

• #61
                                                                                                                          The pricing is a HUGE turnoff for me and I've even been known to buy keys and crates on Rocket League. But to have $15 per skin, is INSANE. Way too high. You should be able to earn VBucks through grinding too. I won't be spending any money on VBucks and I'm a huge Fortnite fan.

Comment

• #62
                                                                                                                            Ive been waiting for this game. Seriously just waiting playing gta and 2k when i was bored just to kill time. Ever since the pc game war z came out i was drawn in immensely to this genre. I know war z, or infestation, was hacker ridden and basically created by one of the most well known game developer scammers known. But the game​​​​​​play provided an emotional response i had never felt. Every movement or lack there of felt important. Every item had immense value. I now feel that again with fortnite after years of hoping. This game has filled that niche completely.

that all being said, i would have paid 60 dollars for this game as a AAA title. Its the most fun and emotional gratification ive had from a game in a long time.

However, i will not pay 20 or 15 or 10 dollars for one cosmetic or skin or whatever. I wont compare it to other AAA titles, but i will compare it to 1/6th of a utility bill, sushi night with my beautiful girl on Wednesdays, and half the cost of your original awesome game. Fortnite.

Maybe my opinion isnt as big as the profits your getting, but i think they would be bigger at a different price point. With all of that being said. I wont stop playing. I LOVE this game. So ill see you on the battle field, looking dope as hell, while i merc you in my standard randomized skinset.

Comment

• #63
                                                                                                                              The fact this game was free meant I was so ready to pay for cosmetics and your loot boxes. But there is no way I will ever pay as much as you're charging. Bring. The. Prices. Down.

Comment

• #64
                                                                                                                                My god, people... You are playing a separate and an ABSOLUTELY FREE mode of a (currently) paid game. What, you now asking to get "everything in the game" for free too? How about... NO?

Comment

• #65
                                                                                                                                  I think the pricing is off....slightly. I don't mind supporting epic in this great game they have made, and can even tolerate higher than normal rates in a FTP model. $10 per skin is pretty insane tho. I'd say go half on that and it will start to make a little more sense. A 25$ purchase should net me about five items.

Comment

• #66
                                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ITinyTinaI View Post
                                                                                                                                    My god, people... You are playing a separate and an ABSOLUTELY FREE mode of a (currently) paid game. What, you now asking to get "everything in the game" for free too? How about... NO?
                                                                                                                                    I actually bought the game as well. I just don't play the pve just wanted to support the devs before their rip off loot boxes

Comment

• #67
                                                                                                                                      Originally posted by j0ckinjz View Post

To touch on my earlier post, it's nice you guys lowered the price a little. Still pricey at $15 for a special skin. And to everyone who says we shouldn't be complaining because we don't HAVE to buy these skins is 100% correct. And these high prices would not ruin the game, because its still the same amount of fun with or without custom skins.

I have 2 suggestions. Lowering the price a little more may actually drive in more money. For instance, if an uncommon skin is $8, then I'm only going to buy one and use that forever; but, if they're $5 bucks, I'd be willing to buy 2, maybe even 3. Thus making you more money.

My 2nd suggestion is to earn a small amount of v-bucks through challenges like i mentioned earlier. Even if its something like a 25 v-buck reward per daily challenge, then we can use that extra 150-200 vbucks towards our cash purchase of skins. I.E. If I earn 300 vbucks through challenges, then I wouldn't mind spending $5 on a skin (where the 300 earned vbucks would cover the rest of the $8 cost).
                                                                                                                                      exactly my statement to my clanmates and friends on stream. or in some fun way of showing US PvP players the Llama frustrations make some RNG Llamas and another currency (similar to PUBG) that you get "X points/bucks" (call em Kbucks for kills?) for damage/downs/kills/ and extra for top 6/3/1 or 10/3/1 or 25/10/1 like the leaderboard categories and we can buy Llamas with skins (and yes base toons can drop so you can select your base character etc and/or diff color shirts hair etc on white skins vs green level vs rare and epic and so on ) and dupes become like OW and become extra currency back toward next PvP Llama and hell make em tradable so I can give my friends and my alt accounts toon skins, there's MUCH potential there as well as you could outright sell Llama's for cheaper than the guaranteed store options (WHICH ARE ABOUT 45% TOO HIGH -- at least for mass sales IMO) with a small % chance of getting the store offerings and a boosted % of getting featured store offerings of the day/week if you hit that rarity of skin but leave it at like average for that rarity. then you could add seasonal loot PvP Llamas etc

I have no issue spending money on a F2P game to support it, but when one purchase is 33% or more of one AAA paid game I hesitate and then usually dont buy, had these skins been half what they were I would have bought ALL of them but it felt too high so I bought none, and same fro the 24 clanmates I play PvP games with -- two bought one skin and one bought a skin and a sickle instead of 24 of us buying 4 or more each (not to mention the gifting eachother stuff in games that occurs a lot between us in games like RocketLeague and PUBG etc... you could have made exponentially more if the prices were a bit more in tune with reality on what the value would be.

I OWN a company and make **** good money but just felt that the value wasn't there for the 15$ skins or having to grind PvE to get a few VBucks for PvP items,

dual currency solution and RNG solution provided would be better if PvP had its own currency separate from VBucks so that pricing could be more in line with the non PvE players who have 0 access or desire to play the PvE which inflated the price point

Comment

• #68
                                                                                                                                        Originally posted by ITinyTinaI View Post
                                                                                                                                        its a Paid early acess to get ahead of those who will join PvE when it too goes F2P.

we are asking and advising that they would indeed make more by selling items for a more reasonable cost, not to mention can you use the PvP skins in PvE yet?

think logically, I can sell 3% of 20 million players an item for 15$ or I can sell 68-79% of 20 million players more than 1 item at 5$ each and still sell 5 or more items to the aforementioned 3% of the 20 million players at 5$ each not counting those who would buy every item at 5$ each and those inbetween 1 and 5 purchases at 5$ each... which is more money?

Comment

• #69

S4 league and dragon nest are 2 games that come to mind. Why ? Because it was a gamble based system. Both had gamble systems which gave you a chance at the costume. In s4 you could get it below 50 if you where lucky enough then again the agenta costume (and other hero costumes) costed at minumum 100 unless extremely lucky. It was indeed a whales game. The biggest joke about the dragon nest costumes was that the models where already in the game + they even nerfed the stats of said costume later on.

I played so many games with costume shops and to be honest the only skins you mostly get for free are simple recolors. I wouldn't mind if they add recolored skins that somebody can earn, but as soon as its a bit special above 10 is not absurdly overpriced. I get the feeling most people that complain about the prices here haven't really played allot of games that have vanity shops. Well maybe league but then again lol already has such deep pockets they could terminate the game and still keep the entire staff paid untill the year 3080. Riot is a bad company to compare with as it's in a unique position, much like Blizzard.

Laying down 10/12 for a permanent costume is already a really good deal when compared to 90% of other games with vanity shops. I think the last game i played was kritika and i payed +/- 25 for a complete costume. You could earn to for free yeah if you where willing to trade badges for it ... which effectively was about 1/3 or 1/2 of your total strenght ... Which ever way you turn it free is not always free in kritika's case the vanity cost is losing progression.

Also i might add some skins here cost 800 v-bucks which translates in 8 bucks, but i know i know they are not "special" well if you want to be "special" you need to lay down another 4 ... Seriously man i don't know in which country you live, but i would be able to order 1 happy meal with that money and that would be it ....

Edit: And those french fries arn't "permanent" i might add ...
                                                                                                                                          Last edited by Rawrzory; 11-10-2017, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• #70
                                                                                                                                            Ryst if you think 10 is bad for a skin World of tanks Console just released a tank (a character pretty much) that costs £65 I almost threw up when I saw that price. 10 doesn't seem all that bad after seeing that tank.

eew

Comment

• #71
                                                                                                                                              Originally posted by ReynoldsUK View Post
                                                                                                                                              Ryst if you think 10 is bad for a skin World of tanks Console just released a tank (a character pretty much) that costs £65 I almost threw up when I saw that price. 10 doesn't seem all that bad after seeing that tank.

eew
                                                                                                                                              trying to justify one companies issues by looking at a Pay to Win company that even sells "Premium Ammo" thats even more pay to win is a logical fallacy

Comment

• #72
                                                                                                                                                Is anything going to be done about the differences between PC and console pricing? On PC i can pay USD for v-bucks, but on console it is in AUD, however the exchange rate being used is making it cost an extra 20-30% on top of the actual exchange rate. We are already paying a premium for cosmetic skins, which i have no issue with but the price gouging for people outside of the US is a bit much...

Comment

• #73
                                                                                                                                                  Sorry for the bad english, but im a German haha.

I love the Battle-Royale-part of Fortnite and i really want to buy a few skins in the future, but not for the current amount of VBucks.

Its not possible to buy a complete Skin-bundle at the moment so you have to buy 3 different things to have a complete set of parachute, outfit and pickaxe.
                                                                                                                                                  A good looking outfit is about 1200VBucks, an Axe and a parachte are about 800 VBucks so i have to spend at least 30€ to get a complete set?
                                                                                                                                                  Thats way to expensive in my opinion.

I really want to support this game with money but not for 30€ and only 3 skins

Comment

• #74
                                                                                                                                                    Really hoping they reduce the prices overall, or let us earn vbucks in BR...even if it is super grindy. Like 5 vbucks per kill, 10-15 per win.... anything to help take some of the sting out of the current shop.

With no way to earn vbucks from BR and the prices too high buying some of the cooler items for around $30 for just 1 "complete outfit" seems a little painful. I know you can earn vbucks in the pve mode( I did but a founders pack, btw) but I don't play the pve mode.

Comment

• #75
                                                                                                                                                      Funny Story:
                                                                                                                                                      I heard Fortnite was getting a BR-mode. I thought: "YEEEEESSSSS man!" (I like EPIC, i like these comic-style and I like BR ->perfect match!)
                                                                                                                                                      Downloaded it, played it. All was perfect, except the the random look of my char every round. I thought :"NOOOOOOOO, why?! Why i can't choose my own char?!"
                                                                                                                                                      I stopped playing it, because the second importend Thing in a game for me is my Char (the importend is the game itself).
                                                                                                                                                      Few days ago i heared, that Skins are now ingame. I thought: "YEEEEEESSS man!"
                                                                                                                                                      Started it and thought: "WTF!? The only way earn Vbucks is real Money?" I get it: Skins are no Need for a f2p game, but why I can't even choose a gender of my Char?
                                                                                                                                                      That's my turn off. I just want a char, my char. Cmon put some Basic chars ingame to choose, or at least let us selct a gender......

Comment

• #76
                                                                                                                                                        If they plan on adding earnable BR vbucks im fine with the current price. However if they keep it as it is I think the price could be lowered a bit. Ive got the founders pack, played some PVE for awhile but now every time i get on to grind vBucks i decide id rather do BR lol. I bought 1000 vbucks and the full game. I dont mind supporting the game.

however ive got 2 kids and dont have time to grind in PVE when my video game time i want to enjoy BR. I only splurged because I got a 5 dollar gift certificate from microsoft for the holidays, without it I dont know if i would have dropped 10 bucks to buy a glider skin.

i would definitely buy several for cheaper as money isnt really the problem, but the value.

if they dont want to change the pricing, and they dont want to add vbucks earning into the PVP mode, that is fair enough but I would suggest making basic changes earnable. Just solid color gliders for doing certain things, reaching certain levels, some daily challenges or doing so many of the challenges. Something cool with these is the solid color no design could easily work with the umbrellas. For now only my founders camo works. Same for outfits, just give some solid colored or basic pattern shirts and a few different jeans. Could just be shirts and bottoms to add to random or picked character or could be now certain sets.

These free/earnable would be very simple and basic and nothing special. Just a goal to reach and allow you to have more character choice without diluting the paid for skins and simple easy coding so its not wasted man hours. It appeases the "give us free stuff" group as well as the "let me choose my character" and "more goals to play" groups without isolating the guys spending money and still making those cool skins worth it.

Comment

• #77
                                                                                                                                                          Am I the only one, who feels ignored by the Devs? I mean: No Statement here, on Twitter or elsewhere. It feels like: " You can take a bus-ride for free, but have to buy a coffee at Starbucks first". Again: Buying Skins for real Money is Standard in nearly every f2p games. BUT: In EVERY f2p game you can earn ingame the Skins too. That's no critic for the Skins-selling-policy. It's a critic for the missing ingame possibility.

Comment

• #78
                                                                                                                                                            Ya I don't mind spending money on skins at all in COD Advance warfare I spent hundreds of dollars on skins and they gave battle packs out at every level u reached and I still bought more what bothers me is that leveling up is basically for nothing u don't earn anything after 25 and the Season shop I was mad hyped for I thought it was free unlocks at certain levels and than I see u have to pay 10+ dollars for ONE SKIN ARE U CRAZY I'm sorry I get it's a free game but the prices are to high and we also get close to nothing for putting hours into the game which is dumb I love this game I really do but lately I don't really feel like playing anymore because here is nothing to earn, yes I guess a win but what does that get u NOTHING!!!!! I thought we would get a llama for it but no . I was looking forward to PUBG my brother on the other hand is/was hyped for PUBG it's all he can talk about but than he started to play this and really enjoyed it and stopped talking about PUBG all the time and even said I might not even buy PUBG now but after not getting anything for a win and the skins are 10 bucks and he was most disappointed with the season shop as well thinking those items or skins were free you just had to get to the level (as I thought also) but than seeing they were even higher priced now it's back to "I can't wait tell the 12th so we can play PUBG together" which sucks cause u almost had him a loyal PUBG player was going to be playing Fortnite instead but nope u lost him and honestly I didn't even want PUBG but now I'm leaning towards that game as well. Deep down I don't want to I want EPIC to save me and my brother but they haven't said **** which sucks. ( I know it's just skins but it means alot to people and giving players something to play for and look forward to is much more important,) sorry I rumbled on there

P.S. SAVE ME EPIC BEFORE THE 12TH
                                                                                                                                                            GT: SG FeLLoN (xbl)

Comment

• #79
                                                                                                                                                              I want to break down 2 of the Critics and add mine ;)

"Make V-Bucks earnable by Playing"

Obviously, its already implemented in the PvE Part as well as Paragon (the other F2P Project of Epic)
                                                                                                                                                              So no doubt this will be an added feater sooner or later.

My Guess would be Daily Log in Rewards for the BR part and Daily Missions that might give you randomly XP or V-Bucks as a reward.

However, the implementation will take some time, cause it´s something they have to collect Player stats first, to properly implement this.
                                                                                                                                                              Otherwise, earnings could be to low/high and the Shtstorm will start all over.
                                                                                                                                                              Also, if they implement it in a wrong way like "getting V-Bucks for simply playing matches" could lead up to AFK Famers.

So they have to find a good, fair amount of earnable V-Bucks for us and them, as well as making sure there is no way of abusing the free earn ways.

"Skins are too expensive"

If you ask me - Definitely it´s overpriced.

However, it all comes down to the Question - How many ppl already buying the skins?

Epic is a company, so obviously they want to make Profit. And they want to make as much Profit as possible.

A Little example of what you got to keep in mind, even f it´s too expensive:

Let´s say Price for a Skin is 800 VB - 5000 Players buying Skins for that price = 4 Million VB spend
                                                                                                                                                              Epic lowers the Price for Tier 1 Skins to 500 VB, now 7000 Players buying Skins = 3,5 Million VB spend

So what they have to do is find the So-called "Equilibrium price"
                                                                                                                                                              This is the point wich both (Price and buyers) are both at they´re highest.

This might be higher than you´re personal budget - But personally, i doubt they found this point yet.

So, if you want the prices to lower, keep "not" buying^^

Just keep in mind! - Lowering Skin prices to its half does not necessarily mean the double amount of Player Buying them.
                                                                                                                                                              Also in FNBR you are basically done as soon as you buy a Skins since there is one Char you play that's it. So it´s hard to compare to for expl. a MOBA in which ppl spend money on skins for each char.

Now a look into the "Crystal Ball" to speculate the Monetisation Future of FNBR ;)

- There will be Lootboxes with random Cosmetic stuff in the future. (hopefully without fillers of endless XP boost or else) expect them implemented bevor X-Mas and with a key system
                                                                                                                                                              - They might implement different colours/dyes/shades/camouflage pattern as an item as well ( i would do so)
                                                                                                                                                              - Tier 3 Skins could be Skins with a backpack (that's the way in the PvE part of the game) however, the fact we didn´t saw them yet might be... They will implement Backpacks as an item in match/game later - so they won´t appear visually until they have a real purpose in match

Additional Cosmetics could be, Skins Tier 1-5, Player Icons, Gliders, Pickaxes, Colours, Weapon Skins, Backpacks, Emotes.
                                                                                                                                                              maybe they separating Accessories from the Skins making, Head and else separate available ( i doubt it thou)

The more ways of spending money getting added the more ppl spend money and the more free stuff they will be able to hand out.

my 2 cent:

I spend quite a lot money in any f2p game i enjoyed - i bought the Founders Ult Pack for fortnite and wasn´t satisfied afterwards when i saw what effect the content had on the game. FNBR so far didn't catch me(in game store wise, gameplay is awesome!), prices really are to high in my opinion. However, im grinding through the PvE part to get some Skins for BR.
                                                                                                                                                              While i love to collect all skins and be ready to spend money as soon as prices drop a bit - The majority of players will be happy as soon as they have the one BadAss looking skin. So far there is no much of a reason to spend money on additional Skins
                                                                                                                                                              Last edited by Knastcore; 11-19-2017, 03:42 PM.
                                                                                                                                                              Ill have the Battle Royal... with cheeze

Comment

• #80
                                                                                                                                                                If I purchase just a female skin and equip it as my outfit, is it possible that I load into a match with the default male skins?

Comment

• #81
                                                                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Eofficial View Post
                                                                                                                                                                  If I purchase just a female skin and equip it as my outfit, is it possible that I load into a match with the default male skins?
                                                                                                                                                                  No, you will always be the "Skin" you have selected - Just if you select no skin you will get Random Default Skins

Comment

• #82
                                                                                                                                                                    Honestly I think the prices are decent. I bought the skins and I will continue doing so. Good job so far epic

Comment

• #83
                                                                                                                                                                      The Price is not the Problem. The Problem is that you have to buy a Skin to have a "Basic non-random" char. And thats creedy. Selecting a Basic char or at least the gender is Standard in nearly EVERY f2p gane. But not here...

Comment

• #84
                                                                                                                                                                        Originally posted by [EPIC] arCtiC View Post
                                                                                                                                                                        UPDATE: We talked about the pricing of the higher tier Halloween skins and we didn't feel good about the price. So we're lowering them.

We were originally going to price both Skull Trooper and Ghoul Trooper at 2000 coins. The Ghoul Trooper will be lowered to 1500 Coins, while the Skull Trooper will be lowered to 1200 coins. We'll be updating this image in the Release Notes. Happy Halloween!

I know people are going to be curious about the store pricing and I'm starting to see a few questions trickle in so here's the breakdown:

GLIDERS
                                                                                                                                                                        • 500 Coins
                                                                                                                                                                        • 800 Coins
                                                                                                                                                                        • 1500 Coins

PICKAXES
                                                                                                                                                                        • 500 Coins
                                                                                                                                                                        • 800 Coins
                                                                                                                                                                        • 1500 Coins

SKINS
                                                                                                                                                                        • 800 Coins
                                                                                                                                                                        • 1200 Coins (Skull Trooper Skin)
                                                                                                                                                                        • 1500 Coins (Ghoul Trooper Skin)
                                                                                                                                                                        • 2000 Coins (Future cool-looking Skins)

If there are follow up questions, feel free ask away.
                                                                                                                                                                        Hello,

I would sugest to not ruin your pricing model as the current prices are not optimized. I would recommend doing 2 things to improve your income and help yourself and the community.

First cut the prices to a logical prices. No player wants to have only one skin, so it is better to have much more skins with lover prices to use the economy of scale. For example the price for a golden skins should be up to 5-6 Eu.
                                                                                                                                                                        Create a community workshop where people could create skins and the selected ones would be added to the game and you would share the sales with the creator. Or put cosmetic loot boxes that would be up to 2 Eu and you could get any skin from it ofc there should be community case 1 2 etc and Halloween cases and etc. The winner of the match could get a box or two and one for the second place. Also if you would market place and take % of transactions same as steam , you would even get more money.

The reason is - you have to give some sort of worth for people wanting to win to drive people to play and you have to make the prices low enough for people seem that it is worth. I want to support the game, but I will not invest the minimum prices for a skin as I work with marketing and I do not want to support a bad cost model on a game. A simple example could be En Masse and Game forge. You have Game Forge pricing model and everybody hates Game forge, and likes Enmasse.

Comment

• #85
                                                                                                                                                                          Originally posted by MinDiuSe View Post

Hello,

I would sugest to not ruin your pricing model as the current prices are not optimized. I would recommend doing 2 things to improve your income and help yourself and the community.

First cut the prices to logical prices. No player wants to have only one skin, so it is better to have much more skins with lover prices to use the economy of scale. For example, the price for golden skin should be up to 5-6 Eu.
                                                                                                                                                                          Create a community workshop where people could create skins and the selected ones would be added to the game and you would share the sales with the creator. Or put cosmetic loot boxes that would be up to 2 Eu and you could get any skin from it ofc there should be community case 1 2 etc and Halloween cases and etc. The winner of the match could get a box or two and one for the second place. Also if you would marketplace and take % of transactions same as steam, you would even get more money.

The reason is - you have to give some sort of worth for people wanting to win to drive people to play and you have to make the prices low enough for people seem that it is worth. I want to support the game, but I will not invest the minimum prices for a skin as I work with marketing and I do not want to support a bad cost model on a game. A simple example could be En Masse and Game Forge. You have Game Forge pricing model and everybody hates Game forge, and likes Enmasse.

As long as you don´t have the actual numbers Epic has internal, you never know if its a bad pricing/bad cost model.

There is a measurement method called ARPU (Average revenue per USer) if Epic is atm at the goal ARPU rate, they are fine with the pricing. There will be more different items to spend money on obviously in the future. Those could push the ARPU higher even if they´re not at their goal right now ( i doubt they are)

A Huge amount of Player buys only one Skin for they´re main Char even in MOBAs with tons of different Chars to play. They eventually upgrade to a skin that in their eyes is looking better, but there is a certain timeframe you have to wait for bevor publishing a new Awesome skin. If you do this to fast the overall value goes down, making Skins less Special. Same goes for the entire lvl and the "affordability" to cheap skins downgrade the value not just literally.
                                                                                                                                                                          That's why Exclusive Skins often pushing sales up

overall less than 5% of users actually spend money on F2P Titles. Obviously depending on Genre. But if you also enjoy the PvE part, there is already alot VBuck to earn

There will be ways to earn some Vbucks for free in the future and probably every season will give you 1-2 free cosmetics.
                                                                                                                                                                          The store is fairly new and it will take some time, collected data end else bevor the true final price will be set.
                                                                                                                                                                          Also more stuff to buy will increase money spend, this might not lead to a lower price for items, instead we get more free stuff or higher rate of currency earned the free way

But a Secondary Market and community Workshop is something that's not easy to pull off, i would rather hope they focus on improving the game, creating more content them self. Those ideas are cool but there is a reason why barely outside of steam, Devs have that kind of things. It takes a huge amount of internal resource and can actually turn earnings down no matter if you get your X% share of any sold item on the secondary market.

_____

While I also hope for a bit of a price drop there are a few things that could help

* Bundles - lower price if you decide to buy a full set of like Skin/Glider/Pickaxe maybe even Profile Icon and Weapons Skins... Emotes???
                                                                                                                                                                          * Lootboxes/supply drops - I know atm there is a shtstorm going on about this topic due to EA´s PayToWin Lootboxes in BF2, but generally, they´re cool
                                                                                                                                                                          just don´t fill it with worthless fillers like XP Boost or else and make an overall Value high enough to compensate for the Randomness
                                                                                                                                                                          (best Lootcrate system, in my opinion, SMITE - you will get all items at one point cause the max amount of items is set)

Comment

• #86
                                                                                                                                                                            I'd understand the price if the skins were unique to BR, but they're not. Most (if not all) Hero skins you can purchase for BR use models that were already created and obtainable in PvE. So it does feel kinda off.

Still, I purchased one Hero skin because I don't like some of the default characters. Just wish skins were actually composed of different helms, clothes, backpacks and character, with some recolouring, rather than one complete model.

For Pickaxe and Glider, price seems more reasonable, albeit still a bit pricey, since those models are created only for BR.

Comment

• #87
                                                                                                                                                                              The pricing is so bad lmao. £10-£20 for a ****ing skin looool. I've never seen a game ask that much for a character skin.

Comment

• #88
                                                                                                                                                                                This game needs a sense of progression. Something to work towards. The character level means nothing to me and the leaderboards are about the laziest thing I've ever seen.

Playing a lot of games solo is fun and all but after a while you wish that your wins were rewarding you with something. I'd love to unlock cosmetics but I don't feel like you get a lot for your money and then I'm restricted to what I can get with the credits I buy. Even though PUBG's cosmetics are garbage, you can at least earn more and more of them as you play. I understand that they want to drive people to the PVE game but... I just do not like it at all. So I don't see that as a viable way to grind the currency.

Sigh. Such a good game but I'm really not happy with the state of progression and microtransactions. I've love to be able to spend some money (about the price of a game) and still be able to earn more credits in-game.

Comment

• #89
                                                                                                                                                                                  Originally posted by MinDiuSe View Post

Hello,

First cut the prices to a logical prices. No player wants to have only one skin, so it is better to have much more skins with lover prices to use the economy of scale. For example the price for a golden skins should be up to 5-6 Eu.
                                                                                                                                                                                  Create a community workshop where people could create skins and the selected ones would be added to the game and you would share the sales with the creator. Or put cosmetic loot boxes that would be up to 2 Eu and you could get any skin from it ofc there should be community case 1 2 etc and Halloween cases and etc. The winner of the match could get a box or two and one for the second place. Also if you would market place and take % of transactions same as steam , you would even get more money.

The reason is - you have to give some sort of worth for people wanting to win to drive people to play and you have to make the prices low enough for people seem that it is worth. I want to support the game, but I will not invest the minimum prices for a skin as I work with marketing and I do not want to support a bad cost model on a game. A simple example could be En Masse and Game forge. You have Game Forge pricing model and everybody hates Game forge, and likes Enmasse.
                                                                                                                                                                                  Here is the problem with your, and others, comments here.

Epic, like every business, have people that gauge the market and monitor what people are spending and if their prices are making a profit.

In the case of EA, things went overboard and they had to change. As things are not changing here you can see that people are paying their prices and it's making a profit.

Unless they stop making a profit they won't change their prices regardless of forum posts unless it gets to be as big of an uproar as EA had which isn't happening here.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                                                                                                                    Hey, guys i wanted to get the skull trooper skin, i put 25 bugs in it today, but it isnt available on shop, and some people is saying it ends today, can you please put it on store tomorrow? Pleaseeeee i put 25 bugs in it just for that

By the way, i didn't know today was the last day T-T
                                                                                                                                                                                    Last edited by JoKeR_GGs; 11-28-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• #91
                                                                                                                                                                                      Originally posted by JoKeR_GGs View Post
                                                                                                                                                                                      Hey, guys i wanted to get the skull trooper skin, i put 25 bugs in it today, but it isnt available on shop, and some people is saying it ends today, can you please put it on store tomorrow? Pleaseeeee i put 25 bugs in it just for that

By the way, i didn't know today was the last day T-T
                                                                                                                                                                                      Sorry to tell you, but it´s gone for good now - it was in the store for the last 48 hours, you 10 Hours late thou.

But there is surely a Winter kind of event coming with great skins, other than that there is always next year.

Comment

• #92
                                                                                                                                                                                        Creaters of fortnite, could you possibly add a feature where you can earn v-bucks? Like for every kill in battle royal you get 2 v-bucks? I would greatly appreciate it

Comment

• #93
                                                                                                                                                                                          i understand that BATTLE ROYALE is free, but vbucks prices are so overpriced.
                                                                                                                                                                                          just to get a character skin they literally make you spend $20 minimum....
                                                                                                                                                                                          $10 minimum for a different Pick...

Im always down to support a game and spend a little cash, but seriously, $20 bucks for a skin is a rip...

Comment

• #94
                                                                                                                                                                                            The entire cosmetic system needs to be re-evaluated, maybe take a page from dota2, because atm your pricing scheme doesn't make any sense. The most attractive skins fetch the highest price point, that's fine but the less attractive ones that i would settle for still fetch a high price despite no one buying them. (Evident because we don't even see people in game using it). A compromise would maybe rotate through them as a daily sale.

I like diversity and i like the opportunity to make micro transactions but when you set the price point too high, we won't buy it. Yes you have a handful of people who don't care how much you price them at, but that's just a small % of the player base(streamers and kids not spending their own money). A majority of us are cheap and like our micro transactions to be less than 10 dollars. Yes, i know the game is free but so is dota2, what's your point? they make an absurd amount from community contributions on their cosmetics. At the very basic a pickax is 8 and a mediocre skin is 10? ok. how about, 2.95 and 5.95.

I'm actually ok with the ghoul and zombie skins being priced higher but when i saw the price at release, i did not make a purchase.

I know you guys are intending to offering a seasonal pass to earn skins (this too is a dota2 model, seasonal passes) so i'm waiting for that if anything.

I am also aware that random generated skins from crates is borderline gambling so i won't even bring that up.

Thanks for reading! and FYI i have spent over 200 on dota2 but the amount i received is more than worth it. I'm not looking to spend 200 on FNBR to see only 20 skins vs my 100+ in dota2.

Comment

• #95
                                                                                                                                                                                              Randomly generated Crate stuff is not all a thing in FNBR. But it is in dota2 btw - even thou, you can´t get duplicates well except you go for the Special items.

Season Pass info is out, and its almost free - you pay 950 Vbucks (9,50 €) and unlock 65+ items(3 of wich are Tier 2 Skins 1200VB). Part of those items is another 1000 VB so you get it all for "free" while converting your 10 Bucks into Vbucks.

While I also think skins are overpriced.
                                                                                                                                                                                              To be Fair in comparison to dota - You got like 150+ different Heros while in fortnite you only play this one guy all the time.

So a huge amount of players, buy one skin and they´re fine with it until they see a better one.
                                                                                                                                                                                              In Dota many want to have a special skin for each Hero or at least Skin for those Heros they play the most, they´re main etc.

The way FNBR is made gives ppl less reason to buy a ton of skins compared to Games with 150+ different Heros or even 27 like you see i overwatch.
                                                                                                                                                                                              and they got to compensate for that. At least that's the way I put it

Comment

• #96
                                                                                                                                                                                                The new "Red Knight" skin in the weekly store costs $20. Thought you said you felt bad about charging $20 for a skin? I'm all for supporting a free to play game, but this is a bit ridiculous.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Knastcore View Post

Sorry to tell you, but it´s gone for good now - it was in the store for the last 48 hours, you 10 Hours late thou.

But there is surely a Winter kind of event coming with great skins, other than that there is always next year.
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Really?
                                                                                                                                                                                                  I missed the Shadow Ops skin and will it not appear later in as daily item?
                                                                                                                                                                                                  Do i have to wait until next december?

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Originally posted by Gonzalo24 View Post

Really?
                                                                                                                                                                                                    I missed the Shadow Ops skin and will it not appear later in as daily item?
                                                                                                                                                                                                    Do i have to wait until next december?
                                                                                                                                                                                                    No i'm sure it will be back a few more times before the end of Season 2 but probably not til after christmas as all the xmas cosmetics are currently in full force as we are in the lead up week to xmas.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Nether Beast View Post

No i'm sure it will be back a few more times before the end of Season 2 but probably not til after christmas as all the xmas cosmetics are currently in full force as we are in the lead up week to xmas.
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Oh ok thanks for info!
                                                                                                                                                                                                      Wanted this outfit but didn't have enough money

Comment

• Originally posted by jim2point0 View Post

$10 gets you 1000 vBucks

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewQL View Post
                                                                                                                                                                                                          The new "Red Knight" skin in the weekly store costs $20. Thought you said you felt bad about charging $20 for a skin? I'm all for supporting a free to play game, but this is a bit ridiculous.
                                                                                                                                                                                                          At least it isn't RNG and you're guaranteed the skin, unlike in PVE with Llamas. Besides the skin is under the "Legendary" tier so it will cost that amount by default, unless Epic decides to change the values for current skin tiers.

While I understand it is a bit costly for some nobody is getting an advantage out of it and you could always wait for a lesser tier skin to be released that looks satisfactory to you.

Comment

• I'm from EU, is there way to buy v-bucks in USD? 9.99 EUR is not equal to 9.99USD

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Moose Jesus View Post

Got my Up vote. The best and well descriptive comment I've came across, from start to finish dude!

Comment

• well its even worse in Australia because on console the price for 1000 v-buck gets put up to $15! so to get a cool skin you need to be paying $30 which is ridiculous.

Comment

• are u going to allow in the next update winning v buck through battle for player who are not in premium ? i really wantto improve and buy in the game but i cant because im not premium please help

Comment

• Hello guys is there a chance that Red Knight outfit appear again in Item Shop or there is not a way? Bvs im really angry on me that i missed that skin in shop :)

Comment

• Hi since the next event mode is the one with the bush and the silent weapons will we review the skin shadow ops?

Comment

• Max 1500 Vbucks should be okay. If to cheap, there is no meaning to buy one if everybody will have a same skin..

Comment

• Please bring back the Red Knight!

Comment

• Based on how high store items are priced, V-Bucks are overpriced period! Have they not clued in that more people will buy if it's reasonably priced = more revenue. With how inflated everything is I refuse to buy V-Bucks as do a lot of players. $10-$20 for a Llama and half the time it's garbage. Robbery for transform material in my opinion.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Last edited by Endoproxy; 01-05-2018, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• If skins were 100-200 or so vbucks as default, and a max of 400, I probably would have bought $50 odd vbucks as well as the battle pass. Instead I just got the battle pass. And it'll probably be my last purchase. No game I've ever even heard of is so greedy for so little. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Surprised that many items are still so expensive, like the new released outfit 20€, really??? So far i only bought the battle pass, way better value then any of the skins you can buy in my opinion. I don't mind spending 10€ every season for a battle pass, it's good value for money if you play and that way i still support Epic a bit.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                I'm a mature gamer, and i do understand that games cost money to make and to maintain but the cosmetics are just overpriced, if they were like 500 v bucks (around 5€) i probably would've bought a couple already (probably for more then 20€). As it stands now i will limit my purchases just to the battlepass. I don't mind spending some money on a game i just don't want to feel scammed or robbed when i buy something.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                For 2000 v bucks you should atleast offer a whole set (outfit, glider, pickaxe and a dance maybe) imo and not just an outfit, and even then it would be on the pricey side.

I really like this game, and the way how Epic handles it and the community is refreshing after playing some other developers titles, would be nice to see if the cosmetics pricing becomes a bit more balanced as well. I think it would benefit both sides.

Comment

• It is funny, people arguing on cosmetics. I used standard given outfit only since I cannot afford to buy a new outfit. But still, enjoyed and have fun with the game.

Comment

• Clearly you completely missed the point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eqaulo View Post
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I don't mind spending 10€ every season for a battle pass, it's good value for money if you play and that way i still support Epic a bit..
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Just keep in mind it was a welcome/test Price - Page showed the BP price "50% off" normal price 1800 VB - However, they also mentioned that future BP will only be buyable with real money. Which is understandable since you unlocked 1200VB within the BP 1/season 2 - which means you could buy BP 2 just from the earnings of BP1 and keep that going like forever.

But even 20€ is a great price/value for the battle pass - you unlock 7700+ worth of VB within getting to max Tier.

On to the main topic:

With the introduction of the Battle Pass they did give an awesome price/value addition to the game, something which is also more rewarding the more you play. While standard prices for Skins are still a bit too high in my opinion. At least they kept it at 2000 max even with "Raptor" which is compared to previous Legendary Skins a real full Remodel.

Hope for more remodels in a good release rate (not like 3 Month per High tier skin, looking at you Paragon) and im willing to spend 2k for a remodel. Also, the amount of Raptor Skin owners is quite high so, i guess I'm not alone with the love for remodels

DarkArrow40 and Darktears7 The Red Knight and the Shadow Ops skin are both Parts of the "Standart rotation" and not related to X-mas/Season 2 - so they will surely be back in the store at some point in the future.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Weekly items (now called featured items) will be raised to 4 slots and Daily items to 6 from tomorrow on. so it will surely be rotating back in soon.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      Last edited by Knastcore; 01-17-2018, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• Well i think they should do as overwatch.... Put crates and inside crates you have skins / emotions / avatars etc. And give some creates after completing a level or a daily chalenge . That way you can have a meaning to play more ( besides fun ) .

I know at least this is not p2w but the lack of earnable content its a turn down for me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        X