Storm moving phase, and time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm moving phase, and time

Ehi there guys, I just made with a friend a little consideration after losing at the very end of the game, in a duo-match.

We dropped pretty far from the first safe area (we dropped sud-west, the area was at East) and it just kept closing in the far far far east, to the point that part of it was for a good time in the sea.
    Now, this isn't a real criticism but... I'm the only one feeling that the time given during the "run" from the Storm is too... short?

I mean, we didn't spend time looting more than what we need, we had a gunfight or two (none ended with a death, everyone had to run away after all) and we only killed one guy not much before a named area (Retail Row) were I was able to use that Golden sniper rifle for a 3 second "fight".

Then we got butt-****ed because we had to keep running in a pretty busy are or we would have died in the Storm.
    Basically, we had no chance to avoid it, we never spent time in area excluded the starting phase and 1 minute during the first phase.

How do you feel about it? Most of the time 1.30 minute is a time fair to reach the safe zone if you were already moving but... hella, not if you are dropped in the """wrong""" side of the island.

I feel you. Sometimes it's really ****** when you have the storm nearby. But thats bad luck.
    You have to take a look at the border of that. Always.
    Loot fast and then go on. Stay near the the storm so you are more safe from behind.

You'll get the stuff from killing other players.

Honestly I really like the idea of putting something like a storm into it. And I think the time is enough.

Comment

Quit ****ing crying,you lost because you was dumb,learn from mistake

Comment

Originally posted by P_PP3T View Post
        That's not the point, i've played several matches where i had to run for 10 minutes crossing the entire map to end up in late game without a good loadout or mats because i had to run like hell, these weren't funny matches at all...

Comment

Originally posted by y3ll0vv View Post

That's not the point, i've played several matches where i had to run for 10 minutes crossing the entire map to end up in late game without a good loadout or mats because i had to run like hell, these weren't funny matches at all...
          It definitely can be unfortunate if you drop near the outskirts and get really bad storm placement, you have to just hope you can do a quick sweep on the way to the safe zone or rely on getting the upper hand on some opponents to get their gear. But, it keeps the game moving at a brisk pace and keeps the storm a constant and interesting element to gameplay. Its kind of the risk/reward of where you land, outskirts often have less loot, but you'll likely run into less resistance but also chance the storm. Ultimately its all what makes each match so dynamic and keeps the game fresh, I wouldn't change it at all.

Originally posted by P_PP3T View Post
          You know, people who live in glass houses probably shouldn't be throwing stones.
          Last edited by Jacob Armitage; 12-31-2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Completely agree. The storm sometimes punishes good play and rewards bad play, but on the whole it brings a welcome random element to the whole game. And if you’re really a good player, you’ll be keeping an eye on the storm’s progress at all times anyway.

Comment

By the way, while we’re on the subject...

I remember seeing a post somewhere showing roughly how long it takes to run across one square of the map. Can anyone remember? Obviously it depends partly on terrain, but a rough guide would be useful.

Comment

You're given more than enough time. Just make sure to haul *** if the circle is across the map.

Comment

Originally posted by username_jp View Post
                  You're given more than enough time. Just make sure to haul *** if the circle is across the map.
                  I agree that you have more than enough time. I just wondered if anyone had measured the exact time it takes. I might sacrifice a game or two and measure it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by WaywardPython View Post
                    By the way, while we’re on the subject...

I remember seeing a post somewhere showing roughly how long it takes to run across one square of the map. Can anyone remember? Obviously it depends partly on terrain, but a rough guide would be useful.
                    It's about 1 minute for each square, thats what I give myself anyways, but I always add another 30 seconds just in case of fights or hills and such, so if I am one square away i run at 1:30 left or more.

Also finding a good looting route that you can loot quick helps, I always land very top or very bottom and storm can be annoying but I loot quick and know how much time I have.

The problem isn't really "not enough time" it's other players who think its a great idea to sit and fight when the storm in closing while not being in the safe zone.

Comment

1 minute to cross from side to side, or diagonally from one corner to another? Never mind, I’ll do a measurement myself. But thanks for the yardstick.

Agree about players hanging around while the storm is moving in. I was running towards the circle recently when a guy ran towards me (AWAY from the circle) and gunned me down. Given he was much closer to the circle than me, I wonder what was going through his mind. He wouldn’t have had time to loot me before the storm took him. Hope he died, heh heh...

(I guess some people just want the kills. Given my pathetic K/D, I can sympathise...)

Comment

Working...
                      X