X

Bush is the best strat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bush is the best strat

Honestly i believe bush is the best stat. Even if you queue up in squads as a duo, if you get the right bush, stuff like this can happen in the video below.

We sat in a pair of bushes all game and the circle closed in around us. We waited for teams to duke it out and then we swept in for the victory.

Its not all about how many kills you can get in a games, its all about getting that W.

If you want to play lame it is your choice, and if you have fun it is totally fine i guess. This strat will not work against good players though.

Comment

Lol it does work against good players. Unless they are able to spot someone in a bush from far away then it works. Its not like everyone can check every bush. It may be lame but it's all about that W.

Comment

I would agree it is up there with best strats along with tree hiding. It is super lame though, and gets old fast.

I have graduated bush play though, and i have to say, it is freaking great! i feel a freedom I never had before, and im not scared to run up into combat.

I now using the jumping strategy. I find a hill and jump around, breaking down trees and just cussing chaos along my path. I fear no man, for the land is mine, and shall be returned in the end, is my attitude. I have learned to build and how to properly engage, something I would have never learned before, hiding in bushes.

I will never go back. GL buddy, and may you find building.

Comment

I agree it is all about the W. I will engage when needed. And that hiding in a bush and getting those kills is solid. No different as compared to moving slowly and then getting a few guys. A lot of from behind kills in these kinds of games anyway.

It really is not lame either, IMO. But it is boring. I never just camp one spot for long periods. I have ran into some camping in a building that was in the circles the whole time. They have nothing really and I can take them out quick with my better weaponry. The thing about that is, a good player will watch that stuff. So the bush strategy is a better strategy then a lot of others.

What I find great is that many play this as a run in and kill people game. That allows me to get 4-5 kills and be there in the end with a shot to win. I have had some 2nd-3rd place games I could have won. 1 Solo that I should have won that upsets me but lag can happen and I ended up out of cover and not able to move as the only player in the circle with great weapons and 2 players who were going to have to cross the open field together and try to get in. I am sure they would have shot it out and I would have picked up the scraps for the win. Had 8 kills that match.

Honestly not sure what it is though. People just feel the need to rush in and fight. I will not just run away but engaging has to be smart. One duo match that my son and I won he had 11 kills and I had 8. We were careful and engaged smart. We would see people popping shots at each other like a run and gun shooter. Eats their health and stuff. I fully understand having to engage. My son and I would engage a team if we needed or it was smart. Win some and lose some. But so many people play way to guns blazing. They fix some of the hit issues and lag problems that hit and these people will have to change. And many of them do not even realize it.

Comment

well I guess I am confused why it is all about the win tbh. What is the point? Braging rights? That's all fine and dandy, but there are currently no rewards for X amount of wins, only for the first win.

Yes, it feels good to win, but it feels way better to win like a BOSS, imo. Don't knock it till you try it, because believe me, it feels amazing.

I think people that play it too safe are missing out on a lot. I have learned many hard lessons from getting into the action, which isnt always so avoidable. Not avoiding battle has made me a better player. People recognize I am good and invite me to their party most of the time if im ding solo queue in squad. This to me is way more enjoyable than getting boring wins all day.

I am not saying to be dumb about it, and challenge the world necessarily. Just dont find yourself being afraid, crouched in a bush all game. yes, play smart. yes, pick and choose your engagements. yes, make coordinated attacks. Games are fast, and enjoyable to start, so don't be so afraid of the Loss.

I am pretty sure everyone has had those games where they ended on 11 kills. How many people have won with 11 kills, by themselves, in squad play? I have. Multiple times. All thanks to positioning, and getting enough early-mid game kills to get the weapons i needed to win. Also you would be surprised in the amount of unlooted places in squad games. Cant find them if you are not taking risks and moving around the map. Time is limited.

I have also won a few games with only white and green weapons, but that was thanks to building and tactics mostly.
            Last edited by Thigh_Bruiser; 11-25-2017, 07:47 AM.

Comment

I have to go and agree with this, my first win came from using the bush.

Comment

Hardly. Bush camping is a low percentage win strat. If you want to watch someone who has a high percentage win gameplay style, watch Alex Rami streams on Youtube. 800+ wins in Solo, and counting. He'll be at 900 in a few days, and prolly 1000 before the end of the next. No joke. Solid mechanics, good building, not overly aggressive, not passive though, not by a long shot. It's a good mix of situational awareness, good aim, smart building and working the circles with perfection.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebediah_Storm View Post
                  Hardly. Bush camping is a low percentage win strat. If you want to watch someone who has a high percentage win gameplay style, watch Alex Rami streams on Youtube. 800+ wins in Solo, and counting. He'll be at 900 in a few days, and prolly 1000 before the end of the next. No joke. Solid mechanics, good building, not overly aggressive, not passive though, not by a long shot. It's a good mix of situational awareness, good aim, smart building and working the circles with perfection.
                  I don't usually run around the map bush camping, I was referencing when you actually find the bush consumable then it's pretty easy to cover yourself if you hide in a dark area like the shade of a tree or somewhere. Obviously, I don't have the perfection to do all of those things in the right amount, so for casual players like me, the bush is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Fire007 View Post

I don't usually run around the map bush camping, I was referencing when you actually find the bush consumable then it's pretty easy to cover yourself if you hide in a dark area like the shade of a tree or somewhere. Obviously, I don't have the perfection to do all of those things in the right amount, so for casual players like me, the bush is pretty good.
                    To each their own, I guess. I leave bushes behind all the time. All it does imo is obscure my hipfire view.

Comment

Lol hiding in a bush actually made it in some long Fortnite tip article :D

Link: https://gamerproblems.net/fortnite-b...yale-101-tips/

Comment

I'm just starting on Fortnite AND game controllers so, some camping, along with straggling, is a necessary evil.

Gets me top 10 almost every time and top 5 20% of the time. I just have to learn to aim and build efficiently. My tactics are solid. Shooting? Not so much.

1 week in on PS controller. It's gonna take 3 more at least before I can even think about winning. In the meantime I will troll the last few players either getting them killed or killing one or two haha

Comment

Yyyeeaaahhhh ummmm thats why i shoot all the bushes around me at the end circle. So fun when you see lame noobs running around in panic. I really hope they are like "HOW DID HE SEE ME HOW DID HE SEE ME HE IS CHEATING" *spams the report button*.

Comment

Working...
                          X