Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 reason why Fortnite is actually a terrible game.

Collapse
X

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Weapon inconsistency: Shotgun damage is just a random roll of the dice. Sometimes it's 100 damage, sometimes it's 10 damage. All at the same range. It literally makes no sense. I was just in a game where I hit someones feet with a rocket, and then hit them with a blue pump twice no more than 3 feet away and they aren't dead. A ROCKET and 2 pumps...
    2. Bloom: Wow, I've never seen bloom as bad as fortnite. Shooting more than 2 shots and all of a sudden your crosshairs are the size of quarter.
    3. SBMM: Regardless of what many of you think, there needs to be some time of matchmaking. People have different skill levels and experience. Tired of going against people with 4 times more games played and wins than me. There is a clear indication that he has more experience and thus more skill than me. This is huge for newer players. You literally get destroyed the first 1000 games you play. Do you know how demoralizing it is get stomped for 1000 games straight?
    4.Plain ole' logic: I jump out of the sky and use a glider to glide down to the ground. Once I hit the ground, where does my glider go? It just disappears the rest of the game unless I hit a launch pad or rift. I mean wtf... If you're going to have gliders in the game, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to jump off a cliff and take out your glider at any point.
    5.Building: Fortnite was created around building. I took their survey and i'd say 70% of the questions were about building. Why do they keep nerfing it? Increase the amount of materials you get. This **** is turning into farmville having to constantly axe down trees for 20 wood.

Those large stone rocks give you a lot of brick materials. More than large wood trees. I think its a mistake but I won't question it. Plus, knowing wooden pallet locations is very useful and to know what trees give you the most materials in the least amount of time (the ones at Tomato Temple). Basically use your game knowledge and dont play so casually.

Comment

1) Shotgun damage is consistent. If you're hitting 10, you were out of range anyways. There's a 3 pellet minimum. After the latest buff, I and everyone else I meet average about the shotgun's base damage.
      2) After watching a bunch of random streams today, it seems like bloom control is a skill that needs to be learned. Understanding the bloom of the weapon and your current range will let you hit your target without much issue.
      3) Play with friends. You get to make more mistakes. As for SBMM, a separate ranked mode is fine. Forcing SBMM in the casual modes will kill the game.
      4) They had redeploy in the core modes for a few weeks. It was removed. If you're complaining about not having SBMM, then redeploy is going to make the game harder for you. It allowed you to easily 3rd party and favored builders.
      5) The pop-up cups had a good system. Health and 150 mats on kill. 500 max materials, but 40% increase farming rate. Kill a few people early game, and you'd almost be at max mats.

For farming efficiently, learn what's good and what's bad. When going through a building, hit the objects that'll give around 5+. On the outside, the fences are one of the best for wood. Pallets are also good. Trees are average to below average. Large wooden logs are amazing.
      Last edited by SLxTnT; 01-12-2019, 03:56 AM.

Comment

they need to nerf the deagle that's my biggest pet hate its virtually made building with wood useless so now you have to farm metal or brick which takes twice as long dumb im over it to be honest.

I raged and uninstalled today got better stuff to do they have some try hard sweaty rocket launching and deagle my builds for days on end or even nerf the ammo on the deagle so you cant cant spam over and over again.

Also omg how many try hard ttv or youtube try hards are there wow every second guy is ttv with 2 people viewing him get a life mate seriously having ttv or youtube in your name makes me not want to watch your stream as it screams try hard that's never touched a boob before.

Comment

Shotgun damage is definitely inconsistent. If I hit a guy in the face for 35 damage with the blue pump then don't ****ing tell me I was out of range!
          Bloom control should not be a ****ing skill!
          SBMM will not kill the game. Enough with that bs.
          Glider re-deploy is tricky. However fortnite is not about logic. Where's the logic in bunnyhopping with a pump? Not to mention being able to carry endless supply of turrets in your pocket.
          A BR game is a race to survival. Farming resources is part of it. Want to just rush around and kill people left and right? Go play COD.

Comment

• SLxTnT commented
            Editing a comment
            A blue shotgun does 10 damage per pellet. 1 pellet in the head will result in 1 headshot and 2 body for 40 damage. It's impossible to headshot for 35 damage with a blue pump without having the first damage drop off. At that range, a headshot is meaningless. It only requires 1 pellet to register as a headshot, which is going to happen due to spread.
            Recoil control is a skill in other games. Why would controlling bloom to get the highest chance of hitting your target not be a skill? With some minor building skills and bloom control, 2 k/d or so is pretty easy to get.
            "Kill" might be too strong of a word. They'd lose players. Forcing players to have a campfest to even have a shot at winning is not fun. I'd have a choice of either camping in my 1x1 for 20 minutes or killing people who can't even aim. Neither option is fun, and is the complete opposite of why I play this game. A ranked mode is perfectly fine. You aren't forcing players to play that.

Originally posted by SLxTnT View Post
          Forcing SBMM in the casual modes will kill the game.
          Please stop quoting pros from season 2. It isn't the same game anymore. Like another person stated, every second player is a tryhard ttv. I can't even play this game casually because I run into kids that play this every second of every day against me and I don't have the time nor do I want to do that. I uninstalled 3 times trying to get into this game. I'm not even at a KD of 1.0 in season 7 and I'm really not a bad player. I just keep running into people with 10+ kills every game, when in all reality, they shouldn't even be in my lobby.

In regards to the other guys saying I was out of range. Please read, I stated I was only a few steps away. I watched the replay, every pellet landed and only did 50 damage. I landed the rocket right at his feet, and no he wasn't jumping. It did 75 damage. The damage in this game has zero consistency.

Lately I've been getting off fortnite really frustrated and for that reason I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by RoidRaged1 View Post

Please stop quoting pros from season 2. It isn't the same game anymore. Like another person stated, every second player is a tryhard ttv. I can't even play this game casually because I run into kids that play this every second of every day against me and I don't have the time nor do I want to do that. I uninstalled 3 times trying to get into this game. I'm not even at a KD of 1.0 in season 7 and I'm really not a bad player. I just keep running into people with 10+ kills every game, when in all reality, they shouldn't even be in my lobby.

In regards to the other guys saying I was out of range. Please read, I stated I was only a few steps away. I watched the replay, every pellet landed and only did 50 damage. I landed the rocket right at his feet, and no he wasn't jumping. It did 75 damage. The damage in this game has zero consistency.

Lately I've been getting off fortnite really frustrated and for that reason I'm out.

Quoting pros? I don't watch any pros, didn't play during S2 (S4 player here), nor do I know/care what any of them say. Think of it this way. People don't want to be forced to always play against higher skilled players. Why would we want to be forced to do the same? This isn't a simple 1v1 game. You're fighting 99 other players. Fighting your own skill rank once is fine. 50/50 chance to win. Now you're potentially weaker for the next fight, so what did you gain? More than likely, you have very little mats and lower HP. Anyone who fights you at this point, which they will, means you're going to die. To win, you now have to camp until the end and play "tunnel from the storm." Willingly playing those types of games is completely different than being forced. I have about 3 games worth before I'm tired of that style. In other words, I'd get off the game. Why are you guys so against a ranked mode, and instead keep wanting to force SBMM in the casual modes? It'd allow for a better skill based algorithm, and result in the exact same thing as you want without affecting other players.

As for everyone being a try hard, you need to rush more. The majority of the players I fight are 1 k/d and below. When someone rushes me, they're most likely above 1 k/d. Not only will you find a larger skill range, but you will get more practice overall.

Your issue is that you watched the replay. Those are inaccurate. Enable shadowplay, or something similar, and watch live clips. You'd need to find the exact frame you shot, and look at your spread or bullet hit count instead of the pellet trails. This game has bullet trails on weapons that are hitscan.

Comment

Originally posted by SLxTnT View Post
              Think of it this way. People don't want to be forced to always play against higher skilled players. Why would we want to be forced to do the same?
              You literally proved my point right there! You just said you mainly run into people with less than 1 kd. Me, being one of those people are constantly fighting higher skilled players. That's EVERY GAME. Yet, you wonder why so many people want SBMM. I never said I was against ranked. Ranked is a form of SBMM. If someone says SBMM, assume they are also saying ranked.

Comment

• SLxTnT commented
                Editing a comment
                "If someone says SBMM, assume they are also saying ranked."
                Then be clear. Many people saying they want SBMM will say they want it in place of casual modes. Considering you commented on my "forcing SBMM" part, I inferred you were talking about the same thing.

If you aren't clear, people will interpret it differently. In game tournaments are technically SBMM. Pretty bad one, but still SBMM.
            Working...
            X