Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS4 balance: controller vs. keyboard + mouse

Collapse
X

PS4 balance: controller vs. keyboard + mouse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Author membership
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PS4 balance: controller vs. keyboard + mouse

    Hello, just wondering: what is this game doing to balance controller use vs. use of keyboard & mouse on PlayStation 4?

    Seems pretty unfair/unbalanced to me to play with a controller against players who use a keyboard and a mouse?

  • #2
    I’ve tried it actually, maybe two games and went back to the controller. I also have played BR on my pc once too, honestly my pc isn’t good enough to keep playing on it. I felt that the mouse was way better on pc for better precision aiming. Idk why why it just felt wrong on the PS4. Maybe I just needed to mess the the sensitivity settings more and play a few more games

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eckerrr View Post
      Hello, just wondering: what is this game doing to balance controller use vs. use of keyboard & mouse on PlayStation 4?

      Seems pretty unfair/unbalanced to me to play with a controller against players who use a keyboard and a mouse?
      Completely agree. It is a known fact that aiming is quite easier and more precise with a mouse and keyboard, hence all competitions now a days played with computers.
      It is not an equally balanced game, when regular ps4 players encounter people using keyboard and mouse, with their mighty precision and accuracy. It's like playing against hackers using aim-bot in computers. NOT FAIR.

      It's very simple: If someone wants to play with their keyboard and mouse, by all means play with them.. On your PC!!
      This option should be eliminated. If playing on a ps4, play with a ps4 controller. Like the console was meant to be enjoyed.

      Just like hacking affects PC clients, ruining their gameplay. This alternative mode affects PS4 players the same way, as I'm clearly at a disadvantage: Ruining my gameplay.

      EPIC TEAM please take this into account. If your cheating policy is in fact as strict as we have seen lately, then something should be done about this.
      Thank you.

      Comment


      • #4
        Fortnite on console dosent really cater as much to Mouse and Keyboard players like you guys are making it seem like. With weapon bloom and rng accuracy aim accuracy dosent matter as much as snapping to you target which you dont get with a Mouse and Keyboard like you do with a controller. If weapons were dead accurate then Mouse and Keyboard would be a huge deal but theyre not. I have won most of my games on the PC with my PS4 controller.

        Also you cant compare hacking or cheats with mouse and keyboard dont be foolish. As long as the game allows you to use a mouse and keyboard you should be able to Epic knows what theyre doing...sometimes.

        Comment


        • #5
          I won't lie, being able to choose your control scheme for PS4 is not a bad thing. Games like overwatch could be more populated on the PS4 and Xbox if they would open up the option to use Mouse and keyboard on it as well perhaps, but it really does become a fairness issue in all honesty when controllers are put against M&K. Yes, you CAN beat people who use mouse and keyboard, but they do have much better options button wise and control over aim in general. Guns in Fortnite are definitely less rewarding for being super accurate, but guns like shotguns at close range, the scoped AR and such, all have that little edge on M&K, however small it might be really. I myself believe if people are wanting to use M&K, they should do it on PC so the playing field is even. That's just my thoughts.

          Comment


          • #6
            In theory m+k is a advantage but I have tried it on PS4. It’s not that easy, since there are no mouse sensitivity options in game. I still find it better to use the controller.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Chronicmaniac View Post

              Completely agree. It is a known fact that aiming is quite easier and more precise with a mouse and keyboard, hence all competitions now a days played with computers.
              It is not an equally balanced game, when regular ps4 players encounter people using keyboard and mouse, with their mighty precision and accuracy. It's like playing against hackers using aim-bot in computers. NOT FAIR.

              It's very simple: If someone wants to play with their keyboard and mouse, by all means play with them.. On your PC!!
              This option should be eliminated. If playing on a ps4, play with a ps4 controller. Like the console was meant to be enjoyed.

              Just like hacking affects PC clients, ruining their gameplay. This alternative mode affects PS4 players the same way, as I'm clearly at a disadvantage: Ruining my gameplay.

              EPIC TEAM please take this into account. If your cheating policy is in fact as strict as we have seen lately, then something should be done about this.
              Thank you.
              Don't wanna be rude, but you clearly don't know what you are talking about. I'm pretty good at PC shooters playing with M/KB, but in BR on PS4 I lose to people playing with gamepads very often, even in face-to-face 1vs1 situations. There are clearly some benefits like the ability to quickly turn around and have a better visual control of surroundings. Also the building a little bit easier and more intuitive. But as far as shooting goes there are some disadvantages of M/KB controlling. The sensitivity is all over the place, very strange mouse acceleration, my PC reflexes simply don't work well when I aim on PS4 with mouse. Furthermore, inventory control is a nightmare because there's no mouse cursor on screen, so when I need to do something in my inventory I usually grab gamepad, do what I need and than switch back to M/KB. Sometimes it's super frustrating in battles. Also, don't forget about aim assist(funny that you mention aim bot): sometimes it's easier to quickly do some damage with gamepad than when you need to precisely put crosshair on your target(don't forget about weird mouse acceleration and sensitivity).
              I'm not saying that M/KB has no benefits at all, I just wanna explain to you that the situation is not that black and white. I just prefer mouse for shooters over gamepad even if it's not that great as in PC games. I usually play with my friend who uses only gamepad and our end round scores are not that different. Sometimes he performs way better than me. I just like the fact that Epic Games allows choise for gamers on consoles.

              Comment


              • #8
                I find the M&K set up too 'floaty' for my taste. Building was easier, but I certainly never felt like I had an advantage.

                Comment


                • #9
                  not to mention, you get auto aim with ps4, now if keyboards and mouse get auto aim feature on ps4 then we might need to talk, BUT if you do not not know what auto aim is it moves ur crosshair back to the target, if u dont know just put ur bloom right to the left or right of someone on ps4 and watch it automatically go to them....lol. BUT anyways, i have both ps4 and pc played, i prefer ps4 believe it or not, now i know when u play a pc account with a ps4 account or even 3 ps4 accounts you all go to the COMPUTER SERVERS thats right no auto aim, ur vsing keyboards and mouses, lets just say my ps4 friends do not have a good time, tho they have won a few out of 75 or so..lol.So that is not to be worried about, point being i have seen a ps4 controller duo on pc servers beat pcs, so if they mouse gets the auto aim by staying on ps4 then their might be a problem

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There should be a pretty good advantage for KB+M now.

                    Shouldn't be in a competitive console multiplayer period.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      el_verdicto I'm mostly talking about the people who play in their actual PC with their keyboard and mouse, and connect to ps4 servers by linking their account, etc.
                      I bought a PlayStation 4 gaming console, to play in ps4 servers, against ps4 users, using ps4 controllers. Not so that some wise guy on his computer links to the ps4 servers, and on top of that uses hacking software. When one gets two-tapped in ps4 servers with an assault rifle, from a long distance, something smells like BULL****.
                      I spectated and the player did the same with the next users he killed, headshot after headshot, not missing one shot. Thats what happens when you give people the opportunity to crossplay with PC. People exploit it and ruin the game for many others.

                      Even so the advantages of using keyboard and mouse are far more influential than the few ones of using the controller. "Oh i can edit my guns and drop items really fast with my controller, I'm going to win with this advantage." Against "Oh i can jump , do a 360 AND headshot someone at the same time with my mouse and keyboard." (They added a new menu it should be easy for you keyboard user to edit your backpack too.)

                      Give me one example of someone who streams or is a pro gamer in PC servers using a controller.
                      You cant honestly tell me that its a 100% fair game when keyboard & mouse users play against controller users.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        People still use mouse and keyboard even on a pc ? Jeeez .. nothing more sociable playing a game in your living room on your couch through your tv - pc or console ! Those reclusive desk days are over **** try hards !

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Stephen Curry View Post
                          not to mention, you get auto aim with ps4, now if keyboards and mouse get auto aim feature on ps4 then we might need to talk, BUT if you do not not know what auto aim is it moves ur crosshair back to the target, if u dont know just put ur bloom right to the left or right of someone on ps4 and watch it automatically go to them....lol. BUT anyways, i have both ps4 and pc played, i prefer ps4 believe it or not, now i know when u play a pc account with a ps4 account or even 3 ps4 accounts you all go to the COMPUTER SERVERS thats right no auto aim, ur vsing keyboards and mouses, lets just say my ps4 friends do not have a good time, tho they have won a few out of 75 or so..lol.So that is not to be worried about, point being i have seen a ps4 controller duo on pc servers beat pcs, so if they mouse gets the auto aim by staying on ps4 then their might be a problem
                          That's aim assist, not auto aim, and it's as beneficial as its detrimental, especially when trying to lead your target with the 2 projectile weapons. Some people overestimate aim-assist. It's definitely helpful, but it's not as great as some PC users seem to think. We're not talking GTA's actual auto-aim, here.

                          But it's true that bloom and RNG accuracy does negate some of mouse and keyboard's advantage. However, the Sniper is definitely much easier to use with mouse and keyboard.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            People whining when it cost them like $100 to get keyboard and mouse themselves

                            The reason people are using keyboard and mouse for ps4 is most likely because it isnt cheap to get a pc whereas ps4 is 500 to 700 dollars and runs just as smoothly
                            Last edited by Pablo Esketitbar; 12-17-2017, 02:20 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Unless I’m mistaken, you can buy a $20 M+KB combo deal to use on the PS4 for Fortnite (or is it only the Xim4?) if you can use any KB+M then why is it not fair to use one on PS4. It’s available to everyone that wants one and is a third of the price of a new controller....if you say it’s so much better then use the yourself.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X