Collapse
X

Rifles Still Hit Based more on rng than skill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloom is really annoying, it makes fights too random and unpredictable. You can aim with the same skill and in one fight you totally devastate them and in another totally whiff. I would rather bloom be smaller but make the hitboxes harder to hit.

Comment

make melees stronger

Comment

Originally posted by All the Rage View Post
        Games 90% luck 5% skill 5% strategy.
        LOL, no. There's a reason good players win more than others.

Comment

As much as I like Borderlands (500+ hours in it), it's silly to compare gun fire behaviour between Fortnite BR and Borderlands. The game's core gameplay is entirely different.

Comment

Originally posted by Termie99 View Post
            The "skill" in this game is increasing the odds of your success. You make tactical decisions that will a) give you a better shot, and b) keep you from taking damage or dying. In order to be successful in this game, you just have to play the odds. Yes, luck is a significant element, but what I'm saying is that you can make it less about luck and more about making good decisions.

This game is not designed to have real-world realism. It's based on RPG elements, just like Borderlands. The very crux of an RPG is about playing the percentages to increase your chances at a positive outcome. As soon as you accept this, you will have far less to complain about. If you can't handle it, go play PUBG.

/rant
            This is silly. The game would be enhanced significantly by better gunplay. It would just add another layer of depth to the skills involved in combat. It would not harm the game or the other skills involved in winning battle royale. If they're going to use bloom as a mechanic, they could at least improve the first shot accuracy for non-scoped weapons. This isn't about people needing to learn the game or adapt. I am doing *fine*, but I still want better gunplay.

Comment

Bloom makes the gun fights rely stupid amounts in pure luck, especially when using ar.

Comment

I just got out of a game where me and another person were about 30 feet away both peaking as little as possible, I had a green AR and he had an AR (not sure which tier) and I am aware that weapon bloom is a thing so I burst fired my shots, I hit about 1-3 and he backed off then re-peaked, when he did my crosshairs were already set to where his head was but no shot hit as they did before. Him however landed consecutive shots that took off my >75 shield and 100 health before I was able to move down to recover, I feel as though the rifles (other than the scar because that's crazy accurate) are too RNG based and that gunfight has lead me to believe something should be done about it.

Comment

Does sitting still crouching work ? Lol Ive had instances where I sat still And shot directly at a guy neither of us moving, Hit and destroyed a tree outside of greasy and the last 5 bullets hit him and killed him lol It was pure comedy, I dont think im good at this game but really bloom is just annoying sometimes.

Thats why so many people run at you with shotguns or Rpgs because you never know.

earlier today I had a guy shoot at me first, I was half health I shot back And I beamed him and survived with 2 hp although I should have been dead. And I was just like bloom is a trip.

Comment

Originally posted by AD80 View Post

The developers said in a recent video of upcoming changes that they are making every bullet a projectile just like the sniper. Just have patience.
                    Where can I find this video? I'm still waiting for the Test Mode no.2, the first one was over a month ago

Comment

They dont lissen to anyone its epic games
                      Ruined the pve version basicly told evryone to go fck themselfs
                      made a BR version and now they're doing the same more intrested in selling cash shop items that actually doing work

EPIC GAMES IS THE NEXT GAMEFORGE.
                      They close evry game down after they got enough money out of it
                      make a new game and repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by User-4db630dac View Post
                        They dont lissen to anyone its epic games
                        Ruined the pve version basicly told evryone to go fck themselfs
                        made a BR version and now they're doing the same more intrested in selling cash shop items that actually doing work

EPIC GAMES IS THE NEXT GAMEFORGE.
                        They close evry game down after they got enough money out of it
                        make a new game and repeat.
                        How does one sell items to people who don’t like their product? You figure this one out and you’ll have enough money to develop a good game yourself.

Now for the reason I posted, why do people revive long dead threads? This thread was created 6 months ago and yesterday’s update to the shooting mechanics gave everyone a way to eliminate RNG from their shots altogether......

Comment

Working...
                        X